The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Guests in Uni Halls?

Got my gf coming up soon, apparently the max stay is 3 days, but we've planned for a week. Do security/accommodation ever check?
Which halls do you live in? I live in Boatman's Court and no one ever checks there.. there isn't even any security at Boatman's I think =/
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Roeburn.
Well I'm at my bf's all the time (he lives in whitendale) and we've never had a problem- security haven't even noticed me there tbh :P

Might be different if she isn't a student here tho =]
Reply 4
Ah, I'm sure they won't find out. We'll keep it down :angel:.

Thanks for the replies.
Reply 5
A guy in the flat next door had an unauthorised guest staying and the guest was chucked out although it was late at night. Not sure how they found out, whether they check CCTV or something, but just thought I'd let you know.
Reply 6
It shouldn't be a problem assuming your guest is polite/respectful of your flat mates.
You'd either be terribly unlucky for them to check randomly and find out or it would be due to a noise complaint
Reply 7
the 3 day stay rule (i think) only applie to external guests. people who arnt part of teh university. so someone with a uni ID card can stay aslong as other flat mates dont mind. (i think)
Reply 8
depends what halls you're in. if you're in the private ones then you can register a guest for up to three days. but if you don't rub it in their faces you can have someone over for longer. I stayed in private halls at my friend's from october '10 until june '11. in fact, after so long the staff thought I was actually one of the people living there. but I was a student at the uni at the time and I was paying rent elsewhere.

however if she's only coming to stay for a few days or so, it should be fine. just don't be like OMG MY GIRL IS IN MY ROOM to others because the staff might pick up on it.
I stayed in Ribble Halls last year and I had my boyfriend visiting me all the time! I think the longest he stayed was for just over a week! He never once got caught (or any of my other friends/family who stayed). We had a bit of drunken trouble with some chavs from foundry so I complained to security who visited my flat the next day (while I was at work) and spoke to my boyfriend instead...

Basically, if your flatmates aren't complete d*cks and are okay with you having visitors then you'll most likely get away with it (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending