The Student Room Group

History PGCE at IOE

The status of the course on gttr has now changed to no vacancies. Are those of us who have not been interviewed to assume we don't have a place?! I'm so confused. I have emailed the university but not yet had a response. Just seems like my options are reducing so fast at the moment.
Reply 1
Ahh I'm confused too! I had my interview but am still waiting to hear...maybe this means I haven't got a place? Has anyone heard anything from IOE?
Reply 2
Original post by emmap87
Ahh I'm confused too! I had my interview but am still waiting to hear...maybe this means I haven't got a place? Has anyone heard anything from IOE?

I don't think they've told anyone they've got a place yet. They've probably just interviewed enough suitable candidates to fill the places they expect to have, if that makes sense. Or at least that's what I infer from this email I received yesterday:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your patience while we await news on the allocation of teacher training places for the 2011/12 academic year. Your performance at interview was judged by the panel to be strong and places you amongst those candidates under serious consideration for a place here at the Institute of Education, the top-ranking institution for educational research, with outstanding OFSTED ratings in the latest inspections.

As yet, the number of teacher training places available in England has not been confirmed, which means that, in common with all other providers, we do not know how many applicants we can recruit. We know that this uncertainty is difficult for you, as it is for us, and we have engaged in strenuous lobbying on the matter. We will do our best to keep you up to date with developments, even where this means that we have to let you know that we are still awaiting news on final allocations. In any event, we will contact you as soon as possible after we receive the final numbers with the outcome of your application, and we will aim to be in touch with you via e-mail or text within twenty-four hours of that information being released. Please rest assured that you are among the applicants in whom we are most interested.

In the meantime, we hope you will bear with us until we are in a position to make final decisions.

With kind regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending