Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

The Official Carr-Saunders Hall Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Ooo'Yeah

Oo I hope it doesn't rise too much either as I've just put CS as my first choice mainly for the location, the social side and the low price :tongue: I hope I get it :biggrin:

yeah the low price meant i had a lot left over from my loan this year!! lets hope it's not too much of a rise :s
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Since it says on the website that 5 meals a week will be provided with no opt out, does anyone know or think that the cost of CS will be much higher than previous years? :s-smilie:

My guestimate at halls price including meals is that it will be about £127 a week.

If they go the way of Roseberry and make it a 3 course meal, expect it to be £5-10 more but we won't find out exactly what their plan is until we're back next term.
Reply 122
Yeah Dave is right, they won't announce rent prices until next term. I was at a meeting last term where the topic was brought up and the Head of Residential Life "couldn't and wouldn't" comment on rent for next year. We'll just have to wait and see!
The latest hall prices are in the 2012 UG Prospectus on their website!
Original post by a.hairy.turnip
The latest hall prices are in the 2012 UG Prospectus on their website!

Thank you so much for the update! Seems that this year's rates for a single will be 119, and meals will still be "pay as you go" :smile: i think im soooooo gonna put Cass as my 1st choice and fingers crossed that im gonna get in!
Original post by Loran Aniseed
Thank you so much for the update! Seems that this year's rates for a single will be 119, and meals will still be "pay as you go" :smile: i think im soooooo gonna put Cass as my 1st choice and fingers crossed that im gonna get in!

Fees just updated. £143.5 single rate including meals
Reply 126
what?! £143.5??? i've put CS as my first choice mainly because it was the most economical hall (together with rosebery).

but it has gotten too expensive and im having my fingers crossed that i'd get rosebery instead.
Reply 127
Original post by davidlcf

what?! £143.5??? i've put CS as my first choice mainly because it was the most economical hall (together with rosebery).

but it has gotten too expensive and im having my fingers crossed that i'd get rosebery instead.

SAME!!!
It seems that it exceeded the predictions by far (the predictions on this thread was £127/week) it must have been quite a shock to everyone ><
The rent rise is quite shocking tbh. No one here is happy with it obviously, and quite how they've arrived at that figure I don't know.

However, it is actually still a fairly good deal considering what you get for the price. Had I been in your position as freshers with the price hike, but knowing what I do now after a year here, I would still jump at the chance of a place in Saunders. CS has always been a (large) loss making hall that was subsidised by the more expensive ones so as to provide access to those who couldn't afford much. This adjustment whilst large, really just brings it in to line with the region you would expect it to be without the subsidising; and its still only a 31 week contract which saves you a lot of money over the year if going back home isn't too much of a problem.
Reply 130
I can't believe the application deadline was before they released the fees!
I picked CS as first preference because it was the cheapest - now it's gone way up, and would've changed to somewhere cheaper!
Reply 131
Original post by jsimoniti

I picked CS as first preference because it was the cheapest - now it's gone way up, and would've changed to somewhere cheaper!

dude dnt worry cz the price includes 30 evening meals a month.. thats atleast 100 pounds a month..
Reply 132
Yeah I did think that, but they're not included on weekends though :/
Reply 133
ah well... u can still change ur options... they said that the meal arrangements will change and the applicants will be allowed to change their mind..
Reply 134

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/forStudents/application/info_2010.aspx

The deadline should be 31 May 2011 :wink:

You can probably withdraw your application now on hallpad and submit a new one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi,

I've applied for accomodation pretty late (its almost mid-May now). My choices are
1. Carr-Saunders Single
2. Roseberry Single
3. Bankside Shared
4. International Hall Single
5. Hughes Parry Single
6. Connought Single

What are my chances of getting into one of the LSE Residences? I really don't wanna end up in an Inter-collegiate residence and I filled up the options only because it was compulsory.

Also, I will be arriving with a friend and I want to make sure we end up in the same Residence. Is there any way of doing that?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Anuj
Reply 136
Original post by s2004060
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/forStudents/application/info_2010.aspx

thanks for the advice :wink: to be honest it sounds like a good place and i'll keep my choices how they are, as long as everybody there is friendly, helpful and makes me feel special as i will be missing my mummy.
Reply 137
Original post by s2004060

but if im not wrong, there may also be a change in the catering system at rosebery? correct me if im wrong.

if that happens, the prices will increase as well. probably would b in the region of £140.

rosebery and CS are the cheapest there is, so they are my first choices. the increase in price has really screwed up my budget plan big time. =(
Reply 138
but if im not wrong, there may also be a change in the catering system at rosebery? correct me if im wrong.

if that happens, the prices will increase as well. probably would b in the region of £140.

rosebery and CS are the cheapest there is, so they are my first choices. the increase in price has really screwed up my budget plan big time. =(

Yeah it screwed mine up too!
Yeah it screwed mine up too!

Mine too, guess I'll be having 10p noodles everyday and occasionally treat myself to some cheap pasta.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending