The Student Room Group

Help, opinions needed! To die my hair red or not...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natashapt
:blah:

Go fer it kidda :awesome:
Why whats the midnight red one like I've never seen it? :smile: Will it still be vibrant?

I don't think it's very vibrant, but it has a nice edge to it:

Reply 22
Oh MY gosh.

You look strikingly similar to my ex and i'm not even kidding, that was some spooky ****.
Reply 23
Original post by damos92
Oh MY gosh.

You look strikingly similar to my ex and i'm not even kidding, that was some spooky ****.

Sorry :smile: Maybe I'm her reincarnated while she was alive..
Reply 24
Sorry :smile: Maybe I'm her reincarnated while she was alive..

Lol well, i've tried in my mind to see how that could work and it's hurt my head but what i can say for sure is that you've now spoken to the person who once snogged your doppleganger.
:wink:
i think it suits you the way it is now tbh, but it would also look good red.
i used that colour, it is really nice :smile: but i wanted to go a bit more daring so went a shade brighter "real red"

if you look in shops, they also do a cherry red kind of colour now, that is especially designed to come out properly on darker brown hair, you might want to check that one out. i know superdrug usually stocks it.
Reply 26
Original post by damos92
Lol well, i've tried in my mind to see how that could work and it's hurt my head but what i can say for sure is that you've now spoken to the person who once snogged your doppleganger.
:wink:

Can I ask..whats a doppleganger?
Reply 27
First of all, stop with the duckface.
Secondly, don't dye your hair red, whether it be fully red or a tinting. It seems like EVERYONE is doing it at the moment, and, tbh, I don't think it would suit you.
You look nicest in your second pic - brown hair hanging down with a bit of a fringe - and NO DUCKFACE!
You have a thin face and good bone structure - you don't need to suck your cheeks in and pout!

Don't dye, don't duckface and less makeup - you don't need it.
Reply 28
Original post by Magsam
First of all, stop with the duckface.
Secondly, don't dye your hair red, whether it be fully red or a tinting. It seems like EVERYONE is doing it at the moment, and, tbh, I don't think it would suit you.
You look nicest in your second pic - brown hair hanging down with a bit of a fringe - and NO DUCKFACE!
You have a thin face and good bone structure - you don't need to suck your cheeks in and pout!

Don't dye, don't duckface and less makeup - you don't need it.

I did apologise in the OP for the posey pic, none of these are very recent pics of me and tbh I don't really need people's opinions on how I look in my pics and how much make up i'm wearing, I wanted to know if red hair would suit me. It's not about everyone else doing it, it's about me wanting a change.
Reply 29
:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Magsam
If you want a change, do it.
This is the internet, people will give you their opinions, pulling no punches, and if you don't like that, don't ask.

I didn't ask though, did I? I didn't ask "Do I need to wear less makeup and how are my poses?" As I stated, both those pictures are over 2 years old, I wanted to know how red hair would look on me and if people thought I should go for it.
Reply 31
I didn't ask though, did I? I didn't ask "Do I need to wear less makeup and how are my poses?" As I stated, both those pictures are over 2 years old, I wanted to know how red hair would look on me and if people thought I should go for it.

Arf, I already edited my post because I was being tetchy for no reason and you replied! So sorry about that.

I know you only asked about the hair. It was rude of me to comment on other things but I was hardly the only one!

Asking on the internet is silly because you're the one who'll be doing it or not - anonymity makes bastards of us all.
Reply 32
Can I ask..whats a doppleganger?

A doppleganger is a mythical type of folklore which says that every human being on earth has someone somewhere else in the world who looks exactly the same as them and well, my ex really does look like you to a tee.
Reply 33
Original post by Magsam
Arf, I already edited my post because I was being tetchy for no reason and you replied! So sorry about that.

I know you only asked about the hair. It was rude of me to comment on other things but I was hardly the only one!

Asking on the internet is silly because you're the one who'll be doing it or not - anonymity makes bastards of us all.

Ah I didnt get the other peoples comments really until you said haha...guess I just wanted people's opinions is all :smile: Thankyou though think im gunna go for it anyway!
Reply 34
I think it might suit u, u wud probably stand out quite a lot
Reply 35
Your hot anyways but i have a special love for red...but it will look wierd if you dont maintain

But redhead with blue eyes is just woow <3
Reply 36
Yes - I think a deep auburn colour would suit you. Just be careful when roots grow out - I don't think you'll have a problem though because you can dye a colour close to yor natural colour back (unlike when I dyed mine dark 'cause I have mousy blonde hair so the roots would have looked grey. I ended up getting my whole head bleached and now have it all cut to shoulders because it has damaged it!) lol

I think you should go for it ...
i'm sure any color suit YOU (:
Go for it. I had my hair red for a stint when I was 15. I liked it :smile:

Mine's green now :wink:
Reply 39
I did it and it looks fab :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest