The Student Room Group

Help, opinions needed! To die my hair red or not...

Scroll to see replies

Fine piece of meat there.
Reply 41
Original post by natashapt
I did it and it looks fab :biggrin:

Thought it might not suit you but just read your last comment; I'm glad you tried it and you like it :smile: if you don't mind me asking, what brand did you use? Cause if your hair was dark, it's usually difficult to get a nice tone of cherry red.
Hey everyone, just wondering if I could get some opinions on whether I should die my hair like a dark cherry red colour (LIVE XXL RED PASSION 43) ?
And if it would suit me? Btw my hair isn't the colour in the pic now it's much darker after going from blonde to dark brown...
Sorry for the posey pic aswell, not really got many face on ones where you can see my hair clearly without it being a posey one :tongue:
EDIT: Why did someone neg rep me? Seriously some people are sad.

Actually, it's sad that you care about rep.

Also...

Reply 43
post new pics of your hair! :smile: I wanted to dye my hair red, but I don't know how I'd get the red colour out if I didn't like it...any ideas?
Original post by inksplodge
i personally went for ths colour:
http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-colour/all-over-color/casting-creme-gloss/360-black-cherry.aspx
very nice, i am dye-ing it every 5 weeks or so. i think the dark red would look nice on you :smile:

THIS is the one:awesome:
Reply 45
I would not go for red. I have died my dark blonde hair red only once but it was a mistake. you will never get the reddish touch out of your hair without cutting it drastically short. I hated red shortly after I died it because you see the natural colour on the roots quickly and that is very ugly because it makes a contrast. I tried amber red.
Impressive pair of lips.
Reply 47
I dyed it with Loreal Feria Plum Power even though it looked red on the box, shall take a pic and upload now :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by spazman21
Actually, it's sad that you care about rep.

Also...

Um i didnt ask for your opinion on my face, so thanks, but I don't really care what you make of how I look in my picture,
Reply 49
Original post by OceanSoul
Thought it might not suit you but just read your last comment; I'm glad you tried it and you like it :smile: if you don't mind me asking, what brand did you use? Cause if your hair was dark, it's usually difficult to get a nice tone of cherry red.

Loreal Feria 3D plum power :biggrin:
Reply 50
I dyed it with Loreal Feria Plum Power even though it looked red on the box, shall take a pic and upload now :smile:

Was about to ask if you'd upload a picture, I've had my hair dark reddish for a while now, really like it.
Reply 51
It kinda seemed like from ur pic u wanted people to think you were hot more than you wanted them to be able to give you an honest opinion of your hair color. It is hard to get a good idea from the duck face and the angle of the camera, but I think paler girls typically pull the red off better. It rarely works. I think maybe your natural color (I assume dark brown by ur skin tone but I can't tell cause i am 95% sure ur hair in the pic is dyed) may be better or an almost black with light brown low lite's. You can always do something like this which is kinda funky w/out going over the top.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/2/20652/13_2008/jordin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bellasugar.com/Love-Hate-Jordin-Sparks-Nickelodeon-Look-1510895&usg=__bb3HaL3bL1rlD_fWjLJHM6hOVf4=&h=400&w=297&sz=44&hl=en&start=0&sig2=9yax8_ecMHUUxVaiqMcHkg&zoom=1&tbnid=2G2KSsUCKgK8JM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=103&ei=T9ZBTebqGYLGlQf2wLka&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dred%2Bstreaked%2Bhair%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4TSHB_enUS255US255%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D550%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=374&oei=O9ZBTZOGNoK78gbm2b20AQ&esq=4&page=1&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0&tx=76&ty=51
Reply 52
Original post by Allie-23
It kinda seemed like from ur pic u wanted people to think you were hot more than you wanted them to be able to give you an honest opinion of your hair color. It is hard to get a good idea from the duck face and the angle of the camera, but I think paler girls typically pull the red off better. It rarely works. I think maybe your natural color (I assume dark brown by ur skin tone but I can't tell cause i am 95% sure ur hair in the pic is dyed) may be better or an almost black with light brown low lite's. You can always do something like this which is kinda funky w/out going over the top.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/2/20652/13_2008/jordin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bellasugar.com/Love-Hate-Jordin-Sparks-Nickelodeon-Look-1510895&usg=__bb3HaL3bL1rlD_fWjLJHM6hOVf4=&h=400&w=297&sz=44&hl=en&start=0&sig2=9yax8_ecMHUUxVaiqMcHkg&zoom=1&tbnid=2G2KSsUCKgK8JM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=103&ei=T9ZBTebqGYLGlQf2wLka&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dred%2Bstreaked%2Bhair%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4TSHB_enUS255US255%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D550%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=374&oei=O9ZBTZOGNoK78gbm2b20AQ&esq=4&page=1&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0&tx=76&ty=51

Well did I state anywhere that I wanted people to rate me!? No. I wanted an honest opinion whether my hair would look good died red. I apologised for the posey pic as I realise many TSR'ers have a stick up their arse about "duckface". Also, my hair is natural in that pic as it was taken over 2 years ago. I have already dyed my hair red.
Reply 53
Hey i quickly photoshopped for you, i couldn't find a more vibrant red lol .. but purple looks surprisingly nice on you too lol
Reply 54
Original post by xayshx
post new pics of your hair! :smile: I wanted to dye my hair red, but I don't know how I'd get the red colour out if I didn't like it...any ideas?

It wont let me upload them i dont know why! keeps failing!! might have to join photobucket or something to do it! dye over it brown?!? or go to the hairdresseers to get it removed if you dont like it :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by QStah
Hey i quickly photoshopped for you, i couldn't find a more vibrant red lol .. but purple looks surprisingly nice on you too lol

Hehe i actually quite like that :biggrin: its much darker though more like the colour of cherries :biggrin:
Reply 56
Oooooo red!

Reply 57
it matches the colour of your eyes but it is only amazing on the top. the rest is too dark, to my mind. I liked the photoshop version. :-)

but you have to like it and feel comfortable with
Reply 58
Original post by Cynthi007
it matches the colour of your eyes but it is only amazing on the top. the rest is too dark, to my mind. I liked the photoshop version. :-)

but you have to like it and feel comfortable with

It only looks that way from the pic because I cant shine light on it from every direction!
Reply 59
It only looks that way from the pic because I cant shine light on it from every direction!

Looks really nice! :biggrin: I want to do that same, but not as bright! :colondollar:

Quick Reply