The Student Room Group

ccea biology A2 unit 1 Jan 2011 thread

Anyone else stressed out about this exam and just realized that they only have 2 days to revise everything?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just did it 2day, thought it was hard :frown: definitely need to repeat it lol
Reply 2
It was so hard, too much of that ecology stuff
Reply 3
aw i know, was wile hard to understand that stuff. the essay was alrite tho
it was terrible... the only questions i could answer was the first and the last eeek every time i turned the page there was another table or graph :frown:
Reply 5
so much was completely left off from the spec, homeostasis, eyes, muscles,population. its like they forgot to put the biology on it.
Reply 6
I know, i felt like I would have been better off if I revised from a geography text book. CCEA must want us all to become farmers!!!!!
Reply 7
It was soo bad..everyone in my school was disappointed! All the farming stuff and the reindeer! FFS So much more writing in this one than the last ones! Didnt have enough time to check over it! Did you get 2% for and 18000 fo the NPP?
Reply 8
yep i got them two answers aswell
yeah i got 2% and 18000 :smile:
whole thing was commenting on graphs and tables, don't know why i bothered revising
Reply 10
yes i got those two answers, ah i feel good that i possibly got something right. Im doing ccea geography tomorrow and expecting the eye to appear on it now, theyve got them a bit mixed up
I thought it was easy peasy lemon squeezy... but yet again I am from a snowy island covered in foraging reindeer
Reply 12
i do Alevel maths and yet every time i do a biology question involving percentages i forget to multiply by 100... FFS :frown: but yes, i didnt revise and i found it ok, whereas everyone else came out of the exam saying it was the worst paper ever, makes me feel overconfident lol
Reply 13
Original post by oliviab
so much was completely left off from the spec, homeostasis, eyes, muscles,population. its like they forgot to put the biology on it.

i 100% agree with this it was a waste of time revising!
Reply 14
Original post by SingMeALullaby
yeah i got 2% and 18000 :smile:
whole thing was commenting on graphs and tables, don't know why i bothered revising

got them as well so i can safely say i got 3/90..... :eek:
Reply 15
I was very disappointed in the paper. It had such a heavy ecological bias and considering it was a physiology and ecology paper there should have been equal amounts.

Personally and I'm sure like the majority of people, I prefer the human biology topics. I pretty much know all the physiology topics inside out. I knew the ecology as well but I wasn't as confident with that. I think its harder to revise too because its less interesting.

I'd like to say I think I did ok in it because I FEEL like I've answered everything to a fairly competent standard but the thing is too that I find with ecology is that it seems a lot more ambiguous answer wise. Anyone else think that? I mean most of the questions feel like you're being asked a "suggest" type question. Nothing seems set in stone.

Immunity section B was a godsend though :biggrin:

Still if the general consensus here is that the paper is too difficult the marks will be bumped up by the weighting ratio. So won't be too bad in the end of the day.
Reply 16
I got a B, not as bad as I epected
Reply 17
Well done! :smile: I got 105/120! an A!! Amazed! Thought I failed it! Its my highest mark in bio yet! :smile:
Original post by Ajka
Well done! :smile: I got 105/120! an A!! Amazed! Thought I failed it! Its my highest mark in bio yet! :smile:

I also got an A! Very happy considering i thought i got an E! Would love to see the raw mark grade boundries! Congrats
Reply 19
Original post by Hellothere!!
I also got an A! Very happy considering i thought i got an E! Would love to see the raw mark grade boundries! Congrats

Me too! The marks were so varied in my class. I despise reindeer and glad wont have to retake them! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending