The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 221

Nyah, I thought that one was known already? :s-smilie:
Reply 222
The Rachni one was hardly a secret.

If it didn't have any effect I'd be infuriated.
Reply 223
http://gamingeverything.com/?p=3178

some scans from the gameplay of Mass Effect 3 and more details in the latest gameinformer magazine.

Spoiler

Makes you wonder however

Spoiler

Original post by cambo211

Well, quite.
Reply 225

My money's betting that they join forces with the Reapers. The Reapers remind me of the Rachni, sort of, and plus, the Rachni Wars were started by a Reaper, so it stands to reason they'd be susceptible to their influence again. However, it'll be interesting to see where they take it.

Spoiler

Original post by Hylean
My money's betting that they join forces with the Reapers. The Reapers remind me of the Rachni, sort of, and plus, the Rachni Wars were started by a Reaper, so it stands to reason they'd be susceptible to their influence again. However, it'll be interesting to see where they take it.

I'm interested as well. I don't see it being as simple as them joining up with one side or the other - what were we doing in ME1, making a moral choice, or making a big cosmic bet that we could turn down the difficulty of a game four years in the future?
Reply 228
Original post by Jace Falco
I'm interested as well. I don't see it being as simple as them joining up with one side or the other - what were we doing in ME1, making a moral choice, or making a big cosmic bet that we could turn down the difficulty of a game four years in the future?

Why can't it be both, though? You are warned when doing it that it could backfire and they could return to plague the galaxy again. Foreshadowing at its best if it does happen, like. I think that's probably going to be the biggest challengers for the developers. They've got so many different variables to bring together in the final chapter. I highly doubt anyone will play the game the same way twice, cause there are so many choices across the first two, let alone what might appear in the last one.
Reply 229
Original post by Hylean
Nyah, I thought that one was known already? :s-smilie:

Chances are, it probably was. I'm the kind of guy who'll read some news and get excited, forget about it after a while, rediscover it ___ months later and get all excited again so yeah... :redface: :tongue:

On a side note, I would like to never see Miranda again.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hylean

The Rachni sent a message to Shepard on Illium that they "would burn the skies free of darkness" and something like we will stand in the light or something like that. There on the side of good ala Paragon.

And weren't the Rachni Wars started by the Council when they opened up a old mass relay? The council couldn't win the war because the Rachni home planet was toxic so the salarians revolutionized the Krogan and sent them in to exterminate them.

I guess that Legion and the Geth will play some role if you save them as well instead of wiping them out. Gonna have a hard time with the renegade.
Original post by Lessthanzero
The Rachni sent a message to Shepard on Illium that they "would burn the skies free of darkness" and something like we will stand in the light or something like that. There on the side of good ala Paragon.

And weren't the Rachni Wars started by the Council when they opened up a old mass relay? The council couldn't win the war because the Rachni home planet was toxic so the salarians revolutionized the Krogan and sent them in to exterminate them.

I guess that Legion and the Geth will play some role if you save them as well instead of wiping them out. Gonna have a hard time with the renegade.

When you speak to the Rachni Queen on Noveria, she says that the Rachni in the Wars were affected by a "sour, yellow note" from deep space - they were being influenced by the Reapers.
When you speak to the Rachni Queen on Noveria, she says that the Rachni in the Wars were affected by a "sour, yellow note" from deep space - they were being influenced by the Reapers.

Reapers are black not yellow :confused:
Reply 233

Who are we to say what colours another species see?

Who are we to say what colours another species see?

What cambo said. The Rachni Queen is trying to interpret Rachni senses for a human. When she says that they heard something sour and yellow, I think it's safe to say we're not really talking about hearing, taste or sight.
What cambo said. The Rachni Queen is trying to interpret Rachni senses for a human. When she says that they heard something sour and yellow, I think it's safe to say we're not really talking about hearing, taste or sight.

My bad I didn't mean to sound so accusatory, I'm just pointing out that the Rachni War began because they were hassled by the council. Was just asking about the reaper indoctrination of the Rachni, I always thought it was a Salarian provoked war and that the Rachni were innocent. I found this though, was pretty interesting from the Mass Effect wiki

Possible Victims
Dr. Shu Qian
Edan Had'dah
Crew of MSV Cornucopia
The rachni queens that led their species in the rachni war, suggested in a message from the remaining queen if she was allowed to live. It is also suggested by the queen when discovered on Noveria.
(edited 12 years ago)
My bad I didn't mean to sound so accusatory, I'm just pointing out that the Rachni War began because they were hassled by the council. Was just asking about the reaper indoctrination of the Rachni, I always thought it was a Salarian provoked war and that the Rachni were innocent. I found this though, was pretty interesting from the Mass Effect wiki

Possible Victims
Dr. Shu Qian
Edan Had'dah
Crew of MSV Cornucopia
The rachni queens that led their species in the rachni war, suggested in a message from the remaining queen if she was allowed to live. It is also suggested by the queen when discovered on Noveria.

Sorry, I'm lost. What is it that you're saying?
Sorry, I'm lost. What is it that you're saying?

That I thought the Salarians provoked the Rachni into a war. I didn't realize that they'd been dibbled in Indoctrination and probably had a hand in there own downfall.
That I thought the Salarians provoked the Rachni into a war. I didn't realize that they'd been dibbled in Indoctrination and probably had a hand in there own downfall.

No, I got that. What was that whole bit about 'Possible victims' and Rachni Queens in the second paragraph of your post?
No, I got that. What was that whole bit about 'Possible victims' and Rachni Queens in the second paragraph of your post?

Ah I see, that's from the indoctrination page on the mass effect wiki. Just states who were victims of the reapers.

Quick Reply