The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Illusionary
I've been waiting a long while for the PS3 release of ME2 - finally we've made it :biggrin:

How far should I be pushing the difficulty the first time though the game? :beard:

Original post by cambo211
If you're playing soldier go straight for insanity :colone:

...but don't play soldier, play Adept, you get pull, throw and shockwave :biggrin: :biggrin: Or vanguard, i heard that's fun too
Original post by Some random guy
PC is the only way to experience the ME franchise IMO.

Anyone up for some rule 34 Mass Effect?

FORNAX
you google 'fornax magazine pdf'
Reply 22
Original post by dnumberwang
...but don't play soldier, play Adept, you get pull, throw and shockwave :biggrin: :biggrin: Or vanguard, i heard that's fun too

I prefer Infiltrator myself. Some nice little tech abilities and you still get the massive snipers.

And invisibility :ninja:

I prefer Infiltrator myself. Some nice little tech abilities and you still get the massive snipers.

From what I remember of ME1 (that was a long while ago), that was my favourite class in the original game :yes:
Reply 24
The thing with playing on insanity is that every enemy has a shield of some sort, usually armour, which the sniper with inferno ammo absolutely decimates.
Nice idea for a thread! I'll join! :biggrin:

Coincidently started playing Mass Effect 1 and 2 again just before I saw this.

Spoiler

I'm excited about ME3. Hope it'll be good. :dance:
Original post by dnumberwang
FORNAX
you google 'fornax magazine pdf'

Old news dude.

And the Drell anatomy is wrong. Drell do not have mammaries.
I don't know about you fine gentlemen of TSR, but I've insered my rigid penis into Liara 'That-there-fookin'-pesky-Shadow-Broker-what-a-git-he-is' T'Soni and Miranda 'Let's-Whack-A-Beer-On-The-Barby' Lawson :perv:

I played as an Infiltrator thinking it'd be a pretty nifty class to use. I don't think I used invisibility once, aside from when I hit the wrong button. I played on the difficulty one up from normal as well. I wish I'd picked a class where I would have used the unique ability offered by them. I probably wouldn't play as an infiltrator again unless going on an Insanity run.

I'm definitely thinking I should jump straight into the pre-Insanity difficulty (Hardcore?) for ME3, hopefully not at the expense of a broken TV.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by JohnnySPal
I don't know about you fine gentlemen of TSR, but I've insered my rigid penis into Liara 'That-there-fookin'-pesky-Shadow-Broker-what-a-git-he-is' T'Soni and Miranda 'Let's-Whack-A-Beer-On-The-Barby' Lawson :perv:

I played as an Infiltrator thinking it'd be a pretty nifty class to use. I don't think I used invisibility once, aside from when I hit the wrong button. I played on the difficulty one up from normal as well. I wish I'd picked a class where I would have used the unique ability offered by them. I probably wouldn't play as an infiltrator again unless going on an Insanity run.

I'm definitely thinking I should jump straight into the pre-Insanity difficulty (Hardcore?) for ME3, hopefully not at the expense of a broken TV.

I found the invisibilty useful to pull off easy headshots on insanity. It just makes some of the fights that little bit easier.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
:sexface: I was quite shocked when I realised Miranda was modeled (and voiced?) after Yvonne Strahovski from such good shows as Chuck.

Spoiler

Cor blimey, I'll be back in five lads :gunfire:
The invisibility is very useful for flanking.
Reply 31
I personally love Vanguard myself. The Charge ability with shotguns up close is pretty damn lethal. Such fun as well.

Currently on my second run through ME1, just working my way through the achievements. Playing as soldier this time, running a sniper with automatic rifles. Deadly combo, really. Love this series. Looking forward to importing this character. She's an evil bitch, heh.
Reply 32
I'm commander shepherd and this is my favourite thread on TSR

Bioware are my favourite devs ever, ME1&2, DA:O and Kotor all classic RPGs, bring on DA2 and ME3
Reply 33
It’s all about the kitty dinosaur that is Garrus.

There’s a ‘surprising’ amount of erotic artwork of him on the web.
Not that I’ve been looking for it...

:erm:
Original post by El Nombre
It’s all about the kitty dinosaur that is Garrus.

There’s a ‘surprising’ amount of erotic artwork of him on the web.
Not that I’ve been looking for it...

:erm:

Quite possibly the most disturbing thing I've ever read.
Original post by draconia_93
Nice idea for a thread! I'll join! :biggrin:

Coincidently started playing Mass Effect 1 and 2 again just before I saw this.

Spoiler

I'm excited about ME3. Hope it'll be good. :dance:

I didn't kill anyone apart from Jack on my second playthrough, but hey, she's a bitch.
Reply 36
Original post by The Randy Panda
I didn't kill anyone apart from Jack on my second playthrough, but hey, she's a bitch.

Despite having a fully loyal complement, Legion got shot in the head during my first playthrough. So annoying.
Original post by Hylean
Despite having a fully loyal complement, Legion got shot in the head during my first playthrough. So annoying.

haha, I found his voice annoying to be honest. I would have killed him off if I could, stupid geth computer thing.
I didn't kill anyone on my first playthrough, I was well chuffed :u:
Original post by The Randy Panda

I don't really like her either, but I lost Legion and Thane, and I didn't mean to kill them off, since they're pretty cool and I like them.

The other one I lost was Jacob but he volunteered himself for it - it was his own fault he ended up dying, not mine! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest