Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mass Effect Society

Announcements Posted on
Cast your vote for the Game of the Year awards! 20-11-2014
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    She doesn't romance you if you have other partners. Check the wiki if you don't believe me. This includes romances from ME1.
    Wiki states: "Kelly is a potential romance option for both male and female Shepard, though romancing her does not grant the Paramour achievement nor affects any relationship Shepard might have, whether it is with their current squad member or love interest from the first Mass Effect." So, I would assume it's possible to have your cake and eat it and certainly Vekeh has done so.

(Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If I slipped my massive rocket in Miranda's black hole in the main ME2 quest, after having a good old rogering sesh with Liara in ME1, can I win Liara back in the LotSB quest? I tried and tried to woo the swine but the jealous bitch was having none of it. Poor cow, doesn't know what she's missing. What ever happened to the unbreakable bond between an Asari and her mate, anyway? Dirty slut forgot about me pretty quickly, didn't she? Frigiddddd.
    The wiki claims so, but I've yet to play that DLC.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Kelly was such an easy score. Man was she desperate for a bit of the old Johnson Shepherd.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, she would have been had I not fagged about mining planets and **** while my crew were in serious peril. Silly bitch never got to ride Johnson's johnson. What a shame.

I have a question about Lair of the Shadow Broker. I could probably look this up to be fair but dude I want this thread to grow and grow so we can all share some Mass effect love :love:

Spoiler:
    Show
    If I slipped my massive rocket in Miranda's black hole in the main ME2 quest, after having a good old rogering sesh with Liara in ME1, can I win Liara back in the LotSB quest? I tried and tried to woo the swine but the jealous bitch was having none of it. Poor cow, doesn't know what she's missing. What ever happened to the unbreakable bond between an Asari and her mate, anyway? Dirty slut forgot about me pretty quickly, didn't she? Frigiddddd.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think you can, after you complete the mission, you go to her on the shadow broker ship and and invite her to the Normandy for drinks, and then **** happens, joker and EDI record it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Wiki states: "Kelly is a potential romance option for both male and female Shepard, though romancing her does not grant the Paramour achievement nor affects any relationship Shepard might have, whether it is with their current squad member or love interest from the first Mass Effect." So, I would assume it's possible to have your cake and eat it and certainly Vekeh has done so.
    It was a niiiice cake :sexface:

I have noticed, however, that the photograph of Liara on my desk is now facedown, even though I won her back Shadow Brokering. hmph.

In a way, I kind of hope that they don't introduce even more romance options for the third one, 'cause my Shepard's a bit of a slut as it is, and that could lead to some pretty tricky conversations...
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    It was a niiiice cake :sexface:

I have noticed, however, that the photograph of Liara on my desk is now facedown, even though I won her back Shadow Brokering. hmph.

In a way, I kind of hope that they don't introduce even more romance options for the third one, 'cause my Shepard's a bit of a slut as it is, and that could lead to some pretty tricky conversations...
    Hehe, I know the feeling. My Jane hits on anything that moves and just waits to see who accepts her. Then it's just fun to decide. Having Garrus was certainly the more interesting highlight of the game. Makes me sad they didn't have a fmv for the scene in ME2. Having just played through all of ME1, it certainly felt more real than the stupid fadeout they give. Damn people, protesting the scene in the original.

Interestingly, no one really seems to know how the Lair of the Shadow Broker will actually affect the relationship status. It's a hard one, because it would only work with Liara, and thus leave Kaiden or Ashley out in the cold as far as reconciliations go. I'm leaving my main character saved as it were and I'll see what **** goes down between Garrus and Liara whenever I get ME3. Once I've seen that, I'll replay and do everything "right".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

The wiki claims so, but I've yet to play that DLC.
    Vekeh hasn't done so, she broke up with Jack first. OK It was a bad idea to send you to the wiki without reading it but I am certain this is the case as this has been discussed on the Bioware forums. I have also attempted to romance Kelly but because I had a relationship with Liara this was not possible.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    Vekeh hasn't done so, she broke up with Jack first. OK It was a bad idea to send you to the wiki without reading it but I am certain this is the case as this has been discussed on the Bioware forums. I have also attempted to romance Kelly but because I had a relationship with Liara this was not possible.
    My Kelly didn't care about Liara, only Jack :dontknow: It was before I got LotSB though, I dunno if that would change it?

Either way I'll try again on this playthrough. Might try for Morinth though, didn't know I could get with her, she doesn't exactly have a range of speech options..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Makes me sad they didn't have a fmv for the scene in ME2. Having just played through all of ME1, it certainly felt more real than the stupid fadeout they give
    Really? I thought those scenes were terribly cringeworthy, although they weren't quite as bad as the Dragon Age ones, which were an absoloute hoot. The one with the bi guy (as a male character) was ****ing awful/hilarious.

The lighting is nice in the PS3 version, and mining planets doesnt seem quite as painful as before
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    My Kelly didn't care about Liara, only Jack :dontknow: It was before I got LotSB though, I dunno if that would change it?

Either way I'll try again on this playthrough. Might try for Morinth though, didn't know I could get with her, she doesn't exactly have a range of speech options..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Except getting with her kills you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Except getting with her kills you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ha, yeah I figured as much, I just wanna see what happens (if it actually shows you...) I'll save it beforehand

I've got a horrible feeling that my Sheps is gonna die anyways, so I might not even get that far.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I cruise through Omega with my Terminus suit on B)
    Anyway I've sold this game after playing it through 3 times (twice with imported characters), now am anticipating the release of number 3..

..and im salvilating
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why would you sell it?

And I can't stand those suits, anything with a helmet on permanently just seems wrong
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love Mass Effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Mass Effect series are my favourite games ever created. I'd love to go work for Bioware some day. Anyone else finished both the games on Insanity without killing anyone on the second game?

A lot of people play the female Sheppard, I've always played male. I've heard the female Sheppard's voice acting is rather good, might be something to do this weekend.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NS17)
    A lot of people play the female Sheppard, I've always played male. I've heard the female Sheppard's voice acting is rather good
    Yeh it's fantastic, makes the male VO sound ordinary by comparison. It's especially good when playing renegade
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had my parents post me up my Mass Effect disc a few days ago.

Gonna spend the next few days playing through the original, just so I can make all the choices as I would like, and then do another play through of Mass Effect 2.

While I've played both, I've never continued any of my saves from ME1 on ME2.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Had my parents post me up my Mass Effect disc a few days ago.

Gonna spend the next few days playing through the original, just so I can make all the choices as I would like, and then do another play through of Mass Effect 2.

While I've played both, I've never continued any of my saves from ME1 on ME2.
    Why not? You get credit, level and power bonuses for doing so.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why not? You get credit, level and power bonuses for doing so.
    I know, but I uninstalled ME1 ages before ME2 came out and I forgot I had it!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    A more pressing question: Ashley or Miranda? :K:

Miranda, she has an epic arse in that outfit.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    Miranda, she has an epic arse in that outfit.
    Only proper internet role playing geeks will have an opinion on which is the sexier gaming character :fyi:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Miranda every day of the week, phwoar at genetic perfection :sexface:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    how do i do miranda in the game ?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.