Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mass Effect Society

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o Rebecca o)
    I heard shopto are very good.

I was going to pre-order with them but I'm not very familiar with their site. So I stuck with Amazon for ME3.

Are they allowed to deliver games to customers before release date? I know Amazon can't.
    When I preordered Fallout: New Vegas, it arrived the day before release, but could only be activated online at midnight. I'm guessing there may be a similar arrangement with ME3.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    This is the notice they have on their site regarding the release of ME3:

I'm guessing that's due to the fact that once an order is in the hands of the Royal Mail they have no control over when it will be delivered. Thankfully for a lot of people, First Class deliveries tend to arrive next day rather than the day after.

Assuming Amazon are under the same agreement, there's no reason why they couldn't ship theirs today rather than tomorrow. I suppose that's why ShopTo are better than Amazon.
    Nice, maybe I'll use ShopTo next time.

Would be nice to get ME3 tomorrow but I'm out anyway and wouldn't have time to play it.

Friday is ideal as I have no plans for that day...and what would be better than filling that day with ME3?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My copy of ME3 from Amazon is stuck on dispatching soon, which could mean it may be sent out today but I won't hold my breath. I would probably say best bet tomorrow. Signed up for first class delivery so I'll hopefully get it on the day.

Was hoping it would be like when I got Zelda: Skyward Sword the day before it's release from Amazon but I think it'll be different for ME3 since EA seem rather strict about early releases.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gryffprefect)
    My copy of ME3 from Amazon is stuck on dispatching soon, which could mean it may be sent out today but I won't hold my breath. I would probably say best bet tomorrow. Signed up for first class delivery so I'll hopefully get it on the day.

Was hoping it would be like when I got Zelda: Skyward Sword the day before it's release from Amazon but I think it'll be different for ME3 since EA seem rather strict about early releases.
    Weird, mine still says "not yet disptached" instead of "disptaching soon".

Does it matter? I pre-ordered mine on 29th Feb.
    • 160 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just received a despatch email from Asda... "delivery expected: tomorrow" :woo:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Just received a despatch email from Asda... "delivery expected: tomorrow" :woo:
    Beat me to it, was about to post this myself.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just ordered from ShopTo, already packaged, getting sent out today. They even send you a photo of the parcel in the email haha!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    £49.99 on the PlayStation Store. :facepalm2:

And EA can't even use the GAME excuse this time, as they're not even stocking it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Tesco have dispatched too, think they were just as cheap as ASDA at the time. I actually hope it doesn't arrive tomorrow as I'm still finishing off my final ME2 playthrough! Still got Tali's, Samara's, Thane's and Legion's loyalty quests then the rest of the main game to do... aggghhhh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My Amazon order has been dispatched . Never know I could get it tomorrow now
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salad_fingers)
    Just ordered from ShopTo, already packaged, getting sent out today. They even send you a photo of the parcel in the email haha!
    They did that for me when I ordered Skyrim - it's like they're teasing you! I should be getting ME3 tomorrow, CANNOT WAIT. Considering tomorrow is January modules results day, it had better be amazing enough to give me the strength to go on.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toggler)
    They did that for me when I ordered Skyrim - it's like they're teasing you! I should be getting ME3 tomorrow, CANNOT WAIT. Considering tomorrow is January modules results day, it had better be amazing enough to give me the strength to go on.
    They are awesome. I feel you with the results mate. Not looking forward to tomorrow, though I do want to find out how I did.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ShopTo order dispatched this morning.

ME3 tomorrow! :cool:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine's still waiting to be dispatched
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got an email confirming ME3's dispatch from Amazon. Gives me two days to finish ME2 and I've only just done horizon!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    ShopTo order dispatched this morning.

ME3 tomorrow! :cool:
    Same here

I hope my Tshirt arrives too, I'm not going to take it off until I have vanquished the reapers. Damn I am going to smell.

P.S. I love shopto always quick and reliable.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

*sigh*

I'm going to miss this series.

:moon:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whaaat? But Amazon have yet to dispatch mine. And I preordered way back in January!

It still states a delivery estimate on the 9th though. There is hope!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakefish)
    Whaaat? But Amazon have yet to dispatch mine. And I preordered way back in January!

It still states a delivery estimate on the 9th though. There is hope!
    Same here. I pre-ordered in Feb and it's still hasn't dispatched, and I opted for next day delivery too.

They sent me an email to confirm it'll be dispatched tomorrow, but I'm starting to have doubts.

If other people's packages are getting dispatched already, then why hasn't mine?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My copy from Amazon.co.uk got dispatched earlier. Would be sweet if it came tomorrow but I've got a pretty full 2 days until the weekend.

I just hope my housemate is in to receive it as I doubt the N7 edition will fit through the letterbox and that would mean a lame trek to the post office Saturday morning...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: October 11, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.