Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mass Effect Society

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Kant Spall)
    He's a character most gamers can relate to or, perhaps more appropriately, want to relate to. A brilliant scientist that, although can work effectively in a team, prefers to be left alone. Mordin has a quirky charm and gets respected by those who know him but scoffed by most for being misunderstood. You'll probably find that a high percentage of players who romanced Tali will also say that Mordin is one of their favorite characters. Why? They're introverted gamers who seek out characters that somewhat resemble themselves.
    and he sings. awesomely
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Why do you guys like Mordin so much? He died during the suicide mission for me and I felt nothing.
    He's just adorable. Not my favourite character, but still a good one.

Spoiler:
    Show
    He amused me throughout ME2 and I suppose his demise in ME3 is emotional because he is getting closure on the whole genophage thing.. It's just done in a way that tugs on your heartstrings. Who is involved in curing the genophage if he is dead in ME2 btw?

Different strokes for different folks I suppose - I really dislike Ashley (hence she always dies in my saves) and Miranda is pretty "meh" to me.. Bitches with daddy issues :rolleyes:

(Original post by LiveFastDieYoung)
    What were the twitter posts??? I was feeling hopeful but you are making me scared again

PAX in april is when they will announce something, that is when we will know either way. All I want is a damned epilogue. I can swallow the crapness of the ending so long as they explain the state I left the universe in.
    I don't know now - that Twitter account is updated every 2 seconds and the post was yesterday, and the BSN forums are completely swamped, so I can't find it. Changing the endings completely would be too much of a concession and admission of fault, anyway.. It's likely we'll just get what they consider to be "closure", maybe in the form of playable DLC (this is unlikely unless it was planned prior to release, note they keep referring to not compromising their "artistic vision") or in the form of an explanation (extra dialogue, maybe).
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alawhisp)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know, although agreeing with the theory would make me happier, I'm not going to go with it unless Bioware actually state they intended it. For now, I just see it as a theory fans cooked up to make the ending better. Yes, I can see various plot points that seem to point to it.. The dreams, the kid not being noticed by anyone else, the squadmates referring to humming, waking up in rubble etc.. But if they really were going for that ending, it needed to be much more obvious (for loyal players, yes, but especially for new players who wouldn't have enough of the background to the series to understand it). And, if they intended it, I don't see why they have not made a more concrete statement referring to it. I'm just going to take the ****ty ending at face value for now. Stupid crap kid.

And if the theory is true, well, then we don't actually have an ending at all. And that is the part that annoys me the most.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree with everything you've said. The theory does make sense to me, but they should have made it more obvious if this is how the developers intended it to be.

Even with the poor ending, I still love the game. I've finished it twice and I'm starting my third playthrough.

It's difficult to choose a favorite character, because there's a couple that I really like. If I had to choose, I think I'd go for Tali.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Tali didn't really have much of an impact on me either.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Had no issue destroying most of her fellow Quarians..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How could you feel nothing when Tali killed herself?

I understand why some people wouldn't care about taking the the Quarians out. They did attack the Geth first. If I had to choose, I would definitely choose the the Quarians over the Geth. I had enough reputation points to save both sides, though.

Tali. <3
    • 163 followers

(Original post by NathanW18)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How could you feel nothing when Tali killed herself?

I understand why some people wouldn't care about taking the the Quarians out. They did attack the Geth first. If I had to choose, I would definitely choose the the Quarians over the Geth. I had enough reputation points to save both sides, though.

Tali. <3
    Pfft, keep it within your race. No need for human-alien interbreeding. :pierre:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Pfft, keep it within your race. No need to for human-alien interbreeding. :pierre:
    But its okay to go for the gay scene? :pierre:
    • 163 followers

(Original post by chancellorroberts)
    But its okay to go for the gay scene? :pierre:
    I couldn't possibly make a comment except to say I don't swing that way. Female humans 4 lyf. :pierre:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sod that! Imma get meh some blue babiessss!

Creepy black-eyed nookie and biotic lube ftw!!!!!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    If she's good enough for Shepard, she's good enough for me!

I can't resist that accent.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveFastDieYoung)
    -
    Just thought I'd clarify something re: the Twitter thing I said earlier after a bit of BSN browsing - the tweet I was referring to about not changing the endings was taken down pretty quick apparently, and then they backtracked on the statement as someone having "misspoke"

(Original post by G8D)
    Does Jack play any role in the game if she doesn't die in the suicide mission?

NVM, wiki'd it.
    Did you get everyone killed in ME2?

I liked seeing her again, though I did like her in ME2 Was interesting to see how much of an impact you'd had on her.. Everyone else seemed fairly detached from Shep and no different personality-wise (despite the arguably life-changing events of ME2).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

(Original post by G8D)
    Why do you guys like Mordin so much? He died during the suicide mission for me and I felt nothing.
    Because he is the very model of a scientist salarian!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well after many packs without a single N7 rarity item, I just got the Paladin and the Black Widow one after the other.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love this game. Been playing it for 2 days and I'm already liking it much more than Skyrim. I think some of the moral choices laid at your door are brilliant. I'm doing the missions on Tuchanka at the moment and the way this is all unfolding when you get given chances to alter the future or not, cleverly done.

All of this is going to make me hate the ending more and more but for the moment I'm quite happy playing the best game I've had for a long time.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hiya folks!

Okay I've never played any of the Mass Effect games but I saw the trailer for Mass Effect 3 and I was like "and I haven't followed this series..why?".

So come summer time I'll pick up Mass effect 1 and 2 for the PC.

How graphically dated does Mass Effect 1 seem now? (not that graphics is everything, but I do like shiny..). I've heard there are some decent mods you can download to improve textures and polygon counts on faces to help make it look less dated.

Also is it correct that you carry over your save to the later games, or that later games detect the previous game on your PC? I've heard about your choices in ME1 having effects in ME2 and I assume ME2 carries to ME3?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Hiya folks!

Okay I've never played any of the Mass Effect games but I saw the trailer for Mass Effect 3 and I was like "and I haven't followed this series..why?".

So come summer time I'll pick up Mass effect 1 and 2 for the PC.
    A wise choice, on 2 accounts. 1) You will need the extra time in the summer in order to invest yourself in the trilogy and not get distracted from coursework. The lore, the combat system... it's an RPG for crying out loud. 2) Coming from a console player, the PC is superior for Mass Effect. You may not know what this means now, but you can effectively bind powers to keys instead of having to pause the game every 2 seconds as you would on a console. The PC is simply superior for a better gaming experience and this saves site (caution: spoilers) in case you don't want to import your own saves. A word of caution: autosaves are infrequent on ME1 and you should manually save regularly... as in, every 5-10 minutes.

How graphically dated does Mass Effect 1 seem now? (not that graphics is everything, but I do like shiny..). I've heard there are some decent mods you can download to improve textures and polygon counts on faces to help make it look less dated.
    I wouldn't know anything about graphics mods, but Mass Effect mods in general are certainly out there. The graphics themselves are fairly dated, but nothing is excruciatingly painful to look at. The game uses the Unreal 3 Engine and looks on par, or slightly worse than, other games on the same engine (Bioshock, Gears of War, Devil May Cry, Unreal Tournament, etc.)

Also is it correct that you carry over your save to the later games, or that later games detect the previous game on your PC? I've heard about your choices in ME1 having effects in ME2 and I assume ME2 carries to ME3?
    Yes, and this is perhaps the distinguishing aspect of Mass Effect in comparison to other RPGs. Commander Shepard, the protagonist and main character, is your own character. You mold him (or her!) into who you want him to be. Although there are main missions and side missions, what you do in them and whether you do them at all is entirely up to you. Think of Mass Effect as a tool to partake in your own story rather than a story being told to you. If you've never played a BioWare game before, the conversation wheel will be new to you. Essentially, you make choices by interacting with other characters that can lead to anything from killing them to having sex with them. The save file carries over from game to game and leads to options that those who don't import will not have. As mentioned above, you can use the Mass Effect saves site to explore save files that other players have made and possibly see the ramifications of choices you didn't make on your initial playthrough.

Have fun and welcome to the society.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am looking to buy the first mass effect on xbox 360. I do not mind if it is used or new. Most of the prices on the internet i am seeing are about £15. Game and gamestation had them for £6.99 but they are out of stock and i doubt they will get any more stock in. I have seen it for £12.99 on Amazon but says dispatched between 1-3 weeks and don't really want to wait that long.

Does anyone know where i can get the game for a good price?

Thanks
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still no sign of my frigging game. Apparently Zavvi require me to wait 4 ****ing weeks (20 working days) before complaining. This is ridiculous. Am really not impressed.
    • 165 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Still no sign of my frigging game. Apparently Zavvi require me to wait 4 ****ing weeks (20 working days) before complaining. This is ridiculous. Am really not impressed.
    :console: Just buy it again and return Zavvi's copy if/when it arrives; take a refund if it doesn't.

Here's looking good for a price, if they'll deliver to you: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...m=150773118529
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :console: Just buy it again and return Zavvi's copy if/when it arrives; take a refund if it doesn't.

Here's looking good for a price, if they'll deliver to you: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...m=150773118529
    I want my CE though. :huff:
    • 165 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I want my CE though. :huff:
    http://www.gamestop.co.uk/42179_Play...s_Edition.aspx :dontknow:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.