The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
After walking around Heron (similar to Farmfoods but potentially even more downmarket... yeah, I'm street!) I noticed a childhood staple I thought were discontinued...

FINDUS CRISPY PANCAKES!! I instantly bought them, and had them for tea!

Then... utter disappointment. Hardly any filling and nowhere near as tasty as I recall. They were probably forced to remove all the delicious, unhealthy junk they were made with...
Lindt Lindor.

I just don't see what is so great about them.
Original post by galadriel100

Original post by galadriel100
Lindt Lindor.

I just don't see what is so great about them.

Milk Chocolate= meh
White Chocolate= amazing =P

But yeah, the Chinese I had last night. Apparently "Crispy Duck" means "Cremated Duck" =[
Reply 83
Original post by notchip

One word: RANK :frown:

Still ate all 6 though...(not at the same time)

Where did you get them? :smile: Never seen them before... Mr Kipling is usually great, but my friend and I were in Poundland the other day and kept seeing really random, weird-sounding Mr Kipling products that no-one has probably ever heard of XD They should stick to French Fancies and Cherry Bakewells... oh and fruit pies and Angel Slices :smile:
Reply 84
Agreed :biggrin: Even better when you eat them in Australia and the inside is all melted :smile: That was the first time I ate them, and when I came back to England and ate some I got all disappointed because the inside wasn't melted :frown: I hadn't figured out that it had only melted because of the heat..
Original post by xconfetti
Where did you get them? :smile: Never seen them before... Mr Kipling is usually great, but my friend and I were in Poundland the other day and kept seeing really random, weird-sounding Mr Kipling products that no-one has probably ever heard of XD They should stick to French Fancies and Cherry Bakewells... oh and fruit pies and Angel Slices :smile:

Did you find Mr Kipling Trifle Bakewells? Because trust me, they are the absolute tits :sogood:
genitals
Reply 87
Mayo Chicken from McDonald's that for some reason didn't have any mayo in it. Dryer than a nun's...
I got a blueberry muffin from starbucks the other day. I normally love blueberry muffins, but this one was so dry and stale it was inedible. I gave up less than half way through :frown:
Reply 89
Original post by SillyRodent
The beer and pint offer always seems so appealing but there is nothing but sickness and guilt after the burger is consumed.

The beer AND pint offer? hehehe... I know what you really mean bud :p:
I went to this chemistry seminar in Stockholm over the weekend and we had dinner in City Hall, where they have the famous Nobel banquet. So I figured the food would be fantastic. But since I'm vegetarian, all I got was falafel. Sure, it looked fancy but it tasted pretty much like the ones I get for ~£2 outside my school. I don't mind falafel but I bought a brand new dress for the occasion so I was a little dissapointed.
(edited 13 years ago)
i had a black forest cupcake from either costa or starbucks, not tasty.
and this morning in the dining room at work i had a lemon meringue pie yoghurt thing, thinking yummy lemon meringue pie in a pot, but the meringue was soggy, like uncooked meringue texture, but i am not going to complain for 30p, still tasted all right.
friday night i had cheese on toast but when the cheese was melted i accidently put one on top of the other bread cheese bread cheese and had to eat it as a wrong toasted cheese sandwich :frown: i wish i could put things on plates properly.
Original post by snowyowl
I had a curry that was supposedly a Madras at the pub the other day. It was vile :frown: normally curry is one of my favourite foods...

Oh, and:

I was really looking forward to trying one of these when it came out, finally got hold of one and... meh. It's crap. It's just really, really bland. Don't get me wrong, it's chocolatey, but... that's all it tastes of. I couldn't taste the filling at all.

ergh yea, this was a major disappointment:frown:
Dog stew.
Original post by thecdon
The beer AND pint offer? hehehe... I know what you really mean bud :p:

Haha shiit. I laughed a lot at my mate as well the other day when he asked the same thing at the bar and the barmaid just looked at him blankly for about a minute.
Reply 95
Original post by xconfetti

They were in Morrisons around November time. A huge disappointment...they'd never beat a humble cherry bakewell. Like they say, "if it ain't broke..." :rolleyes:
Original post by TheWagstaff

This.

Reply 97
Pizza Huts Calzone pizza.

Was absolutely vile and was burnt.
Reply 98
Left over paneer from Wednesday. My mouth tasted gross all throughout my 2 hour driving lesson :frown:
Reply 99
i had a pack of Disco's crisps. Never again they were so dry

Latest