The Student Room Group

Conditional from University of Leicester

Just got a conditional offer from University of Leicester for BA Management studies.
I don't understand, why in bloody hell did they offer me a place?

I mean, on what basis? The teachers haven't even predicted my IB grades yet. So they have absolutely no idea about my GPA.
All they have is my personal statement and the fact that I am an international student.

My main question here is, did they offer me a place only because of my personal statement? If that is the case, would other similar universities also offer me a conditional place? (Lancaster, city, kings) Mind you, I dont know if it matters or not but leicester has a BA program and the others have a Bsc (kings, lse, lancaster, city)

OR did they offer me just because I am an international student and it would boost their marginal profit rate?
:angry:, I am so pissed at myself right now.
Reply 1
You seem mad about receiving an offer from a university (and a good one at that).

Why would you question it? Did you ever think you should just accept it/be happy when tens of thousands will miss out on university this year?
Reply 2
Original post by don1231915

OR did they offer me just because I am an international student and it would boost their marginal profit rate?

the government subsidizes home students, so they make the same amount of 'profit' regardless of international or home.
Reply 3
Original post by implicity
You seem mad about receiving an offer from a university (and a good one at that).

Why would you question it? Did you ever think you should just accept it/be happy when tens of thousands will miss out on university this year?

I know was gonna get this a lot.
I am not, I am over the moon about the offer. But as I said, I wanted to know the reason behind my offer so I can get an idea of my future offers.
So, without the predicted grades, will universities like lancaster, lse, kings and city offer me a conditional too?

I know leicester is an awesome uni and a lot of deserving people would miss out but if it is a really good uni, why would they base their decision solely on my personal statement and other variables in the application (mostly negligible)
Reply 4
Just got a conditional offer from University of Leicester for BA Management studies.
I don't understand, why in bloody hell did they offer me a place?

I mean, on what basis? The teachers haven't even predicted my IB grades yet. So they have absolutely no idea about my GPA.
All they have is my personal statement and the fact that I am an international student.

My main question here is, did they offer me a place only because of my personal statement? If that is the case, would other similar universities also offer me a conditional place? (Lancaster, city, kings) Mind you, I dont know if it matters or not but leicester has a BA program and the others have a Bsc (kings, lse, lancaster, city)

Let me reiterate on your previous use of the word 'CONDITIONAL'
This doesn't mean that you have been accepted, this means that you will be accepted if and only if you completed all the requirements needed from you.
So if you will be completing the International Baccaleureate you are supposed to have something called Predicted grades given by your teacher, and with those predicted grades, the University will give you a CONDITIONAL offer assuming you get the marks they want you to get
and please don't be whiney about this, if you get accepted, be happy, millions of kids would die to be in your place
Reply 5
Original post by nunu90
Let me reiterate on your previous use of the word 'CONDITIONAL'
This doesn't mean that you have been accepted, this means that you will be accepted if and only if you completed all the requirements needed from you.
So if you will be completing the International Baccaleureate you are supposed to have something called Predicted grades given by your teacher, and with those predicted grades, the University will give you a CONDITIONAL offer assuming you get the marks they want you to get
and please don't be whiney about this, if you get accepted, be happy, millions of kids would die to be in your place

Yes, I am completely aware of the definition of the word conditional.
And I am 100% positive that my teachers haven't predicted my grades yet. The university has an official requirement of 32 points and my final grade last year was about 26 or something. Even if I have been predicted, I dont think it is above 30 points.

As I said, I am really happy about the offer and extremely surprised too.
I have drastically improved this year and I can feel it too. I hope my teachers and universities feel that too.

Thank you for replying
AND again, I am extremely satisfied with the offer by considering how lucky I am to receive one.
Reply 6
Yes, I am completely aware of the definition of the word conditional.
And I am 100% positive that my teachers haven't predicted my grades yet. The university has an official requirement of 32 points and my final grade last year was about 26 or something. Even if I have been predicted, I dont think it is above 30 points.

As I said, I am really happy about the offer and extremely surprised too.
I have drastically improved this year and I can feel it too. I hope my teachers and universities feel that too.

Thank you for replying
AND again, I am extremely satisfied with the offer by considering how lucky I am to receive one.

If you've sent off your application then your school has sent the predicted grades with the application. You can't view your reference and predicted grades because they are attached to the application separately so you should ask your referee to see them if you haven't already.
just got a conditional offer for the ernst and young degree =)
=D
anyone going 4 that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending