The Student Room Group

Girls with painted nails - yay or nay?

Scroll to see replies

guys don't notice painted nails, i doubt whether guys care... you never hear a guy saying "i LOVE that nail polish colour" but i get plenty of girls saying that... i paint my nails for me, because i like being colourful and i'mbpored.
Reply 81
TBH i doubt any guys even notice, I never do.
if she has nice tits and a nice ass, who is looking at her fingernails?
On a slightly unrelated note, do any boys paint their nails then masturbate, and pretend its a woman? Or is this just me.... :wink:

( I am joking btw)
Reply 84
Original post by aspiringwhatever
i don't want to be mean, and i'll probably get some neg rep. But that is what a 10 yr old would do, and it's really tacky.

I am a girl and I think that nails look the best when they are simple and well kept. A nice colour like grey or coral and perfectly manicured nails are nice. anything else is horrible.

I agree, horrible nail art is always ugly. But sometimes I may have stripes on my nails or something but only if the colours are quite similar. And those stripes need to be well done! But unfortunately badly done nail art looks extremely horrible so I try to avoid doing anything like that if I don't have time or a good vision of what I want. It is important to choose right colours or you end up looking cheap and tacky.
(edited 13 years ago)
I know, it's disgusting.

What's worse is when women paint their nails next to you on the bus... only in London :tongue:
Indifferent. It's not like it's other cosmetics or faltering with your looks in any way lol. I paint my naisl when I'm bored or going out but I don't really like false nails.
Reply 87
Original post by loonyplatypus

Rainbow :biggrin:

It's a crappy picture I'm afraid, the colours/glitter are much brighter in real life, and my thumbs are purple so they fill the colour gap between blue and pink :h:

I must say I absolutely love your nails :smile:
Original post by prescilla
I agree, horrible nail art is always ugly. But sometimes I may have stripes on my nails or something but only if the colours are quite similar. And those stripes need to be well done! But unfortunately badly done nail art looks extremely horrible so I try to avoid doing anything like that if I don't have time or a good vision of what I want. It is important to choose right colours or you end up looking cheap and tacky.

Yeh if you know how to do it, it's great and you end up with lovely nails. However if you don't (like me) then don't paint your nails or get a manicure xD I really care about fingers and nails so I get a manicure every 2 weeks, cos I want them really nice. However I really envy people that can paint them well.

And like those nails in the picture are the best example that badly done nail art is fugly
Original post by fletchdd02
Looks nice, toe nails painted are so much better though!

I agree :thumbsup: hate feet already however they look nice with a bit of varnish :biggrin:
Original post by alex0909
I must say I absolutely love your nails :smile:

Original post by Leahcar
:eek: Wow. So cool!

Aww, thank you :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 91
Don't like it 99.9% of the time.
Reply 92

Rainbow :biggrin:

It's a crappy picture I'm afraid, the colours/glitter are much brighter in real life, and my thumbs are purple so they fill the colour gap between blue and pink :h:

Hahaha I reckon I'd like you if I met you. Then I'd probably take the piss about the nails...A LOT! :devil:
Dark painted nails are hot

Others can look sexy too :^_^:

But not chipped, never chipped
Reply 94
i love painted finger nails,sometimes this is a courtesy.I used to like light colors, but now dark colors ,people with white skin are suitable for dark colors.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I think most guys don't tend to notice or care about nail polish, or any type of makeup (unless it looks noticeably terrible, lol).

Wrong. Many guys care about every little detail. Perfection is the goal.
Original post by Tobia_s
Hahaha I reckon I'd like you if I met you. Then I'd probably take the piss about the nails...A LOT! :devil:

:sad: Don't be mean!
seriously :| OVER THINKING! i think thats tsrs biggest problem :|
i paint my nails all the time, stripy, rainbow coloured,
i change them almost weekly, and most people, including guys have complimented them,
x
Reply 98
Aww, thank you :h:

Where do you get all the glittery nail polish!? I've been looking for some for ages but I can only find red and green! lol (although that was awesome for christmas :biggrin:)
Original post by Leahcar
Where do you get all the glittery nail polish!? I've been looking for some for ages but I can only find red and green! lol (although that was awesome for christmas :biggrin:)

Only four of them are glitter polish :smile: The blue and red are Barry M, and the turqoise and one of the purples are from a local shop, I don't know if they're even from a brand. The others are just plainer colours with Barry M Iridescent Glitter over the top, although I have a load more glitter polishes from Barry M that I just didn't use this time :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending