The Student Room Group

AAAHHH!!! Missed my exam!

I was supposed to take an exam this morning but I didn't... :s-smilie:

I've been feeling a bit fluey the past few days but since last night have been feeling LOTS worse (headache, nauseous, general-aching-all-over, you get the picture).

I therefore didnt make it to the exam this morning as I was feeling too damn ill!

I contacted the university and they said I need to send in some form plus a doctors note, and then the exam board decide whether to let me retake the exam as a first or second atempt. If when I take the exam they count it as my second attempt, I will only be able to get a maximum 40% overall on the module, which isnt great.

Does anyone know how likely it is, if I can get a doctors note sorted, that the exam board will let me take the exam in the resit period as my FIRST attempt?
Anyone been in this situation before? I'm really worried about not being able to get higher than 40% as I'm quite confident on this module and feel I would have done well in the exam :frown:

Thanks xx
Reply 1
Original post by Alexananandra
I was supposed to take an exam this morning but I didn't... :s-smilie:

I've been feeling a bit fluey the past few days but since last night have been feeling LOTS worse (headache, nauseous, general-aching-all-over, you get the picture).

I therefore didnt make it to the exam this morning as I was feeling too damn ill!

I contacted the university and they said I need to send in some form plus a doctors note, and then the exam board decide whether to let me retake the exam as a first or second atempt. If when I take the exam they count it as my second attempt, I will only be able to get a maximum 40% overall on the module, which isnt great.

Does anyone know how likely it is, if I can get a doctors note sorted, that the exam board will let me take the exam in the resit period as my FIRST attempt?
Anyone been in this situation before? I'm really worried about not being able to get higher than 40% as I'm quite confident on this module and feel I would have done well in the exam :frown:

Thanks xx

I'm not sure how university exam boards work but I think it will depend on their policy. If you give them the doctor's note and the form required they would be unreasonable not to let you take the exam as a first attempt when you're feeling better. Everyone gets ill after all, we're only human!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending