The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Scroll to see replies

I was allowed up to 6 choices, but i only want to go to SOAS, and i have to be in London so i can support myself. the only other course i would consider is Japanese and Russian, but that's in Leeds and Sheffield. and i want to be in London. so SOAS it is.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
oh okay.. you could have created a few 'back-up' choices in london. even though its not a course you want to go to, it'll still be a secon choice uni, and if you don't get into SOAS you could go there...

but its up to you, good luck on your application.
Exoskeletal
I only applied to SOAS. (politics and japanese)
hope i get in!

Fair enough. I only applied to SOAS last year although i actually used up all my choices rather than simply applying for one. Holding 6 unconditionals gives you quite a nice range to choose from when it comes to decision time.
Reply 23
ive applied to economics and chinese, still havent heard anything though. it seems like a really interesting program, only (minor) downside is its 4 years long.
i did get an offer from edinburgh, though, but maybe thats because i already have my IB grades, i graduated last year.
Magnus.
ive applied to economics and chinese, still havent heard anything though. it seems like a really interesting program, only (minor) downside is its 4 years long.
i did get an offer from edinburgh, though, but maybe thats because i already have my IB grades, i graduated last year.

what were your IB grades?
why? 4 years is good, you get to travel to a foreign country to do work expirience there, it should be fun. (unless, i'm confused and the course itself is 4 years, without 'manditory' travel.)
Reply 25
I've applied to Economics and Politics but still haven't heard anything.
I want an offer !!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
everyone does...
Reply 27
uthinkilltellu
what were your IB grades?
why? 4 years is good, you get to travel to a foreign country to do work expirience there, it should be fun. (unless, i'm confused and the course itself is 4 years, without 'manditory' travel.)

Chinese and Economics is 4 years because all Chinese students (as any other language) spend a year at university in Beijing studying the language. Really for the first 2 years it's almost all about Chinese.

As for offers, last year I got mine early January (economics).
Reply 28
well i'm praying and praying and praying that I get in there. slowly but surely the big guns seem to be letting me go. :frown:
i think soas should accept you.
Reply 30
what are the chances for me in getting an offer for law with chinese lang...\

my predicted grades are AAB, AS-ABBC,gcses -2a 5b 2c(****)
Reply 31
Development studies and Politics,
not heard anything yet either!
japanese and economics, haven't heard anything.
listen. according to some students at SOAS they start giving out offers around x-mas time. so either you'll have a good x-mas present or a bad one.
Reply 34
let me rephrase that - the 4 year thing is great... except for the extra loans i need to take! (im an overseas student). i'd love to live in beijing, its one of my favorite cities... ( does anyone know if everyone goes to beijing normal university for their second year? )
i got 42 on my ib, which is higher than their minimum requirements, but according to the other soas thread ( http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t172418.html ), the places in both economics and chinese are pretty competitive.
Reply 35
Hey.....what are the chances for me in getting an offer for law with chinese lang...\

my predicted grades are AAB, AS-ABBC,gcses -2a 5b 2c(****)
depending on the competition this year. i think the standard offer is AAA(i think), but if the competition is low and your personal statement is exceptional then you'll get in. what did you get in AS?
Reply 37
I got an offer for LAW M100. It 360 points but im quite enstranged because im predicted ABB... anyone else know anyone or is anyone in the same position?
Reply 38
Congrats, star! You must be from one of the first batch they accepted as far as law is concerned...wow
Reply 39
Chi-sama
Congrats, star! You must be from one of the first batch they accepted as far as law is concerned...wow

Im really surprised though, i cnt believe it - im predicted only ABB, i find it strange, like whats going on!!!??

Latest

Trending

Trending