The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Strong personal statement? Really good reference? Who cares... they want you! :biggrin:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 41
Chi-sama
Strong personal statement? Really good reference? Who cares... they want you! :biggrin:

Yeh maybe, but somehow i feel that something is wrong, i dnt even think im gna get 3 AAA's!!!! im gna ring them and ask wat they mean by 360 points (i.e aaa OR inclusive of other things) did u apply to SOAS?
Reply 42
Yeah probably best to ring them up just to double check. I'm applying for Law LLB at SOAS... still waiting though. It's good to hear that at least someone is getting an offer.
Reply 43
Chi-sama
Yeah probably best to ring them up just to double check. I'm applying for Law LLB at SOAS... still waiting though. It's good to hear that at least someone is getting an offer.

Yeh i suppose, but its totally taken me off guard. I duno how or why i got an offer from soas, was expecting a rejection.
Reply 44
well... legally speaking, they can't withdraw their offer from ucas, can they?
Reply 45
Chi-sama
well... legally speaking, they can't withdraw their offer from ucas, can they?

They can't lol. I think i jus may be being stupid, duno if i wana go there tho, i thought i myt go to qmul, initially.
Reply 46
Yeah...Queen M is also one of my choices. SOAS is always high on the league tables though. I guess it depends on what kind of law/career you plan in the future.
Reply 47
Chi-sama
Yeah...Queen M is also one of my choices. SOAS is always high on the league tables though. I guess it depends on what kind of law/career you plan in the future.

Yeh, some ppl change their minds when they start a law degree...i think we're taking up the space on this msg board lol. But anyway, some ppl even say that the league tables are inaccurate
Reply 48
Hey, congrats!!!

I'm still waiting to hear about History...

azs*
yeah. you must be really good. waiting for that econ. with dev. studies.
Reply 50
i really wanna go soas.
Reply 51
Really... im not all that good
Reply 52
crapppppp

i got my PSAT scores back today(practice SAT) and it says that my predicted grades are:
critical reading: 480-660
maths: 440-640
writing skills: 450-660

and SOAS minimum's are 600 in each so i'l going to have to work reallllyyyyyy hard to get a good grade in those.
what are SATs are all about? are they like a-levels?

also, why you all want to go to SOAS (not dissing it but, i want reasons)
Reply 54
SAT's are about how good you are at taking tests(it's the stupidest thing in the whole entire world, i know, it's not about how much you know, it's retarded) so they aren't like A-levels because they're all just trick questions.

i want to go to SOAS because
1.) Best place to study Chinese
2.) I like the focus that Economics has there, plus the idea of the floater i can take in IR
3.) it's...uh...London duhhhh haha
4.) Diversity at the school. i think that it's really cool. :biggrin:
Reply 55
uthinkilltellu
what are SATs are all about? are they like a-levels?

also, why you all want to go to SOAS (not dissing it but, i want reasons)

SAT is a standard test that covers most subjects you've learned in high school...english, math, science, etc. It is comprehensive, unlike A-levels and your results are based on what other people who took it during the same time as you made on the exam. It's a percentile thing... 90 percentile or above= very good. 10 percentile= dumba**

I want to go to SOAS because I really like the international setting and quality of education they provide.
Reply 56
Chi-sama
SAT is a standard test that covers most subjects you've learned in high school...english, math, science, etc. It is comprehensive, unlike A-levels and your results are based on what other people who took it during the same time as you made on the exam. It's a percentile thing... 90 percentile or above= very good. 10 percentile= dumba**

I want to go to SOAS because I really like the international setting and quality of education they provide.
hahaha, i got 72%!! oh god!! haha :eek:
Reply 57
uthinkilltellu
depending on the competition this year. i think the standard offer is AAA(i think), but if the competition is low and your personal statement is exceptional then you'll get in. what did you get in AS?

hmm.. i have no idea what i got in A's.. but 42 is pretty high (its 42/45), they say their minimum is 30. in retrospect my personal statement seems crap, i think i should have written more specifically about my academic interests and less about my volunteer work, but hey, ive yet to hear from them so ill see what they think... i really really want soas to answer soon!
cool. now you've got me all interested. what type of questions are they? give me so tasters...

ps. i hate A-levels, they are pointless. only designed to make money for exam boards.
Reply 59
y0. I just got my offers from SOAS.

University: The School of Oriental and African Studies
Course: V100 History
Offer conditions: 280 UCAS points
When you applied: 1st November 2005
If you're thinking of accepting: No

University: The School of Oriental and African Studies
Course: VV16 The Study of Religion and History
Offer conditions: 280 UCAS points
When you applied: 1st November 2005
If you're thinking of accepting: Yes. Yes I am.

Anyone else heard anything?

Latest

Trending

Trending