The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I'm in. 260 points, which translates as CCDE to me (doing 4 A-levels). Really rather happy. Nepali and Linguistics, by the way.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 81
well done! thats a great offer.
:biggrin:
Reply 82
BovineBeast
Yes, I'm in. 260 points, which translates as CCDE to me (doing 4 A-levels). Really rather happy. Nepali and Linguistics, by the way.

I thought SOAS gave out offers based on performance from 3 A levels. :confused:
banksy
I thought SOAS gave out offers based on performance from 3 A levels. :confused:

I don't know, but they offered me 260 points - 'including from 3 A-levels', which I assume means not limited to it.
congratulations!
Reply 85
Yay! Offer!
320 points (excluding general studies :redface: ) to do politics and development studies.
Dunno if thats do-able but il try!
Reply 86
I got an offer too!! :biggrin:

320 points for Politics

PS: do SOAS normally give offers out this late? (last uni to hear from, sent app in oct)
haha i also got an offer - 36 points conditional. Totally above their requirements, and to be honest i really dont think they deserve it. But then i really like the school - only thing holding me back is their facilities as they look a little run down.
Reply 88
Congrats to all those with offers!
oh thank god, I GOT AN OFFER! ! ! ! :biggrin:

320 points for politics and japanese.

i'm predicted straight A's so that's ok :smile:

i knew it'd come on a wednesday, it's my lucky day.
Reply 90
LOST22
I got an offer too!! :biggrin:

320 points for Politics

PS: do SOAS normally give offers out this late? (last uni to hear from, sent app in oct)

Politics offer?!!!! :eek:
What about meeeeee....
Damn i hate waiting for an offer. It's funny, i go there every Saturday, I'm pretty familiar with the place, and i walk by the admissions office every week, just waiting. It's been ages now!!!!
Reply 92
Offer Politics and History

Unconditional (AAAA and 2 AEA)

Goin to LSE still, but SOAS is great!!
Reply 93
LOST22

You know, I've sent mine in September and so far I've only heard from two universities. But maybe that's because I'm an international... But I need to hear from SOAS asap!!
Reply 94
'grats everyone who has an offer.

Mine must be in the post to arrive next wednesday :rolleyes:
Reply 95
I just got an offer for Japanese as well :smile: Only just checked UCAS now, so i'll probly find out how many points I need on Monday i'm guessing. I' m defering entry until 2007, anybody else doing this and taking a gap year?

Edit: Just realised I'm a bit daft and that UCAS track tells you your conditions, it's 280 Point, or BBC, quite chuffed with that tbh :smile:
yeah - i defered entry till 2007 as well, but i got my offer for politics instead of japanese. What are you planning on doing during your gap year?
Reply 97
If all goes well I'll be going to Japan for 6 months starting in September (I have an interview for the placement on Wednesday), then after that the whole Australia/NZ thing for a bit and South America, overlanding from Buenos Aires to Lima via Patagonia (to visit the old welsh settlements there and the Torres del Paine National Park). The whole South America bit should take about 3 months the way we've planned it - we're gonna try and end up in Lima by independence day for a big party to end the trip :smile: If I get in the Japan bit is sorted, South America's not too bad, but the middle bit is a bit sketchy tbh - should be good though! And got a while yet to plan it, so hey :smile:

See you in 2007 I guess :smile: Have you been/are you going to an open day?
there are WELSH settlements in Patagonia?

wow, now there's something I didn't know...

I went to an open day in March 2005. pretty impressed by soas, nice atmosphere etc. and the dinwiddy halls are nice.

EDIT: my mum just told me welsh is a living language in patagonia. how bizarre. :biggrin:
Reply 99
**noooni**
Politics offer?!!!! :eek:
What about meeeeee....

I'm still waiting for mine too so don't feel too bad. I already have my grades so I'm a bit annoyed they're taking this long when I want to start replying to Unis.

Latest

Trending

Trending