The Student Room Group

My A-Level Choices (answers and advice needed please)

Hi, i just came back from an college interview (Richmond Upon Thames College) and have been offered a place there in september to study the following:
~ English Literature
~ Classical Civilisation
~ Geography
~ Maths

I initially planned to study R.E instead of Maths, however the man that interviewed me was adament that i should study Maths instead.

My Questions are:
1) What degree could i do with this Alevel combination?
2) How hard is Alevel maths, because i am currently on a B (few marks away from an A) and aiming for an A* in June.
3) If anyone has heard of or attened Richmond Upon Thames College, could you please tell me what it is like as i don't think any of my friends will go there and i live out of the Richmond Borough.

Reply 1
You should really base your choices on what degree you want to do not the other way round... what do you enjoy doing and what career do you want? With those as a set you could do History, Law, Geography, English, it would be something along those lines.

Maths is quite hard at A-level but it depends on the person, if you want to do History/Geography/Law then R.S. would probably be more beneficial to be honest, especially if you hate Maths...

Quick Reply

Latest