The Student Room Group

Your favourite free gift you got with a food product!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Dahut
I surprised no one's mentioned kinder eggs yet! The chocolate was so bad though, I always felt cheated when the toy was in one piece and there was nothing to put together! :frown:

I already mentioned classic Teeny Terrapins :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by foxes-are-ginger

/thread

It is just the perfect size for my cereal needs! <3
Original post by rachlala14
The PRINGLES BOX!!!
Ahhh back in the good old 90s...they obviously thought that having non-crushed Pringles was a necessity.
Reminds me of that weird, slightly rude looking, plastic casing for bananas :L so random.

They gave those away free? Can you believe they sell them for £5 at John Lewis? :eek:
Original post by foxes-are-ginger

/thread

I have one of those. :smile:
Ditto to this.
Reply 64
There was a recent promotion for cereal bowls with Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and Kellogg's cornflakes; I have about four free bowls now :biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by PinkFriday
I have one of those. :smile:
Ditto to this.

ROFL! I have that bowl, I swear I got it from the 2002 World Cup!

I still use it daily and I always will :colonhash:
Original post by TotoMimo
Do you remember those freaking AWESOME Happy Meals when the girls got the mini-Barbies... but the boys got Hot Wheels ATTACK PACK!! (monster trucks that had chomping mouths etc - SO AWESOME!)

I remember getting one of those. I had to have extremely short hair because I overheated too easily if it was long and so the server just assumed I was a boy. :lol:
Reply 67
I ran out of rep on the first page :frown:

I remember and still love every single thing that's been mentioned! I miss the 90s!!
Original post by TheSownRose
I remember getting one of those. I had to have extremely short hair because I overheated too easily if it was long and so the server just assumed I was a boy. :lol:

Haha. I got given the Barbie one and was really disappointed so I asked for the Hot Wheels one as I was a total boy back then. :P

I also have one of those football Kellogg's bowls which I use daily! - love this thread, so many memories.
Original post by Maybe Tomorrow
Haha. I got given the Barbie one and was really disappointed so I asked for the Hot Wheels one as I was a total boy back then. :P

I also have one of those football Kellogg's bowls which I use daily! - love this thread, so many memories.

Oh, speaking of bowls...

I remember a bowl shaped like a dinosaur that came from ice cream (can't remember which ice cream. :colondollar:)
The gromit mug (wallace and gromit) with the nose that changed colour when you put hot water etc in him. Think it was from some brand of teabags, I still have mine somewhere.
Who remembers when the world cup was out like in 2002 or something and we all collect the football toy thingy.. I remember the song
Foot ball crazy football men something something something we're the best team in the land!

Not that England actually won or anything.
Reply 72
I remeber 5/ 10 pound notes that could be found in walkers crisps. Also, the plastic robot spoon things that were in cereals when jimmy neutron was in the cinemas, and the childrens book, and the cd's such as Horrible Henry.... takes me back to the days :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Who remembers when the world cup was out like in 2002 or something and we all collect the football toy thingy.. I remember the song
Foot ball crazy football men something something something we're the best team in the land!

Not that England actually won or anything.

"Football crazy, chocolate mad,
grab a Power Pod (tm) and play football with the lads"

Which reminds me of Yowies, which came with a little plastic animal in each one. Much better than Power Pods, I never figured out why the plastic footballers heads were so huge compared to their bodies.
Reply 74
Does anyone remember the Rice Krispies/Frosties/Ricicles/Cornflakes free spoons that changed colours when you immersed them in milk? I LOVED those!!

Reply 75
The roald Dahl books that came free with cereal, everyone always gave them to me :smile:
Original post by TotoMimo
Oh hey, speaking of Walkers Crisps and their free gifts, did anyone ever "Find a tenner" in their bag when they were running that promotion? I never did, and I recall in school one of my friends got a £20 note randomly whilst eating lunch... he wasn't even aware of the promotion but was obviously damned happy when he pulled out a wee bag like the salt packet in "Salt n' Shake" (like this):

But instead of salt, inside was a folded-up twenty-shout! WELL jealous...

At my school we were really mean to each other and used to take the salt packs out of "Salt and shakes" and stick the bag in someone's walkers crisps while they weren't looking! They'd get all excited and think they had won something...and then opened it and got salt all over their crisps:-P

Also anyone else remember those UFO yogurts than had a free toy in the middle? A bit like the kinder ones but spaced themed. they were cool!
Reply 77
Original post by Ellsbells3032
At my school we were really mean to each other and used to take the salt packs out of "Salt and shakes" and stick the bag in someone's walkers crisps while they weren't looking! They'd get all excited and think they had won something...and then opened it and got salt all over their crisps:-P

Also anyone else remember those UFO yogurts than had a free toy in the middle? A bit like the kinder ones but spaced themed. they were cool!

I think it was called a Froo Froo or something? Mine always came with those rubber things you turn inside out then they pop up and everyone runs away screaming.
Reply 78
diarrhea
Reply 79
mini roll safe
Wheetos trolls
McDonalds Hotwheels cars - I used to go in ask for a boys meal because the cars were way better than the barbies.
CDs with games on from Nestle cereals
And of course the PG tips monkeys, hats teatowels ect. It's a good job my parents drink a lot of tea, and I have a younger brother who always makes my mum buy things with cool free gifts.

Quick Reply

Latest