The Student Room Group

Tights or no tights?

i am going to a party and i was wondering if i should wear tights with a black one shoulder dress a bit like this one.

http://images2.lynku.com/products150/350/35027293.jpg

would tights be ok? if so what type of tights wool or opaque ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think no tights but if you do, defo not wool! Maybe sheer ones/nude ones?
Wear light tights, perhaps nude ones with a light pattern?
Reply 3
Certainly wear tights! Too much skin is not classy.
Reply 4
No tights would look better I think
Reply 5
I think no tights - or nude ones. You won't be showing too much skin anyway, it's not a slutty dress :confused:
No tights or just nude ones, black tights with a plain black dress would look odd :smile:
I wouldn't wear tights with it

but if I was going to go with tights I'd wear sheer tights as they'd look ok though don't see the point in nude tights, might as well not be wearing any.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
No Tights.

From a male I think that the dress is long enough anyway so you wouldn't come across wrongly.

Its nice to actually see girls still wearing things that make them look classy :biggrin:
Reply 9
I prefer wearing tights as it is rather cold outside. i just always feel more comfortable and i do not like the nude ones much.
Reply 10
I hate nude tights personally, if it's cold wear tights. Pretty Polly do some Nylons that are sort of sheer black tights, they are lovely.
no tights would be good but if cold out nude tights would be a good option either just plain ones or ones with a bit of a pattern on but not too patterned, or if prefer wearing stocking again wear nude colour ones
Tights always look better than flabby, white legs mottled with the cold. Either black or nude sheers is the way to go.

Bare legs, except with dresses in the summer or with shorts on a beach, just look chavvy. And even then they should be hair-free, tanned and toned.
if you were to wear tights, wear 15 or 20 denier black tights or the tights with patterns down the back of the leg.
Reply 14
Original post by sassy123
i am going to a party and i was wondering if i should wear tights with a black one shoulder dress a bit like this one.

http://images2.lynku.com/products150/350/35027293.jpg

would tights be ok? if so what type of tights wool or opaque ?

sheer black. you could prob do something cool w/ a sheer purple if you have a nice purple belt you could put around it but you have to be kind of edgy to pull it off and it depends on the event.
Reply 15
It'd look better with no tights, but no tights looks slutty in the winter. Nude tights are ugly, don't wear those. I'd probably go for like 10 denier black tights.
I feel as though i've failed as a female. I have absolutely no idea what 10/20/whatever denier tights are nor 'sheer black' tights.
But anyway, i'd say wear black tights, unless you have bloody amazing legs and even then it's cold out and goose pimples aren't a good look.
Reply 17
I think no tights
Reply 18
black pantyhose would look classy.
No tights, but if you were going to wear tights sheer ones would be best.

Quick Reply

Latest