The Student Room Group

Really confused as to what funding actually eligible for..

Hey, I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who hasn't got access to internet right now.

Thing is she's just started her final year of a Mental Health Nursing course (January starter) and she's moved over to degree from diploma. Still have trouble getting her loan stuff in and has no idea what she is actually eligible for.

All we know so far is that she get's a maintenance loan (which is cut down cos she lives at home) but other than that what specifically do you get? For example i get a maintenance loan and maintenance grant (based on parents income), will she also be eligible for the maintenance grant? Surely it's not just the maintenance loan she'd get to live off right?

For anyone who can give us a bit more info, would really appreciate it. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Surely she'd be able to get a means-tested NHS bursary?
Original post by NB90
Hey, I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who hasn't got access to internet right now.

Thing is she's just started her final year of a Mental Health Nursing course (January starter) and she's moved over to degree from diploma. Still have trouble getting her loan stuff in and has no idea what she is actually eligible for.

All we know so far is that she get's a maintenance loan (which is cut down cos she lives at home) but other than that what specifically do you get? For example i get a maintenance loan and maintenance grant (based on parents income), will she also be eligible for the maintenance grant? Surely it's not just the maintenance loan she'd get to live off right?

For anyone who can give us a bit more info, would really appreciate it. Thanks :smile:

She isn't eligible for the maintenance grant, but she can apply for a means tested NHS bursary.

Quick Reply

Latest