The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Civ is ****e. I'll lend you my copy if you want, Bot. I bought it, hate it.
When you say lend, you mean give away? I might just download it first tbh and see if I enjoy it.
Reply 22
Give away is fine by me. I'm never going to play it.
If it's as bad as you say, you'll get it back soon enough :colonhash:

From the looks of it, it seems quite good. I still play Rise of Nations so I need to get with the times and be cool :cyber:
Reply 24
Original post by Colbert

Original post by Colbert

From the looks of it, it seems quite good. I still play Rise of Nations so I need to get with the times and be cool :cyber:

Just my opinion on it, I know plenty who love it :dontknow:

I shall give you it a week on Saturday :sexface: I'll give you Civ too :sexface:
Original post by R-KAM
Just my opinion on it, I know plenty who love it :dontknow:

I shall give you it a week on Saturday :sexface: I'll give you Civ too :sexface:

FFS :colonhash:

On topic, can't be bothered to load up my game as I am homesick for Chesterfield ffs. Charlton can gtfo :emo:
I always find that. I start a new team and I'm like... "ok, so where are my old players? I want to play them not these". Been wanting to try Ajax but I can't get over the first few weeks. I just want to sell everybody!
Reply 27
Original post by Colbert

Off-topic, but if you're interested in a similar type of game. Try the Total War series, they are EPIC (And I don't mean this in the usual cliched way). A new one is coming out in March, but I'd definitely recommend Rome and Medieval 2. Empire wasn't to my taste but you may like it too.

Back on topic: Are youth players with low determination (say below 10) worth buying? I know tutoring can push these things up but would they still be a worthy investment?
Reply 28
Grr, the AI is so stupid sometimes :mad: Just got a free kick on the left-hand side of the box. Instead of hitting the ball into the area where all my players were begging to head it into the net, Fleck passed the ball to the opposition player outside the box who then wisely lobbed the ball as far upfield as he could. A perfect opportunity to go in front, and the incompetent **** throws it away. Considering we're struggling through games at the minute as it is, I really don't need this crap.
Original post by zxh800
Off-topic, but if you're interested in a similar type of game. Try the Total War series, they are EPIC (And I don't mean this in the usual cliched way). A new one is coming out in March, but I'd definitely recommend Rome and Medieval 2. Empire wasn't to my taste but you may like it too.

I played the original Medieval Total War and loved it, but Rome was rubbish. I preferred the simplicity of Medieval tbh, could never get my head around the maps on Rome. Perhaps it's worth finding the box and having another crack at it :top:
Reply 30
Original post by Colbert
I played the original Medieval Total War and loved it, but Rome was rubbish. I preferred the simplicity of Medieval tbh, could never get my head around the maps on Rome. Perhaps it's worth finding the box and having another crack at it :top:

Is there a total war society? I wonder, I'd love to carry on the discussion there. Rome was the first I played which really got me into the genre. Never played the original medieval myself. After the latest one, It would be awesome if they revisted Rome. The time period is too cool.

On a side note, must warn that the series gets more complicated as it progresses with new features. But, IMO it doesn't detract from the experience.
Reply 31
I also loved the Total War series, with Rome being my favourite. I don't know why but I just couldn't get into Medieval 2 :frown:! It was annoying when you got far enough to start taking over the eastern nations and they were tooo strong/rich to defeat.

On topic: I absolutely smashed Leverkusen and Rubin in the Euro Cup! 7-1 on aggregate for both games. Currently lying 1st in the EPL too! Bilinha, possibly my best midfielder, keeps getting injured for first, 5 months and now 3 months! Right pain in the ass, luckily I have cover but it is still iritating.
Reply 32
The last thread was closed in a fit of swearing and petulance by Dali, and this one has become a strategy game discussion thread. You're all ****, put me in charge :pierre: :colondollar:

Man Utd have crumbled and i'm nine points clear with 12 games to go :woohoo:

Going to Old Trafford next game, avoid defeat and the league should be mine. My eyes are being turned to more trophies, a Champions League win with Spurs? :sexface:
Reply 33
Anyone had any luck signing Lacina Traore? Seems like a very good player but I can't get a work permit.
Someone, on one of the last few pages of the last thread, said that Defoe was terrible.

What formation are you playing? Honestly I had him as the STCL, playing Poacher next to a bigger Advanced Forward at STCR. It was a 4-4-2 Formation, but with the left and right mids (Bale and Lennon respectively) pushed forward into AML/R's) and he was an absolute monster - he scored more goals than he played games and that was for around 3/4 of the season.
Reply 35
Original post by Troubled_Student
Someone, on one of the last few pages of the last thread, said that Defoe was terrible.

What formation are you playing? Honestly I had him as the STCL, playing Poacher next to a bigger Advanced Forward at STCR. It was a 4-4-2 Formation, but with the left and right mids (Bale and Lennon respectively) pushed forward into AML/R's) and he was an absolute monster - he scored more goals than he played games and that was for around 3/4 of the season.

That was me. I'm playing him up front on his own in a 4-2-3-1, so he's just infront of an AMR, AMC and AML. I just leave him on advanced forward. I'm in February, he's started 10 and came off the bench 12 times for a total of 1 goal. At an average rating of 6.69. To be fair to him none of my strikers have been brilliant, Pav's getting a goal every other game and Carroll a goal every 3, but Defoe has just been terrible.

I could go to a 4-4-2 but that would involve dropping VDV who has 17 goals in 30 games. Besides it's working, i've got a 9 point lead with 11 games to go. Defoe just doesn't fit into my system, i'll probably let him go in the summer.
Try him as a Poacher up there on his own, might increase his chances or something. Other than that sell him :smile:

Playing a 4-2-3-1 with Arsenal, Kakuta (loan) and Funes Mori (now first choice due to RVP being injured) are on fire, amazing.
Lost my first game of the season, and now not lost since, it's now half-way through October.
Olic still raping it. Musacchio has been a colossus. Messi still off colour. I think playing him as AM isn't doing him any good but I can't put him anywhere else. Got Real ****ing Madrid in the CL quarters. Just so happens the second leg is away, just after my away league game against them :nothing: but after drawing 1-1 against Bayern in the second round I went on to destroy them 6-0 at home :yeah:
dnumberwang, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
When I try to go on the group page.

My old save got corrupted and I'll start a new one when the january update comes out
Reply 39
Oh dear, penalty shootouts are awful on this game. I just went out 5-4 to Chelsea and got through 9 penalties. Scored the first three and then only scored one more after that in 6 attempts. It must make it near impossible for players with a low pen taking attribute to score, they weren't even getting them on target most of the time.

Also, John Terry had a penalty to win it for them and hit the post :rofl:

The other one :teehee:

Latest