The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rooney out with a broken foot for 4 months (mid Nov through to mid March) :argh: Really could do without that and he's level with Sir Bobby Charlton as the clubs highest top scorer. :facepalm2:
Only took me 10 games to get sacked by PSG :facepalm:

Just never got the formation right I think.
And now Danny Welbeck out for 3 to 4 months....

Spoiler

Reply 5363
Original post by Zerforax
Terrible start to the season, 2 points from 5 games :facepalm:

I've always favoured a 4-2-3-1 but does it work well on FM12?

I favoured that with PSG, but for some reason it doesn't work well on 12. I never got a string of results going >_>. My mate won everything in the first 2 years with his PSG, Ligue 1, CL, Europa, Coupe de Liege, everything! He won the CL for 3 years straight and the French league for 5 -.-. WITH the exact same formation!
Original post by iRush
I favoured that with PSG, but for some reason it doesn't work well on 12. I never got a string of results going >_>. My mate won everything in the first 2 years with his PSG, Ligue 1, CL, Europa, Coupe de Liege, everything! He won the CL for 3 years straight and the French league for 5 -.-. WITH the exact same formation!

I wonder if he played it slightly different.

Mine is 4 back line as usual, 2 midfield who are across the middle (ie not in DM position) and then the attacking 3 in the space in front.

When watching my games, looked like my attacking 4 players didn't bother to drop back to defend or cover attacking wingers/fullbacks and as soon as they bypassed my midfield, there was a big gap between midfield and a very exposed defence.
I was playing football manager many years ago. What I like was the option to edit players and clubs. It was very funny! I was able to create own players in a club with their strengths and weaknesses. I have planned many players for many clubs around the world. I was making thoughts to edit characters and profiles to every player who I want create. However I had not the persistence and time to finish my work. It came to nothing. Unfortunately!
Reply 5366
I wonder if he played it slightly different.

Mine is 4 back line as usual, 2 midfield who are across the middle (ie not in DM position) and then the attacking 3 in the space in front.

When watching my games, looked like my attacking 4 players didn't bother to drop back to defend or cover attacking wingers/fullbacks and as soon as they bypassed my midfield, there was a big gap between midfield and a very exposed defence.

I'll ask him later on again but he basically played the 4-2-3-1 we all play as the CM's are not in the DM positions. Yeah, it does seem like Menez and Co, seem to be too lazy to drop and help out defending. I played PSG at the end of FM11 and played with 2 DM's, still didn't work out too well even though I won the Coupe De Ligue :tongue:. Who do you play in the 2 CM positions? I played Cissoko and Matuidi just to get some steel in midfield otherwise it was Chantome and Matuidi.
Original post by iRush
I'll ask him later on again but he basically played the 4-2-3-1 we all play as the CM's are not in the DM positions. Yeah, it does seem like Menez and Co, seem to be too lazy to drop and help out defending. I played PSG at the end of FM11 and played with 2 DM's, still didn't work out too well even though I won the Coupe De Ligue :tongue:. Who do you play in the 2 CM positions? I played Cissoko and Matuidi just to get some steel in midfield otherwise it was Chantome and Matuidi.

Sissoko was injured so mainly it was Matuidi and I had bought in Guti on the cheap and Montolivo (who was expensive) to play the passing role with Pastore obviously in front.

If you play with a deep line, is that you defence dropping deeper or your entire team playing further down the pitch? Maybe that was the difference? :s-smilie:

Not sure who to try now after that failed attempt.. Maybe I'll go back to playing with Liverpool :colondollar:
Reply 5368
Sissoko was injured so mainly it was Matuidi and I had bought in Guti on the cheap and Montolivo (who was expensive) to play the passing role with Pastore obviously in front.

If you play with a deep line, is that you defence dropping deeper or your entire team playing further down the pitch? Maybe that was the difference? :s-smilie:

Not sure who to try now after that failed attempt.. Maybe I'll go back to playing with Liverpool :colondollar:

Oh I remember buying Fernandinho as the extra CM for about £12 million, all he did was blaze shots over the bar at any given chance even after telling him to stop lol. Montolivo is a beast though.

I think it's the entire team but mainly the defense but oh well. I have no clue who to play, want something new, I might go Basel after their heroics against Bayern lol or Burussia Dortmund :tongue:
Original post by iRush
Oh I remember buying Fernandinho as the extra CM for about £12 million, all he did was blaze shots over the bar at any given chance even after telling him to stop lol. Montolivo is a beast though.

I think it's the entire team but mainly the defense but oh well. I have no clue who to play, want something new, I might go Basel after their heroics against Bayern lol or Burussia Dortmund :tongue:

Well Montolivo was actually one of the worst in the team. An average just under 6.00 after 14 games :facepalm:

I think it's quite hard to motivate the players as they see themselves as better than PSG? Might give PSG another go and play 4-4-2 and re-train Pastore as a CM :colondollar:
Reply 5370
Well Montolivo was actually one of the worst in the team. An average just under 6.00 after 14 games :facepalm:

I think it's quite hard to motivate the players as they see themselves as better than PSG? Might give PSG another go and play 4-4-2 and re-train Pastore as a CM :colondollar:

:facepalm: There are certain players I always want to buy but im either a team too good for them or a team that would be perfect but they feel better off in their own team or they're just damn expensive and Montolivo and Kallstrom are those 2 players lol. You could try a 4-4-2 but Hoarou and Erdinc aren't the best. You could go out and buy Kallstrom from Lyon, they accepted a 13 - 14 million offer but he signed a new contract instead -.-. Actually, I might just try that as well xD. Let me know how your 4-4-2 goes and ill let you know my one when I start it tonight lol.
Original post by iRush
:facepalm: There are certain players I always want to buy but im either a team too good for them or a team that would be perfect but they feel better off in their own team or they're just damn expensive and Montolivo and Kallstrom are those 2 players lol. You could try a 4-4-2 but Hoarou and Erdinc aren't the best. You could go out and buy Kallstrom from Lyon, they accepted a 13 - 14 million offer but he signed a new contract instead -.-. Actually, I might just try that as well xD. Let me know how your 4-4-2 goes and ill let you know my one when I start it tonight lol.

Was surprised with how leaky Lugano and Sakho were too. I bought in Maxwell and Snra for the fullback positions but was still conceding. Maybe to do with how exposed the defence was.

Yes the strikers are shocking bad, they missed some insanely easy chances. In that case, maybe I won't buy any midfield players, buy one winger, get in new fullbacks and then 2 new strikers. I bet it takes time for the new team to gel too. Might play a very defensive, possession retaining, counter attacking game.. until the team gels and then revamp the following summer.
Reply 5372
Was surprised with how leaky Lugano and Sakho were too. I bought in Maxwell and Snra for the fullback positions but was still conceding. Maybe to do with how exposed the defence was.

Yes the strikers are shocking bad, they missed some insanely easy chances. In that case, maybe I won't buy any midfield players, buy one winger, get in new fullbacks and then 2 new strikers. I bet it takes time for the new team to gel too. Might play a very defensive, possession retaining, counter attacking game.. until the team gels and then revamp the following summer.

Yeah, but on Sakho on his own does well. Lugano, Bisavic, Armand all fail as his partner. Jallet is Bosingwa MK2 imo lol. Many a cheap back up in midfield if you can cause Bodmer and Pastore are AMC's. It does but I played half a season and they all failed :facepalm: - Right PSG Challenge accepted! I think buying in someone like Abel Hernandez maybe, so sell Hoarou and Erdinc and bring him in and play Hernandez and Gamiero or you could try buying Moussa Sow for £6 million from Lille. I bought him for Fulham at 6.

Siguru

Ceara Sakho Lugano Maxwell

Menez Pastore Matuidi Nene

Gamiero A.Hernandez
Reply 5373
Marlon Harewood and Simon Dawkins unreal players.

Gateshead dream is now in league 1 now, :dice:
Quick question lads, basically i'm trying to download FM 2012 for mac from the FM website. How do i know if i've got the right one? Because on one of the covers shown there is a mac symbol and the only one that's there to download doesn't have the mac symbol. Does this matter or will it automatically be the mac version?
Reply 5375
Original post by JBullyWBA
Quick question lads, basically i'm trying to download FM 2012 for mac from the FM website. How do i know if i've got the right one? Because on one of the covers shown there is a mac symbol and the only one that's there to download doesn't have the mac symbol. Does this matter or will it automatically be the mac version?
The retail game disc is compatible with both PC and Mac, as has been the case with all games in the FM series. I doubt downloads would be any different. Also, since the price is the same you might as well just buy it directly from Steam (linking the game with Steam is necessary for FM12)
(edited 12 years ago)
Hows Pastore performing for people? I want to offload Tevez, and sign him in my Arsenal save. I play 4-4-2 (with two attacking midfielders as winger), but I'm going to switch to 4-5-1 to keep more possession while creating chances.

My startling line up is:

Rene Adler (GK)
Bacary Sagna (RB) (FB - Support)
Thiago Silva (DCR) (CB - Cover)
Thomas Vermarlen (DCL) (CB - Defend)
Kieran Gibbs (DL) (FB - Support)

Alex Song (MCR) (BWN - Defend)
Aaron Ramsey (MCL) (CM - Support)

Hulk (AMR) (W - Support (Swaps with AML))
Gervinho (AML) (W - Support (Swaps with AMR))

Carlos Tevez (STR) (P - Attack)
Robin van Persie (STL) (CF - Support)

Substitutes: Wojech Szcesny, Per Mertesacker, Emmanuel Frimpong, Jack Wilshere, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Iker Muniain

The teams killing it right now! Scored 5 against Chelsea, 6 again Tottenham, and 7 against Stoke (on my 100 managerial game) - all while keeping clean sheets!
Reply 5377
Carlos Tevez is wasted as a poacher.
Original post by Laertes
Carlos Tevez is wasted as a poacher.

this^ I play him as Complete Forward, get's less goals but loads of assists for me (signed him for Inter 2nd season of game for £22m after City played him once all the previous season) scored 11 goals in 27 games but also got 16 assists for me.
If I had Tevez, I would without a doubt play him as a complete forward. :holmes:

Anyhoo, Pastore is performing like an absolute don for my Man United at the moment. Constantly 'bossing the midfield.' (Year 2014/15).

Latest