The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
Tbf in France you should be going very attacking with PSG as they have a lot of pace and a lot of creativity. You should look to control games and dominate them. Getting some sort of top striker would be the first priority obviously :beard:

Mmm I guess you're right. What formation have you found best works? I'd been trying the 4-2-3-1 (both deep midfielders and normal midfielders) mainly because Pastore is obviously an AMC.

I think I need a strong CB too. Lugano/Sakho/Bisvec are all too leaky.. Sow was an okay striker but not amazing.. Sturridge did pretty well though.
Reply 5421
Original post by Zerforax
Mmm I guess you're right. What formation have you found best works? I'd been trying the 4-2-3-1 (both deep midfielders and normal midfielders) mainly because Pastore is obviously an AMC.

I think I need a strong CB too. Lugano/Sakho/Bisvec are all too leaky.. Sow was an okay striker but not amazing.. Sturridge did pretty well though.

I have played the same formation with both Liverpool and Southampton (first season with Southampton/promotion+FA cup win and second season/won the premier league :facepalm2: )
I use a 4-1-2-2-1
GK: Sweeper keeper, attack
RB: Full back - support
CB: centre back - defend
LB: full back - attack
DM: defensive midfielder - defend or anchor man
CM: central midfielder - attack (this is where I would p;ay Pastore whilst retraining him)
CM: deep lying playmaker - support
AMR: inside forward - attack
AML: inside forward - attack
ST: Poacher

Team instructions are:
Fluid
Control
Two notches above deep for defensive line
One notch below quick for tempo, same for width
Short passing

(the tempo and width might be slightly different as I am doing this from memory :mmm: )

I find it creates a ridiculous amount of chances and lets everyone shine. I do make sure I have quick defenders like Shawcross, Skrtel or this really cheap defender with a name like Ecule or something.

You should try getting Wilfried or Doumbia. Wilfried was amazing for me but became injury prone and was injured about 40% of the season so I replaced him with Doumbia :h:

Edit: I always try and make sure I have a lot of players with a high-ish workrate and teamwork as well as I also play high pressing and hard tackling.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
I have played the same formation with both Liverpool and Southampton (first season with Southampton/promotion+FA cup win and second season/won the premier league :facepalm2: )
I use a 4-1-2-2-1
CM: central midfielder - attack (this is where I would p;ay Pastore whilst retraining him)

Team instructions are:
Fluid
Control
Short passing

(the tempo and width might be slightly different as I am doing this from memory :mmm: )

I find it creates a ridiculous amount of chances and lets everyone shine. I do make sure I have quick defenders like Shawcross, Skrtel or this really cheap defender with a name like Ecule or something.

You should try getting Wilfried or Doumbia. Wilfried was amazing for me but became injury prone and was injured about 40% of the season so I replaced him with Doumbia :h:

Edit: I always try and make sure I have a lot of players with a high-ish workrate and teamwork as well as I also play high pressing and hard tackling.

Would you mind emailing me your tactic? :mmm:

Spoiler

Original post by Mess.
I use a 4-1-2-2-1

Team instructions are:
Fluid
Control
Short passing

I guess I'll try that then. Do you put right footed players on the left and vice versa or just go with natural positions?

Hmm guess I can still try and pick up Veloso/M'Villa to play alongside Pastore as the centre three.

Not sure if I'll be able to play hard tackling.. you get a suspension in France for 3 yellowcards I think so I continuously had someone suspended (think I finished with like 60 yellow cards at the end of the season).

PSG don't actually give you that much money to start with (like 14mil?) Main thing will be finding a great striker who can hit the ground running I feel.. Def will get Sturridge as my 2nd striker.
just signed a sick regen for United, cost me a lot though! £32m transfer from River Plate and 79k a week wages!

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/213/regenm.png
Reply 5425
New chairman at Arsenal in 2015. Gave me a £300million cash injection :coma:.
Reply 5426
Original post by SciFiBoy
just signed a sick regen for United, cost me a lot though! £32m transfer from River Plate and 79k a week wages!

He is not worth £32m..
Reply 5427
Original post by Peachz
He is not worth £32m..

This.
Original post by SciFiBoy

My god 32 Million for a 20 year regen, and the regen isn't even that good decent at best. That's a massive gamble.
Due to work commitments haven't played much FM12. On my L'pool save, I have a massive injury crisis, Downing, Bellamy, Gerrard, Lucas, Robinson, Carroll all injured on International duty or in my first two League games and the transfer window has just shut :angry:

Signed Niang though and he scored on his debut!!! (Carroll got injured 14 mis in!!:facepalm:) Made him Liverpool's youngest ever goal scorer :biggrin:

Smashed Doncaster 5-0 with my reserve team, Suso 3 assists and a goal! :wink: Shelvey the other assist and 1 of the goals.

Unbeaten in first 5 competitive games of the season so not bad so far. Maybe this week I might get some time to play FM12 some more :smile:
Original post by Kruz
My god 32 Million for a 20 year regen, and the regen isn't even that good decent at best. That's a massive gamble.

meh, worth a shot I reckon, let Berbatov leave and needed another striker so figured this kid looks like he could be great, scored a bag of goals for River and already won a cap for Argentina...may turn out to be a wasted gamble but hey, have like £80m in the transfer kitty even after the transfer.

edit: they wanted £39m for him, but I got them down to 32 in the end, would have liked to pay less for him but oh well. ive won 3 titles in 4 years already
(edited 12 years ago)
How good is Niang and how much would you pay for him?

He's worth £7m on mine, I've offered up to £15m but to no avail... Do I push for it? I'm in my 3rd season I think
Reply 5432
Original post by Nut.
New chairman at Arsenal in 2015. Gave me a £300million cash injection :coma:.

Please let us know what you do with this money
Reply 5433
Original post by JPsycho
Please let us know what you do with this money

Gotze and Fabregas have been purchased (Barca seem to be underperforming atm so I took full advantage and nabbed Cesc back :colone:). But other than that I'm perfectly happy with my squad. I don't think there's a player in the world who could improve it (aside from Ronaldo, who is now 30 anyway, or Messi who seems to be getting slower each season :confused:).

3 back to back PL titles and Champions Leagues. Typical that I get investment when I really don't need it.
The guy should have given his money to Everton or something, be nice to have a challenge.
Original post by Nut.

The guy should have given his money to Everton or something, be nice to have a challenge.

try signing a random youth player from Everton for 50 million and see how they do? :P
Reply 5435
Original post by IanLim93
try signing a random youth player from Everton for 50 million and see how they do? :P

Now that is an idea. :beard:
EVERYTHING IS ON A KNIFES EDGE!!!

What a ****ing epic end to the season.

Last game of the season, up against City for the title (I'm Liverpool). Lots of twists.

Title deciders:
Everton vs Man City
Man Utd vs Liverpool

Everton lose to City, City will get the title unless I win at Old Trafford.

If I win, and if Arsenal win their game, they get 4th and last CL spot ahead of Utd and I win the title on their home turf!!! :coma: :sexface:

Will Everton help Liverpool? Will Utd help City? A bit irrelevant but will Arsene Wenger get his 4th spot?!

My word. The fixture couldn't have been more epic. :cool:

Predictions? :biggrin:

Attachment not found

Attachment not found
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nut.
Now that is an idea. :beard:

Or, you could find the club at the bottom of League Two/the Conference, and buy one of their players for forty million. Then you can sit back and see how said club does with forty million in the bank. :holmes:
Original post by jackf1337
How good is Niang and how much would you pay for him?

He's worth £7m on mine, I've offered up to £15m but to no avail... Do I push for it? I'm in my 3rd season I think

Signed him at the start of the game for 4.7 million and he's good enough to sit on the bench of a top 5 premiership teamand he pops up and scores important goals, so he's a very good investment!
Original post by Mess.
I use a 4-1-2-2-1

Team instructions are:
Fluid
Control
Short passing

Great minds think a like I use the same tactic! I create so many chances it's ridiculous, now only if Carroll would score..... :colonhash:

Latest