The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5440
Original post by Nut.
Now that is an idea. :beard:
Money makes the world go round, and enough of it can make some teams do rather well - whether their success came before or after these transfers, I can't remember (this is an ancient save from FM09), but one thing I do know for sure is that Shrewsbury managed to stay in the Premiership consistently for decades. £50m might not be enough for Everton, though, so give them everything you can :p:
Reply 5441
Original post by Karma Charger
Would you mind emailing me your tactic? :mmm:

Spoiler

:mmm: I will do if you need me to but you can't be that bad at FM can you :awesome:

Original post by Zerforax
I guess I'll try that then. Do you put right footed players on the left and vice versa or just go with natural positions?

Hmm guess I can still try and pick up Veloso/M'Villa to play alongside Pastore as the centre three.

Not sure if I'll be able to play hard tackling.. you get a suspension in France for 3 yellowcards I think so I continuously had someone suspended (think I finished with like 60 yellow cards at the end of the season).

PSG don't actually give you that much money to start with (like 14mil?) Main thing will be finding a great striker who can hit the ground running I feel.. Def will get Sturridge as my 2nd striker.

I don't focus too much on the wrong footed players playing on the respective sides, just fitting in whichever players are best and generally retraining AMC's with a lot of pace and trickery to play out there. Willian and Buonanotte are great early buys to invest in for such a thing.

My team always ends up, comfortably, in the bottom half of the discipline league table so I wouldn't worry too much about that, just fine anyone who gets sent off :yep:

The two strikers I mentioned should be available well within your budget as I only payed £11.5m for Doumbia in the 3rd season and £5m for Wilfried in the second season.
Original post by Mess.
:mmm: I will do if you need me to but you can't be that bad at FM can you :awesome:

I don't focus too much on the wrong footed players playing on the respective sides, just fitting in whichever players are best and generally retraining AMC's with a lot of pace and trickery to play out there. Willian and Buonanotte are great early buys to invest in for such a thing.

My team always ends up, comfortably, in the bottom half of the discipline league table so I wouldn't worry too much about that, just fine anyone who gets sent off :yep:

The two strikers I mentioned should be available well within your budget as I only payed £11.5m for Doumbia in the 3rd season and £5m for Wilfried in the second season.

I think I'm going to try and sign Leonardo Damiao :biggrin:
Original post by Angry cucumber
Signed him at the start of the game for 4.7 million and he's good enough to sit on the bench of a top 5 premiership teamand he pops up and scores important goals, so he's a very good investment!

would he be worth £15m+ plus though?

On the strikers note... Bent went 1000 minutes without scoring :facepalm:
Can anyone recommend me an up and coming young GK about 2 years into the game?

Looking for someone younger than 23-24 who can grow into/become a long term 1st choice GK.
Original post by Mr.Messy
Can anyone recommend me an up and coming young GK about 2 years into the game?

Looking for someone younger than 23-24 who can grow into/become a long term 1st choice GK.

Alex Smithies.
Reply 5446
Jack Butland is always a good buy for me. Very reliable :yep:

Any back-up GK that you get just make sure they are HG otherwise it is a complete waste of a space for a player that will very rarely play. Two years in to the game there are probably some regens about who would be great to pick up.
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Alex Smithies.

Wish I'd bought him. He's become an England mainstay on my save...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by KingMessi
Wish I'd bought him. He's become an England mainstay on my save...

He really does develop into a top player.
Reply 5449
Marc-André ter Stegen.
Reply 5450
If anyone is playing as Arsenal, could you recommend me a striker and a CM to buy please.

:yy:
Reply 5451
Original post by Laertes
Marc-André ter Stegen.

Excellent choice. My number 1 atm in 2015, and has been since 2013.

I hadn't even heard of him IRL. :colondollar:
Reply 5452
Original post by TM94
If anyone is playing as Arsenal, could you recommend me a striker and a CM to buy please.

:yy:

Not sure if you mean for now or future, but here are two strikers for the future nonetheless:

- Carlos Fierro (you'll have to wait until he's 18 until he can join but he's well worth getting a deal in place)
- Mbaye Niang (in my Arsenal save he was the world's best striker by the age of 21, cost be 72mill. to sign him, well worth it though)
Reply 5453
Original post by Point!
Not sure if you mean for now or future, but here are two strikers for the future nonetheless:

- Carlos Fierro (you'll have to wait until he's 18 until he can join but he's well worth getting a deal in place)
- Mbaye Niang (in my Arsenal save he was the world's best striker by the age of 21, cost be 72mill. to sign him, well worth it though)

Already made an offer for Fierro :sexface:

I was thinking more now though. :colondollar:

The price quotes for Cavani / Damaio / Rossi are astronomical.
Carlos Fierro. Amazing. :coma:

Sebastian Coates' tendency to score from corners. :sexface:
How much are you guys paying for Fierro? Chivas wanted ~£20mil for him, for me, at the start of the season. :L
Reply 5456
Original post by SilentIdea
How much are you guys paying for Fierro? Chivas wanted ~£20mil for him, for me, at the start of the season. :L

He is available on a compensated free at the beginning for about £1.2m.

I have a centre-half who has nearly one hundred and fifty career goals for me, pretty much all from corners.:biggrin:
Reply 5458

Coates gets me about 15-20 goals a season from corners and free kicks xD
Original post by SilentIdea

I paid 2.4mil in 48 month installments :colondollar: Will join in a years time.

Latest