The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5500
Original post by AstroZombie1
I had a little smile across my face when I seen the rangers information screen in the transfer patch. :biggrin:
Shush, you :whip: Although let's be honest, administration in FM means **** all - they can't buy players for the first transfer window, possibly the second at a push if takeover bids fail repeatedly, but a new owner will come in sooner rather than later and suddenly Rangers aren't in financial trouble any more...in fact, as a Celtic fan their situation in the game could be your worst nightmare because the new owner of Rangers could end up being a sugar daddy who'll throw money at the club for fun :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5501
Ah, FM after what feels like so, so long. :coma:
It's at times like these that I find FM very hard to tolerate.
Original post by Dalimyr
Shush, you :whip: Although let's be honest, administration in FM means **** all - they can't buy players for the first transfer window, possibly the second at a push if takeover bids fail repeatedly, but a new owner will come in sooner rather than later and suddenly Rangers aren't in financial trouble any more...in fact, as a Celtic fan their situation in the game could be your worst nightmare because the new owner of Rangers could end up being a sugar daddy who'll throw money at the club for fun :p:

Still means easy old firm games and depending on how long it goes on for (in-game) 1st place spot sewn up along with the Euorpean money that brings so I reckon I'd hold my own.
Original post by KingMessi
It's at times like these that I find FM very hard to tolerate.

Rage quit :yep:
Not bad considering he came through my youth system.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5506
Still means easy old firm games and depending on how long it goes on for (in-game) 1st place spot sewn up along with the Euorpean money that brings so I reckon I'd hold my own.
It worries me slightly that you think you need so much of an advantage to 'hold your own' :p:
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Should be in the FM menu under "Add/Remove Leagues" or something similar.

Cheers :smile:
Original post by Zerforax

I actually haven't done that since FM08, but what I have done today is switched off my computer rather than put it to sleep, meaning that I've lost my progress to the CL semi-final. :mad:
Original post by Zerforax

I've gone 2 and a half seasons without rage quitting, although I really should have, I ****ing won the league last season, beat valencia 3-2, it showed 3 ****ING GOALS!!!! Yet the final score showed 2-2 and it's a draw, valencia get 88 points, I get 86, had I won that match, I would have 88 points and valencia would have 87. The away match was probably the worst 0-0 draw you could possibly imagine. I WON the LEAGUE FFS and came 2nd!

:angry:!!

Tbh, I've never had a problem with lack of money, I reckon I could take the rangers job, stabilize the team and win the league in the process.
Seydou Keita on the update is £2.6 mill, very good buisness! :biggrin:
Original post by Dalimyr
It worries me slightly that you think you need so much of an advantage to 'hold your own' :p:

Well I was basing that on you saying the gers would have a sugar daddy as a owner. :cool:
Original post by Point!
Haha, that sounds class! Have you got all leagues switched on all the time? How slowly does it run if you do? Surely players above the standard of your division might be interested in joining you due to your exploits in the Prem?

Nah, it's a different save file. Didn't want to leave my Boro game completely so it's still on the back burners somewhere. Started again with the usual stats I use and only Jamaica, Mexico, USA and England loaded up as leagues.

Dalimyr
Can't you sign players to...uh, was it 'Non-Contract' or something that replaced the old Amateur contracts from previous games? Amateur players don't get paid any wages, so in lower leagues they're quite handy for bulking out a squad on the cheap

I wish. :frown: No one wants to accept amateur forms. Tbf I'm only paying them about £8pw anyway. The problem is that you have to have five players who were registered between the club between the ages of 15 and 19. I think there's an error with the mod I've got that allows the Jamaican league!

Anyway, I'm playing in the Faroes now instead! It's going well after two games... 2-0 win in the Europa League (4-2 on aggregate, I came in after the first leg) and 4-0 against Streymur in the Faroese Cup.
Is there anybody better than Iniesta on this game?
I'm Barca...and it just came up about changing his squad status to rotation, so now it's getting me thinking about selling him, as i don't exactly need him....

Am in my first season btw, and after 30 games i'm 7 points clear of Madrid after scoring 102 goals and conceding just 26.

Messi has 37 in 41 with 25 assists and
Villa has 54 in 45 with 24 assists.

:borat:
Yaya sanogo is a prick, he does that thing he does in every football manager against me, he came on in the second half, ran rings around my right back and centre back then scored, why didn't I buy him on a free?

So long story short, PSG are leading in the round of 16 3-2 after coming back from 2-1. I still have the home leg though, I just need a goal and I'll be through. I've come back from the league big time, if I beat valencia, I'll be second, real madrid are 10 points in front of me, but have us, valencia, barcelona and athletico madrid to play so I reckon they'll drop some points.

Seeing as I was 11th in november and I'm now joint 2nd in february, I've done an inter without the arsenal style crashing when they're about to get into the top 3 spot.
Reply 5517
Anyone else's game start running incredibly incredibly slowly as soon as you say something during a team meeting? :dontknow:

Happened 3 times to me now, had to save and quit each time (was taking over 5 minutes to 'continue' through one day).
2012-03-10_00001.jpg

Bought Cavani in my Inter save and... :coma:
Original post by SilentIdea
2012-03-10_00001.jpg

Bought Cavani in my Inter save and... :coma:

:zomg: That's pretty incredible!

How much did you pay for him?

Latest