The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5740
For ****s sake. Young players do not have static potential abilities, they will not play the same for everybody.

I have Muniain on a save and he has been distinctly under-whelming.
So annoying that ive spent millions on putting together a new team after getting Birmingham promoted only to find Anicehebe, whom I bought at the start when I was in the Championship for a mere sum of £2.2m, one of the only players playing to his potential whilst Adebayor (loan), Bendtner and Kweuke all flopping :angry:
Original post by kopite493
pato 30 goals a season for me

damaio 30 goals plus 20 assists i think your using him wrong :/

Just because it's like that for you doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. Damiao is very hit and miss for me.
Reply 5743
Seriously considering selling Reina at the end of this season. He's conceded stupid goals through hesitance or rushing out and has cost me too many points. Bouncing between 5th ad 8th, could easily be 3rd if he wasn't making so many mistakes
Lost 3-0 to Barcelona in 1st leg of Quarters of CL. :emo:

Went through on pens at Anfield. ****ing beast! asdgrdghhghrdyetwerw24r askodaopsdikaopsdjaopkdada.

A sending off and penalty helped. :cool:
Reply 5745
This season really hasnt gone my way this year, playing so inconsistently that I'm considered underdogs against Fulham and west brom :/. My only consolation is that I've won the carling cup and Im still in the FA cup
Reply 5746
Started a new game as Liverpool, drawing a few too many games but I am still unbeaten at the start of October. Currently have every single striker injured for a few weeks though :sigh: Suarez was out for a month, came back, played one reserve game and broke his wrist :facepalm2:. Kuyt, Carroll, Suarez, Sanogo all injured :facepalm2: No wonder Coates is my top scored with 5 in 6 :awesome:

Edit: This is the second Liverpool game I have played and I really don't understand the Adam criticism, he is always one of my best performers and gets a hell of a lot of assists from set pieces.
Messi gets injured at WC, after missing the five months in the run up to it. Out for another five months. Signed Lucas Moura....

Pedro is now a back-up player, with Deulofeu, Hazard and Moura all ahead of him. Sanchez is now a striker, though he also missed five months of the previous season, in which I lost the league on H2H record to Atletico Madrid.

Puyol and Xavi are coaches now, though the latter is still playing - he plays about half the games.
Reply 5748
Original post by Mess.
Started a new game as Liverpool, drawing a few too many games but I am still unbeaten at the start of October. Currently have every single striker injured for a few weeks though :sigh: Suarez was out for a month, came back, played one reserve game and broke his wrist :facepalm2:. Kuyt, Carroll, Suarez, Sanogo all injured :facepalm2: No wonder Coates is my top scored with 5 in 6 :awesome:

Edit: This is the second Liverpool game I have played and I really don't understand the Adam criticism, he is always one of my best performers and gets a hell of a lot of assists from set pieces.

My liverpool game has gone practically the same way except henderson has been amazing and Adam ****. Had soo many injuries over the season, suarez has been injured more than he's been fit
Reply 5749
Original post by Stirlo
My liverpool game has gone practically the same way except henderson has been amazing and Adam ****. Had soo many injuries over the season, suarez has been injured more than he's been fit

I will probably end up selling Suarez if he doesn't start performing, he hasn't scored for me yet either. At the end of the season it could be Skrtel, Adam, Bellamy, Carroll and Suarez at a minimum being sold.

Felipe Anderson + Henderson seem to have been my first choice central pairing whilst waiting for Gerrard to return, FA is amazing :coma: I didn't bother getting Barcelona's Keita in as his wage demands were ridiculous for a 31 year old. I did get Willian in as an auxillary winger and CM, his crossing and pace is immense :yep:

Ecuele Manga/Caulker/Shawcross are my targets for the summer in defence, will be 2 out 3, probably going towards the English pair.

Nangis and Sterlign have been great back up on the wings as well. I also took over the u21 role for England and Sterling scored a hat trick away in my second game :mmm:
Gotze is a bit crap at scoring but my god can he assist. :coma:
In need of cover for the LB and RB positions about 3 years in, someone who can play in both positions well. Suggestions?
Original post by Mess.
I will probably end up selling Suarez if he doesn't start performing, he hasn't scored for me yet either.

Play Suarez as an attacking wide player (on winger setting) he's a beast!! :wink:

Update: Still smashing teams, 0-5 away win at Fulham with a Carroll hat-trick :lolwut:

United next wish me luck......

Also whilst I'm here, how do you stop players, stats going down? Carroll and Skrtel's stats have dropped by half a star, yet I have very good coaches with the lowest quality of them having 3.5 stars, yet their stats keep going down! I play them regularly and have had a Private chat with them telling them to get the act together yet they don't regain the quality they lost :unimpressed: :colonhash:
Original post by Mr.Messy
In need of cover for the LB and RB positions about 3 years in, someone who can play in both positions well. Suggestions?

Silvio, a Portuguese player. Not sure what he'll cost you as he most likely won't be at Braga in your game. I got him for £7m at the start of my game.
Reply 5754
Original post by Angry cucumber
Play Suarez as an attacking wide player (on winger setting) he's a beast!! :wink:

Update: Still smashing teams, 0-5 away win at Fulham with a Carroll hat-trick :lolwut:

United next wish me luck......

Also whilst I'm here, how do you stop players, stats going down? Carroll and Skrtel's stats have dropped by half a star, yet I have very good coaches with the lowest quality of them having 3.5 stars, yet their stats keep going down! I play them regularly and have had a Private chat with them telling them to get the act together yet they don't regain the quality they lost :unimpressed: :colonhash:

Have they suffered any injuries? And at different stages of the season players lose attributes due to tiredness/boredom with training etc. Also, if you aren't playing them that often then they won't be keeping their stats up.

I only really have Suarez, Sanogo and Carroll for the striker position at the moment. Might get the striker Keita who is absolutely insane as a poacher and play Suarez out wide in the second season as Fierro is due to appear as well.
You also need to have each coach only doing one session type, and at least one coach for each one. My coaches are at least 4.5* with one or two at 5*.

Full Barca squad for 14/15 season:

Valdes, Courtois, Alves, Bartra, Boulahrouz, Pique, Evans, Fontas, Masch, Biscuits, Dos Santos, Kovacic, Cesc, Iniesta, Xavi, Thiago, Deulofeu, Pedro, Muniain, Hazard, Sanchez, Moura, Villa, Messi, Vadillo and Vasquez. With Erick Torres and Defour loaned out as they're not needed, though I may keep the former if Xavi retires.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5756
Original post by Mess.
I will probably end up selling Suarez if he doesn't start performing, he hasn't scored for me yet either. At the end of the season it could be Skrtel, Adam, Bellamy, Carroll and Suarez at a minimum being sold.

Felipe Anderson + Henderson seem to have been my first choice central pairing whilst waiting for Gerrard to return, FA is amazing :coma: I didn't bother getting Barcelona's Keita in as his wage demands were ridiculous for a 31 year old. I did get Willian in as an auxillary winger and CM, his crossing and pace is immense :yep:

Ecuele Manga/Caulker/Shawcross are my targets for the summer in defence, will be 2 out 3, probably going towards the English pair.

Nangis and Sterlign have been great back up on the wings as well. I also took over the u21 role for England and Sterling scored a hat trick away in my second game :mmm:

On my sell list so far is Kuyt, Adam, Bellamy and Carroll (although he's on fire atm after spending 3 monts in the reserves). Will probably try to sell on Downing too, Nangis has been outplaying him and is keeping him out of the first team.

Probably going to try and sign Doumbia in the summer and will try and find a decent cheap CM.

Seidu Keita when I tried signing him in mine wanted 170k pw, that wasn't happening obviously.
Original post by Kevmeister
You also need to have each coach only doing one session type, and at least one coach for each one. My coaches are at least 4.5* with one or two at 5*.

I do that, however I'm at the start of the game (update) I can't find many mega quality coaches who aren't asking for mega wages :smile:

Is Thiago any good?
Reply 5758
Original post by Kevmeister

Full Barca squad for 14/15 season:

Valdes, Courtois, Alves, Bartra, Boulahrouz, Pique, Evans, Fontas, Masch, Biscuits, Dos Santos, Kovacic, Cesc, Iniesta, Xavi, Thiago, Deulofeu, Pedro, Muniain, Hazard, Sanchez, Villa, Messi, Vadillo and Vasquez. With Erick Torres and Defour loaned out as they're not needed, though I may keep the former if Xavi retires.

You love Evans so much :rofl2: Is he captain as well?

Original post by Stirlo
On my sell list so far is Kuyt, Adam, Bellamy and Carroll (although he's on fire atm after spending 3 monts in the reserves). Will probably try to sell on Downing too, Nangis has been outplaying him and is keeping him out of the first team.

Probably going to try and sign Doumbia in the summer and will try and find a decent cheap CM.

Seidu Keita when I tried signing him in mine wanted 170k pw, that wasn't happening obviously.

Doumbia is unbelieveable, he can do absolutely everything you want from a striker. Wilfried is also great but he became injury prone for me (during my Southampton save) during his first season so I shipped him on for double the price and replaced him with Keita :awesome:

Seydou Keita wanted £90,000 off me and even that was too much. He isn't any better than Lucas and will just get in the way of the youth.

I think I might try and get rid of Bellamy, Carroll, Downing, Doni, Jones as well as maybe Kuyt (even though he always performs well for me and is great for tutoring younger players) and Adam even though he always does great for me.

Try buying Yttergard Jenssen, a Norweigan CM who I picked up for £1m at the beginning of the game. Although Felipe Anderson is amazing and I got him for about £5m.
Reply 5759
Original post by Mess.

Try buying Yttergard Jenssen, a Norweigan CM who I picked up for £1m at the beginning of the game. Although Felipe Anderson is amazing and I got him for about £5m.

YES!

Unbelievable player for the price. I've never got him for £1m but for the ~£3m I normally end up spending he's worth every penny.

Latest