The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5940
Original post by IanLim93
Its my assistant manager who assess them who has the judging player ability of 20 and judging player potential of 17. Not too sure what else is wrong. Will just continue to poach youngsters from around the world :rolleyes:

Stars change in relation to ability/form/reputation/squad or position average ability. So that can make their potential look lower.
Original post by Mess.
Stars change in relation to ability/form/reputation/squad or position average ability. So that can make their potential look lower.

Yeah, leading midfielders are now 2.5 stars in my team and defence are 3.5 stars for leading players.

Update. I want to leave once I win the treble. But I don't want to go to a big team, so should I go to the championship/serie B or should I try my luck and go 20 years with real sociedad? I'm planning on leaving after 10 years and it's 2020. I think that I'm gonna just let my contract run down in 2022 and leave.

I might have to spend big on a centre back this summer due to crap squad depth. I'm bringing back my striker that I sold to catania(was from my youth squad and he's 24 now) because his replacement hasn't been doing too well and I've lost my patience with him as he's 23 and hasn't come good yet.

Plus I wanna win over my fans too if I bring back a guy who can be a potential legend.
Original post by Mess.

Care to guess who I've brought in to replace Alves?
Reply 5943
Original post by Kevmeister
Care to guess who I've brought in to replace Alves?

Johnny Evans :awesome: or glen Johnson :mmm:
Original post by Mess.

Didn't realise it was so relative. Explains why I've never seen a 5 star player then.
Original post by Dalimyr
There should really only be one place where you can download it, and that's Steam (who to some degree are justified to charge as much as it costs for a hard copy because they've got bandwidth costs and all that which would need to be covered). Any online retailers who won't send you a physical copy of the game almost certainly won't be offering a download either - they'll give you a CD-key to activate on Steam, where you download it from (the game being linked to your Steam account is a requirement so offering a download makes no sense for an online retailer). Realise that, and it becomes even more of a joke that they're asking so much for it, doesn't it? :p: Honestly, just get a hard copy...

Such is life with an arse like Mario. He's got stupidly high controversy and pathetically low professionalism, sportsmanship and temperament. Amr Zaki is another one in that mould (remember how Zaki in his loan spell at Wigan kept going off on international duty with Egypt then having a little holiday and returning late?). Tevez isn't too far off it, either - sky-high controversy and rock-bottom professionalism, though his temperament is a little better...and to be honest, I think his loyalty score of 4 is a bit high. Has he had a single season where he hasn't bitched and moaned about wanting to go back to Argentina?)

Just ordered a hard copy online.

What a waste of resources :frown:
Original post by Mess.
Johnny Evans :awesome: or glen Johnson :mmm:

I have Evans already. And Johnson is dead in my game.

Think about it, ffs. A RB to replace Alves. ....
Reply 5947
I have Evans already. And Johnson is dead in my game.

Think about it, ffs. A RB to replace Alves. ....

Rafael
Original post by zxh800
Rafael

Nah. You got the nationality right. ....

But Mess should know who I got. Disappointed that the penny hasn't dropped yet!

Romario?
Reply 5950
Started an overhaul of my squad this transfer window which I plan to finish next season when more of my youth are ready to make the step up. Managed to knock another 350k pw off of my wage bill this window. Managed to get Gerrard's wage down to 90k/w, no player is on over 100k a week. Hazard is the highest earner on 96k/w.

Probably have overpaid but meh don't care and I just sold players for whatever value clubs would offer for them just get them off of the wage bill. Have a front 4 of:

-------------Doumbia-------------
Hazard------Gerrard------Costa---

With afellay, suarez, nangis and sanogo on the bench.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5951
This must be the creepiest face out of anyone on FM. Ever. :eyeball:

Steve Whitehall (Overview_ Profile).png
Reply 5952

If it isn't Romario then I wouldn't know :sad: I don't think it would be Romario though :beard: Give me a clue?

Btw, one of my youth players just got arthritis :facepalm2: I assume that is a career limiting injury and will continue to crop up?
Original post by Mess.
If it isn't Romario then I wouldn't know :sad: I don't think it would be Romario though :beard: Give me a clue?

Btw, one of my youth players just got arthritis :facepalm2: I assume that is a career limiting injury and will continue to crop up?

It is Romario. He's 22, will compete with Bartra for the RB position.

As he's a youth player it won't mean much if he misses the odd game - you may want to put him on a lighter training schedule, rest him between games - though you should do this for most anyway.
Reply 5954
It is Romario. He's 22, will compete with Bartra for the RB position.

As he's a youth player it won't mean much if he misses the odd game - you may want to put him on a lighter training schedule, rest him between games - though you should do this for most anyway.

**** them, if they can't handle my team they can rot :awesome:

I picked up Barta for £900,000. Nice and versatile, not good enough at jumping to be a first choice central defender though.
Left game running while watching the football/tweeting and so forth, open it up, try to play a match and it crashes.

Think I have to replay 10 matches now, and possibly get rid of the **** Alves again. :colonhash:
Reply 5956
Original post by Point!

:lolwut:
I was scouring clubs for youth talent, as you do, and a few 15/16 yr olds expected contracts as 'squad rotation' and on £25k/wk plus 25% yearly rise. :facepalm2:

Fans were unhappy about Alves going, despite the fact he only played six games in half a season, during which time team went top of the table and comfortably got out of the CL group. Press asked me about their reaction, and I said I wasn't that concerned and that the football club will go on without a petty ****.
I was scouring clubs for youth talent, as you do, and a few 15/16 yr olds expected contracts as 'squad rotation' and on £25k/wk plus 25% yearly rise. :facepalm2:

Fans were unhappy about Alves going, despite the fact he only played six games in half a season, during which time team went top of the table and comfortably got out of the CL group. Press asked me about their reaction, and I said I wasn't that concerned and that the football club will go on without a petty ****.

****** me off so much. :angry:

FM can be ridiculous at times. Kids these days. :rolleyes:
Reply 5959
Original post by Point!

Perhaps...though when you're downloading facepacks there's always a chance the guy's pic won't be particularly brilliant (Googling him, Whitehall doesn't really have much in the way of good pics, though :p:). Scott Brown's a real looker, isn't he? :p: I imagine it might be pretty damn difficult to get a picture of Carlos Tevez that makes him look less creepy (is it just me, or is his smile enough to make little children cry? :biggrin:)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22090270&postcount=7175 is a weird one that was actually added by SI for FM10, rather than being from a downloaded facepack :smile:

Latest