The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peachz
Came 6th again with Newcastle, so hard to break into the top four when they spend so much and I just don't have that kinda funding. Just best Vaskio or something in the EURO cup 7-0 on aggregate, hopefully will get close to winning that this season and getting champ league football.

I just bang out free transfers and improve the youth squad. It's better for a long term solution.
Played first match ever earlier.

Lost 1-0 91st minute!

Great.
Germany start calling up players from 2016? Or it could be if they are regens? :colondollar:

Messed up my transfer budget as I didn't expect a new signing to get called up. :angry:
Original post by Kevmeister
Germany start calling up players from 2016? Or it could be if they are regens? :colondollar:

Messed up my transfer budget as I didn't expect a new signing to get called up. :angry:

Regen players get called up for germany. My striker decides to have a van persie style season(including the yearly long term injury) so he's now germany's main striker.
Original post by zxh800
5 years with Feyenoord and I've just been offered the Holland job. I'm looking forward to the challenge! I've never managed a country before. Any tips on National Team management? And juggling it with club management to boot.

Organise the best set up possible in terms of backroom staff. U21 manager, U19 managers too. They don't have to be Dutch either. The very best coaches will come running.

Depending on your team's organisational form all I can say is friendlies, friendlies and more friendlies i.e. tactical familiarity/preparation.

Try not to lose matches as it will go against your FIFA ranking.

Make full use of your scouts (not sure of the regens date for Holland).

Don't worry, it can be done!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dalimyr

I've never seen that error message in my life :p: Google came up with this, though: http://www.fmscout.com/q-3531-Unable-to-find-Essential-Data.html - stam tends to know what he's talking about so you may as well give it a go :smile:
Sega's tech support site has a few possible solutions. http://segauk.epticahosting.com/selfsegauk/template.do?id=5294

I restored to a point like 3 weeks ago, that seems to have sorted it out
for some reason doing what they link side ever worked, unless I was doing it wrong
Original post by Dalimyr
Eastbourne over here. In LLM games if I came up against them I was always going to be in for a struggle. We could both be in the Blue Square North/South and I could have a team capable of giving League 2 teams a run for their money, let alone BSN/BSS or Blue Square Premier teams, yet Eastbourne would still be able to run rings around me and beat me 3-0 or whatever :p: It happens. People have their bogey teams. Just don't let it get to you. You will (occasionally) beat them, so just try to make the most out of enjoying it when you do rather than getting worked up by the losses :wink:

It's so annoying, realistically how can they beat me EVERY single time I play them? That's one of the most annoying things in FM 2012 for me :sadnod:
Original post by mevidek
It's so annoying, realistically how can they beat me EVERY single time I play them? That's one of the most annoying things in FM 2012 for me :sadnod:

Hmm, my bogey team is hercules away, their pitch is stupidly narrow so my wingers are ineffective the whole match.
Original post by jam277
Hmm, my bogey team is hercules away, their pitch is stupidly narrow so my wingers are ineffective the whole match.

Somehow I lose every single match to Tottenham, and I think that I now have another team that does the same... They're West brom. And I'm Manchester United. :facepalm:
Original post by mevidek
Somehow I lose every single match to Tottenham, and I think that I now have another team that does the same... They're West brom. And I'm Manchester United. :facepalm:

What makes it worse is that when it's the spanish cup I always have a stupidly hard run and beat madrid, athletico, barca and valencia on the way and I end up in the semis or the final every single season. But in a league game it's a joke, I faced murcia who got 6 points from 28 games and I lost 3-0 away.

My away form is a joke. Basically I'm jose mourinho at home pre 2011 but away I probably get 7 points out of 12.
Original post by jam277
What makes it worse is that when it's the spanish cup I always have a stupidly hard run and beat madrid, athletico, barca and valencia on the way and I end up in the semis or the final every single season. But in a league game it's a joke, I faced murcia who got 6 points from 28 games and I lost 3-0 away.

My away form is a joke. Basically I'm jose mourinho at home pre 2011 but away I probably get 7 points out of 12.

It's so annoying, and worst of all, it's unrealistic.
Reply 6071
Original post by jam277
I just bang out free transfers and improve the youth squad. It's better for a long term solution.

That's what I've been doing, hopefully I can mount a better challenge this year. Some of my youth team are coming through excellently.
Original post by Peachz
That's what I've been doing, hopefully I can mount a better challenge this year. Some of my youth team are coming through excellently.

I'm the 12th best team in europe and my striker has 4.5 stars potential while 3 stars is leading striker, so I can't wait. There's another striker in the youth squad with 3.5 stars potential and he can't get a game. I'm gonna break him through next season and sell one of my strikers.
Original post by Peachz

Yeah. I had to buy a bit because I crashed arsenal style and some of my positions the youth players aren't at the required level yet plus I'm rich, I bought a player I brought through from my youth squad back, bought a defender for 5 million and bought 3 young centre backs who costed 2 million overall. I have a youngster in my youth squad as well. I think it was a kneejerk reaction to bottling 4 trophies despite being in the final of the spanish cup, first in la liga, semi finals of the CL and final of the club world championship :facepalm2: Plus I might leave next season to go to italy so I just want to get a clean sweep this season and leave.
Original post by mevidek
It's so annoying, and worst of all, it's unrealistic.

I know man. I just need to get an unbeaten streak down and make sure my tactics are tight though, once that's happened I think I'll solve this problem.
I'm I the only that get annoyed, when you forget to delete the fake German team file, before starting a new save
I somehow won the league title despite being eleven points behind Arsenal in February. I won fifteen consecutive games through until the end of the season, and they well and truly crumbled, losing four of their last six games.
Guess what, I lost to hercules again. :facepalm2: They effectively ended my one and a half season unbeaten home streak
Wow destroyed Barcelona 4-0 in the first leg :eek: Was not expecting that!

I know I should leave City and play a more challenging game but I quite like this assembled team.

All English semi-final in CL.

City (me) v Utd
Arsenal v Spurs

:awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6078
Finland 4-1 Latvia
Holland 2-1 Finland
Finland 4-0 Moldova

I love my Finland team, qualification for the 2014 World Cup (which would be Finlands first ever) is the aim but I've been put in a qualification group containing Spain, France, Belarus and Georgia... all 4 of those teams will give me a real game. :sad:
Won the Championship and FA Cup with Reading in the first season due to some good signings (if I may say so myself :P) signed a few free agents who turned out to not be very good though. Simon Cox pretty much won it for me 37 goals and 4 assists in 45 games and Vuckic on loan from Newcastle was immense with 10 goals and 16 assists in 31 games. In the FA Cup I got such an easy route; Everton (not so easy) then Villa then Wolves. Only problem I now have is I have about 7 players who are terrible and all want first team football.

Latest