The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6160
I loaded up my game and it is the middle of January, Gerrard has been a consistent starter for me but now that I look at his stats they have all reset for the season :confused: He has started no games, no assists and no goals :confused:

Also, on an old save Di Maria scored for me and I was 4-1 up, however at the end of the game his goal hadn't registered and I only won 3-1 :confused:
Reply 6161
Just realised I left my CD at uni - at least I might actually get some work done this easter :colondollar:
Original post by Mess.
I loaded up my game and it is the middle of January, Gerrard has been a consistent starter for me but now that I look at his stats they have all reset for the season :confused: He has started no games, no assists and no goals :confused:

Also, on an old save Di Maria scored for me and I was 4-1 up, however at the end of the game his goal hadn't registered and I only won 3-1 :confused:

I thought that glitch only happened to me, try losing the league because a goal wasn't registered? I've never been more pissed off in my life.
Reply 6163
Original post by jam277
I thought that glitch only happened to me, try losing the league because a goal wasn't registered? I've never been more pissed off in my life.

If it had caused a problem I would have reset the match as I have a rolling save every few days. That is pretty much the only reason why I would re-load the game as it is pointless letting flaws in the code screw you over.

Was that the final day of the season match that yours didn't register on :beard:
Original post by Mess.
If it had caused a problem I would have reset the match as I have a rolling save every few days. That is pretty much the only reason why I would re-load the game as it is pointless letting flaws in the code screw you over.

Was that the final day of the season match that yours didn't register on :beard:

Nope, mid season, but valencia won the league, I beat them 3-2 but one of the goals weren't registered so it came as a draw. I finished on 86 points and they got 88 points. So I would have got 88 points and won the league had that goal registered.

I promised to not reload the game that season, plus I was on a roll and just winning loads of games in a row/unbeaten streak so I didn't wanna lose momentum by quitting and reloading the game.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6165
Original post by Mess.

Never seen that before. Very odd. The weirdest thing I've seen with regards to scorelines was when Wayne Rooney scored 2 goals in a 4-1 win but the post-match report said that he'd scored a hat-trick rather than a brace, but that was years ago (FM08 or 09 perhaps?) and was fixed in the first patch after I reported it to SI.

And that would be annoying...though not quite as annoying as a bug I once came across in an old game on Playstation, Olympic Soccer. I took a shot at goal, the whistle went for half-time and the players rushed off to the tunnel, the ball went in the net...and my opponent was awarded a goal because the game seemed to consider that the second half had already started and my opponents were now shooting into that goal :lol:
Original post by Mess.

5 seasons at Barca, Deulofeu has played in every one, but his only achievement listed is getting capped for Spain.

Sometimes tactics will reset mid-match if a player gets sent off, which pisses me off.
Reply 6167
Very annoying bugs :colonhash:

Btw does anyone find the pre-match backroom advice has been watered down? Previously it used to say that they would expect the opposition to do x so you should do y to counter it.
Also, during the match your assistant doesn't give you any advice compared to FM11, when it used to give you actual advice beyond x is exhausted, sub him.

Just thinking on that as well, you don't get the pre season backroom advice were it tells you how your squad compares to other squads in the league via aggression, strength, height, speed etc.
Reply 6168
Original post by jam277
Yeah, you need squad depth I think to beat barca and madrid regurlarly. Valencia and athletico get pretty good as well(valencia and I were in a scrap for the title a couple of seasons ago) But yeah your wage bill is gonna be stupidly high, If anybody asks for an 80k contract I'm not renewing it simple as. I find getting free transfers/players from lower leagues or reserve teams much cheaper in terms of wages and they can do a good job as a squad player.

You did better than me tbf in my first two seasons, but then I had no money whatsoever and would have made the champions league in my first season were it not for a stupid injury crisis in january where I just crashed. I dunno whether to start a new game yet. I wanna go to serie A, but I also want to start a brand new save on a random team in their prem or their version of the championship?

Problem is i've become a bit attached to this team, I want to see it develop into title challengers so if someone like Eriksen or Fer came asking for 80k i'd probably cave :colondollar:

I have no idea how I got 5th first season, think it was a bit of a fluke. Loads of very tight games that I just about scraped victories in. I didn't have much money to start either, signed a CB for £2.5mil which was my budget gone, but Betis have a 52k stadium which meant my bank balance was always increasing, allowing me to improve the squad vastly in the summer. Eriksen for £11mil was a fantastic signing, complemented with some good players for £2mil and under (regen CB and Fierro in particular) and a couple of good frees (Schelotto, Drenthe, Hoilett and Sanogo the pick).

Don't know if anyone has had Camilo Zuniga on this game but he was a great find for me, got him on loan 1st season and then signed him for 500k in the second. Stats aren't great but his performances are, always puts dangerous crosses in from the right and is capable of filling in at right back. Use him as a defensive winger in the more difficult games and he always performs.

In games like this I think it's key to have a good scouting network, that was one of the first things I did and it meant I got loads of suggestions about who to get.

Udinese are my Italian team on this, had a couple of great saves with them. You should stick it out with Sociedad though :pierre:
Original post by Louis.
Problem is i've become a bit attached to this team, I want to see it develop into title challengers so if someone like Eriksen or Fer came asking for 80k i'd probably cave :colondollar:

I have no idea how I got 5th first season, think it was a bit of a fluke. Loads of very tight games that I just about scraped victories in. I didn't have much money to start either, signed a CB for £2.5mil which was my budget gone, but Betis have a 52k stadium which meant my bank balance was always increasing, allowing me to improve the squad vastly in the summer. Eriksen for £11mil was a fantastic signing, complemented with some good players for £2mil and under (regen CB and Fierro in particular) and a couple of good frees (Schelotto, Drenthe, Hoilett and Sanogo the pick).

Don't know if anyone has had Camilo Zuniga on this game but he was a great find for me, got him on loan 1st season and then signed him for 500k in the second. Stats aren't great but his performances are, always puts dangerous crosses in from the right and is capable of filling in at right back. Use him as a defensive winger in the more difficult games and he always performs.

In games like this I think it's key to have a good scouting network, that was one of the first things I did and it meant I got loads of suggestions about who to get.

Udinese are my Italian team on this, had a couple of great saves with them. You should stick it out with Sociedad though :pierre:

I'm gonna renew my contract for another season I think since I'm in my last year and everyone wants me to stay(I wanna be a club legend anyway). I'm not buying any players and I'm only going to sell one or two unhappy players to keep squad depth.

I'll probably get a leading youngster from the youth squad anyway so I don't need any signings. One guy named jose angel agirre is 17 and has 7 goals in the league this season, I bought a young centre back from barca for 575k and he's got leading potential and another guy from my youth squad is basically a left footed version of him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Louis.

I have Camilo Zuniga, got him for 750k and play him at right back.
Original post by JJames
Just reading this thread makes me want to load up the game. Damn you revision!

:laugh: Don't worry I'm in the same boat
Does anyone else have issues with offering new contracts and in relation to appearance bonus?

They'll want reasonable wages but then the old contract might be 5k in appearance bonus but in the new contract they'll want like 40k :eek:

And the regens I want/was looking at want ridiculous wages too. 17 year old, no first team experience and he wants 88k in wages.. wtf O_o
Reply 6173
Original post by Zerforax
Does anyone else have issues with offering new contracts and in relation to appearance bonus?

They'll want reasonable wages but then the old contract might be 5k in appearance bonus but in the new contract they'll want like 40k :eek:

And the regens I want/was looking at want ridiculous wages too. 17 year old, no first team experience and he wants 88k in wages.. wtf O_o

Use the 'lock' button to give what you think is acceptable. Also, if you are playing City they will ask for ridiculous wages and bonuses as they expect you can affod them :yep:
Original post by jackf1337
Well good luck on wherever you may apply!

What're you interested in doing? (Assuming you're going to Uni after your gap year)

Maths, haha, I hope I am, else i'm a bit screwed!
Original post by Mess.
Use the 'lock' button to give what you think is acceptable. Also, if you are playing City they will ask for ridiculous wages and bonuses as they expect you can affod them :yep:

Mmm true I guess. My wage bill is 3mil at the moment, been given a 5mil budget but I can max it out to 7mil if I get rid of my transfer budget :colondollar:
Reply 6176
Lucas' morale never goes above 'fairly good' for me despite him enjoying training, playing for Liverpool, starting ever game, enjoying the players he plays with, favouring me and Liverpool and we are winning pretty much every game :rolleyes:
Original post by Mess.

least you ca see his attributes lol i click attributes on gerrard ad nothig will happen lol
Reply 6178
I want to move onto my FM12 save with Valencia, 2 points clear at top of La Liga with about 6/7 games left to play. Real Madrid are in seriously good form though.

Jonas was on fire until november when some douche injured him and he was out for 3 months, had a very slow comeback. Soldado has been incredible and I bought Javi Garcia from Benfica as a replacement for Albelda who I'll prob let go at the end of the season. Rami and Ruiz are also playing brilliantly when they aren't suspended.

Anyone else who plays a Spanish team: doesn't it annoy the hell out of you that 90% of the referee's are drama queens who insist on booking 10 players per match? Couple that with 3 bookings = a 1 match suspension, and two bookings in the cup!

EDIT: Anyone got any recommended teams to play as? Teams that have a couple of great players and a little bit of money to work with. If there's one thing that pisses me off about Valencia it's selling everyone and begging the board for 250k to scrape a transfer together.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
Lucas' morale never goes above 'fairly good' for me despite him enjoying training, playing for Liverpool, starting ever game, enjoying the players he plays with, favouring me and Liverpool and we are winning pretty much every game :rolleyes:

I think some players are notoriously difficult to motivate. I've found Darren Bent and Michael Essien both miserable buggers :P

Latest