The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhuTom
I want to move onto my FM12 save with Valencia, 2 points clear at top of La Liga with about 6/7 games left to play. Real Madrid are in seriously good form though.

Jonas was on fire until november when some douche injured him and he was out for 3 months, had a very slow comeback. Soldado has been incredible and I bought Javi Garcia from Benfica as a replacement for Albelda who I'll prob let go at the end of the season. Rami and Ruiz are also playing brilliantly when they aren't suspended.

Anyone else who plays a Spanish team: doesn't it annoy the hell out of you that 90% of the referee's are drama queens who insist on booking 10 players per match? Couple that with 3 bookings = a 1 match suspension, and two bookings in the cup!

EDIT: Anyone got any recommended teams to play as? Teams that have a couple of great players and a little bit of money to work with. If there's one thing that pisses me off about Valencia it's selling everyone and begging the board for 250k to scrape a transfer together.

Join the club. The referees are dickheads in la liga, my team always end up with 3 yellow cards each game.
Original post by Mess.
Lucas' morale never goes above 'fairly good' for me despite him enjoying training, playing for Liverpool, starting ever game, enjoying the players he plays with, favouring me and Liverpool and we are winning pretty much every game :rolleyes:

'Superb' with me. :pierre:
Original post by WhuTom
I want to move onto my FM12 save with Valencia, 2 points clear at top of La Liga with about 6/7 games left to play. Real Madrid are in seriously good form though.

Jonas was on fire until november when some douche injured him and he was out for 3 months, had a very slow comeback. Soldado has been incredible and I bought Javi Garcia from Benfica as a replacement for Albelda who I'll prob let go at the end of the season. Rami and Ruiz are also playing brilliantly when they aren't suspended.

Anyone else who plays a Spanish team: doesn't it annoy the hell out of you that 90% of the referee's are drama queens who insist on booking 10 players per match? Couple that with 3 bookings = a 1 match suspension, and two bookings in the cup!

EDIT: Anyone got any recommended teams to play as? Teams that have a couple of great players and a little bit of money to work with. If there's one thing that pisses me off about Valencia it's selling everyone and begging the board for 250k to scrape a transfer together.

I've never had a problem with the referee's in Spain. In Italy they seem to be ridiculous though.

And for your edit, definitely try Napoli. They have a few decent players that you can build a team around (Hamsik, Lavezzi, Cavani, Inler) and if you can keep the wage bill down below £800,000 a week then you'll be fine. I think I spent £45m on transfers in July and January of my first season, yet I still made a £9m profit for the year. In my second summer I got £34m to spend as well as having a £250,000 wage budget deficit. It's not too easy though because you need to revamp the whole defence and the major players you'd normally sign just aren't interested (yet).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6183
Martin Zeman collects a Derby free kick 60 yards out :colone:.

Dag and Red 1.jpg

Martin Zeman hits the back of the net :rolleyes:.

Dag and Red 2.jpg

The Daggers are 13th in the Championship with 4 games left, haven't been in the top half all season! Only 8 points off of 6th though, it would take miracles for me to make the play-offs.
Torres makes gets a goal in the merseyside derby! (for everton...)

Chelsea are letting me pay a mere 10% of his wages to get him on loan. He's not a bad back-up and hasn't had too many injury issues this season. Won't be signing him at the end though. £175k per week at chelsea is a joke for a player who wouldn't be/ isn't first choice at everton.
Reply 6185
First season at FC United pretty successful. Promoted to Blue Square North, and had a decent run in the FA Cup, got third round after winning against Scunthorpe and MK Dons, but lost to Blackburn :smile:
As much as I want to go on to completely storm the hall of fame with my current United side, I can see myself getting bored of the save should I go on to win the Prem this season. Do people reckon I should try and take a team up from the BSS or go abroad and try a completely different challenge? :holmes:
Original post by JJames
Just reading this thread makes me want to load up the game. Damn you revision!

I felt the same thing, and have just fired up the game. :colondollar:
Reply 6188
Won the treble this season, FA Cup, EURO Cup and the League Cup. Came 4th in the league too which means Champions League next year!!! Woooo. Brilliant team ATM. Can't wait for some of the youngsters to get better.
Original post by Peachz
Won the treble this season, FA Cup, EURO Cup and the League Cup. Came 4th in the league too which means Champions League next year!!! Woooo. Brilliant team ATM. Can't wait for some of the youngsters to get better.

What team?
Reply 6190
Managed to get Liverpools wages down to £66m a year at the beginning of the 3rd season despite Llorente, Hamsik and Hazard being on about £300,000 a week between them.
2 games left in my season, fighting for 4th place, going to go down to the wire!
Currently in Manchester City's backroom staff: Patrick Vieira, Wayne Rooney, Ganso, Sol Campbell, Gilles Grimandi, Leon Osman, Stefan Jovetic, Aron Gunnarsson and Marouane Chamakh. :lol:
Reply 6193
:rofl2: I always try and get old players in my backroom even if they aren't quite as good :mmm:
Original post by Mess.
:rofl2: I always try and get old players in my backroom even if they aren't quite as good :mmm:

I currently have Luka Modric, John Terry, Goran Pandev, Iker Casillas and Diego Lugano...:colondollar:
Original post by Mess.
Managed to get Liverpools wages down to £66m a year at the beginning of the 3rd season despite Llorente, Hamsik and Hazard being on about £300,000 a week between them.

What about bonuses?

My staff costs are £27m/year. Wages and bonuses equates to £160m, in a season where the double was won.
Reply 6196
Original post by Kevmeister
What about bonuses?

My staff costs are £27m/year. Wages and bonuses equates to £160m, in a season where the double was won.

Is there a quick way to check the bonus costs? I imagine they could be fairly substantial, I made sure to get Hamsik and Llorente down from £40,000 an appearance to about £10k-£15k.
I have contemplating whether or not to buy Football Manager 2012. I would like to know if the results of your chosen team are determined by the implementations you make mixed with a small amount of randomised events; such as a player picking up an injury during training or is the game scripted to a certain extent? By this I mean will you be certain to lose specific games no matter what formations and tactics you decide to use?

Thanks
Reply 6198
It isn't scripted so you will lose specific games no matter what. It's a simulation.
Reply 6199
Almost feel a bit sorry for Paris.

Going into the last games of our CL groups I was on 5 points, Paris on 4 and Sporting on 3. Bayern had trounced everyone and were on 13.

Paris beat a full strength Bayern away from home, only for me to beat Sporting. Sorry guys.

Anyone else in Spain found Madrid to be ridiculously good? Won the league both seasons so far, 103 and 90 points, and they've got 40 from a possible 45 so far this season. Gonna be a while before i'm competing with them I think :colonhash:

Latest