Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Football Manager Society II

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 47 followers

(Original post by zxh800)
    How do people set up their scouts? Do you have each scout looking for a specific position? Or do you spread them out by nation?
    I tend to set them up by nation, looking for U18s with 3/4* potential. I also have a scout that roams about but always call upon if I'm looking to get a report on a player who is already well established (for example, he's telling me Gotze would be interested in signing and Dortmund would be willing to let him go for £18mill!). I also like to have a scout or two looking at the U18s league in England and Spain.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do people set up their scouts? Do you have each scout looking for a specific position? Or do you spread them out by nation?
    By nation. So the people who know a certain area do well there. E.g. juan gomez has 20 potential and 20 judging ability but knows argentina well, so I get him to do assignments in south america.

Karembeu knows france, so I let him do assingments in europe.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    What do you guys think?

The second guy (Sergio) I got on a free. :holmes:
    16 and he's got stats like that :coma:, I swear down some of the regens in this game are ridiculous.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get to the FA Cup final 2-0 with goals from a young winger picked up from United's U18s and James Vaughan. Incidentally, both goals were the player's first for the club.

Going well in the league. 8th game in hand and 5 points behind Everton in 7th.

Got my first youth intake and they were all terrible bar 3.

Did manage to increase stadium capacity to 37000 after winning the Carling Cup and am always pressing the board to better my youth facilities.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    16 and he's got stats like that :coma:, I swear down some of the regens in this game are ridiculous.
    I know. He's going to be incredible if he develops.

Luis Enrique just scored on his debut...with a free-kick. :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Left Celtic after three seasons, done the treble the first two, and the quadruple in the last (Beat SLB in Euro Cup Final )

Now at Athletico Madrid, top of the league, 10 games unbeaten (W8 D2)
    Only downside.. Consortium are attempting a takeover, and say they'll place Mark Hughes as manager :facepalm:

Edit: Survived the takeover and finished second, one point behind Barca, decent.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah scouts are normally sent out by nation based on their country knowledge (which I sometimes train up myself by sending them places) mostly just scouting the country and the under 18s leagues. One with the highest adaptability goes on a world / region scout and one with high tactical knowledge scouting next opposition
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do people think is more important for a striker, composure or finishing?
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do people think is more important for a striker, composure or finishing?
    Finishing. The guy gets composure with age like other mental attributes. Finishing is hard to develop. Even if you have good composure, you'll be hitting the keeper or the post because of your poor finishing.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're both pretty important!

But I think a natural finisher with no composure would perform better than one who had composure but poor finishing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do some regens naturally have traits when they come into the game or must they be learned eg "Curls ball" which has to be learned from a tutor, what if they all retire before it's passed on?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhuTom)
    Do some regens naturally have traits when they come into the game or must they be learned eg "Curls ball" which has to be learned from a tutor, what if they all retire before it's passed on?
    Well could you not have a real player teach it to a regen and then use that regen to teach it to another regen later in the game?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some regens do start with PPM's from my experience.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went home for Easter, think I put Steam online for some reason and then didn't take it off.

Came back to halls, now whenever I try and play it it tries to update Steam for a couple of seconds then says 'could not connect to steam network', and when I press start in offline mode it just tells me 'could not connect to steam network' again.

Thing is I actually have internet in halls (through a cable), it's how i'm posting here, but Steam doesn't seem to recognise this, so I can't go online to turn Steam offline so I can actually play the game.

Any ideas? :puppyeyes:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try restarting with the ethernet cable attached, then steam should recognize that you're using a different network to connect to the net.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Try restarting with the ethernet cable attached, then steam should recognize that you're using a different network to connect to the net.
    Thats what I'm doing at the moment, it's just steam doesn't seem to acknowledge that connection, even though it did before Easter. Should never have taken it off offline mode :sigh:

Cheers though :yy:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still depend almost entirely on my lone striker for goals without even a premier league quality replacement striker if he's injured, but bloody hell, 74 goals in a season is insane.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	143602  
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Thats what I'm doing at the moment, it's just steam doesn't seem to acknowledge that connection, even though it did before Easter. Should never have taken it off offline mode :sigh:

Cheers though :yy:
    Very strange - have you got the option to turn off your wireless adapter? Worth a shot.

I just leave FM on all the time now due to this issue. Laptop only gets restarted when absolutely necessary.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting a runtime error, does anybody know the solution for it?
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I keep getting a runtime error, does anybody know the solution for it?
    With so little information to go on, no. If you say what the error message says, and if there's a certain point at which it keeps happening (e.g. if it's always happening when you start a match or go to a certain screen or something), maybe.

(Original post by Louis.)
    Went home for Easter, think I put Steam online for some reason and then didn't take it off.

Came back to halls, now whenever I try and play it it tries to update Steam for a couple of seconds then says 'could not connect to steam network', and when I press start in offline mode it just tells me 'could not connect to steam network' again.

Thing is I actually have internet in halls (through a cable), it's how i'm posting here, but Steam doesn't seem to recognise this, so I can't go online to turn Steam offline so I can actually play the game.

Any ideas? :puppyeyes:
    Being able to connect to the internet doesn't in itself mean it's possible for some programs to work. Unis deliberately block ports used by games, torrent clients and other things that can be particularly large drains on bandwidth. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8571-GLVN-8711 may be helpful, but I think you might be stuffed unless you can connect (even temporarily) from another network...so if you're on a laptop, head off to a free wifi hotspot or something.
Updated: August 26, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.