The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Old Trafford is now 100,000 exactly :colone:
Reply 6641
Xabi Alonso now plays for United on my game :colonhash: I wanted to bring him back but I was not giving a 33 year old £100,000 a week :colonhash:
Original post by Mess.
Are you Liverpool? Wait until the end of the season, it'll probably get blocked by planning permission :sigh: I had a 5000 seat extension blocked at the end of the season :rolleyes:

So I am now going to have to try and save up for about 10 seasons to get a new stadium.

Moved to Real Madrid at the end of the 2020 season. They have 94267 seats already. I don't want 733 extra seats, I want 100k seats in total. :colone:
Reply 6643
Original post by Mr.Messy
Moved to Real Madrid at the end of the 2020 season. They have 94267 seats already. I don't want 733 extra seats, I want 100k seats in total. :colone:

I feel too close to Liverpool to ever leave them, I want to be there long enough so my son comes through the academy and hopefully the new stadium gets named after me :colone:
Original post by Mess.
I feel too close to Liverpool to ever leave them, I want to be there long enough so my son comes through the academy and hopefully the new stadium gets named after me :colone:

Is this possible on FM? :confused:

If it is I'm with you :colone: I want "The Angry Cucumber Stadium" for LFC :wink:

Or something like that :rofl:
Original post by Angry cucumber

If it is I'm with you :colone: I want "The Angry Cucumber Stadium" for LFC :wink:

If you're there long enough and have great success too :h:

I'd love to see that as a name of any stadium :gah:
Reply 6646

:yep: Once you have been there for years and you are a legend, if you get a stadium built there is a good chance it will be named after you, same as having a son come through the youth academy.

Would be a great stadium name though :awesome:
Reply 6647
I once got City to name a new stadium after me. I promptly stopped playing the save before I ruined it.
Original post by Mess.
:yep: Once you have been there for years and you are a legend, if you get a stadium built there is a good chance it will be named after you, same as having a son come through the youth academy.

Would be a great stadium name though :awesome:

Damn, I'm staying at real sociedad for another ten years. I'll be a legend, plus I want to have my son come through the youth academy and play him in every game. Do they say the guy is your son?
Managed to win the FA Cup 2-1 after extra time. Went 1-0 down in about the 55th mindue to a Parker 20 yard strike :colonhash: (he keeps scoring in Tottenham vs Norwich matches as in our first game he scored an own goal to make us draw 1-1 and keep our unbeaten run going.

I promptly brought Hoolahan on and changed to a narrower, more direct formation (same tactics still - counter with rigid positions, usually play this with a 4-4-2) and it paid off almost immediately with Holt scoring an equaliser.

In the 115th min of the match, I brought Morison on for Pilkington and he provided Holt with the assist in the 120th minute! This was the first time I beat Spurs as well :^_^:
Reply 6650
Original post by jam277
Damn, I'm staying at real sociedad for another ten years. I'll be a legend, plus I want to have my son come through the youth academy and play him in every game. Do they say the guy is your son?

He has your surname and you are in the favoured personnell. I've never stayed at a club long enough to get one myself but this is the save where it happens!
Original post by Mess.
He has your surname and you are in the favoured personnell. I've never stayed at a club long enough to get one myself but this is the save where it happens!

And is a wonderkid IIRC. :holmes:
Reply 6652
Original post by Champagne Supernova

Really :beard: I was hoping that as they were going to get played every game regardless :awesome:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

This is brilliant!!

Might take me a long time though, it's taken half a term to do one season! :tongue: But once my Exams are finished well..... I shan't be seen for weeks :colone:
Original post by Mess.
Really :beard: I was hoping that as they were going to get played every game regardless :awesome:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. :awesome:
Reply 6655
Anyone on Twitter may like to follow this guy:

https://twitter.com/#!/FMProbs
Reply 6656
Original post by Mo-Amin
Anyone on Twitter may like to follow this guy:

https://twitter.com/#!/FMProbs

LOL

I. Just. Can't. Win. At. Old. Trafford. #FM12 #FMProblems

Played at Old Trafford once, won once :tongue: (My first and only save so far is a non-English save)
Reply 6657

It'd end up being named 'Cucumber Park' or something like that. It takes your surname and a generic stadium name (stadium, park, arena, things like that). Stadiums can also be named after any other club legends - I had one save where Arsenal had 'Adams Stadium' and Chelsea had 'Zola Park'. Other teams had their stadiums named after the club, with the worst one I found being 'Man City Stadium'...though at least even that would be slightly better than 'Man Utd Stadium' which would be a really crap stadium name :biggrin:

Original post by Champagne Supernova
Can be, but it's not guaranteed. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2010-players/29748-so-ever-had-son-3.html#post444109 is one example that looks crap from the start and has three likely career prospects - the player gets sentimental and keeps him around even though he's obviously ****, or he gets dumped and spends the rest of his career rotting away in the lower leagues, or he gets dumped and can't get another club and is so disillusioned about life as a footballer that he retires in his teens or early twenties.
But on the other hand, http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/265732-Sons-(blatant-show-off-thread)?p=6813698&viewfull=1#post6813698 is pretty awesome and has had a very successful career at the top level.

To be more specific, right from the mouth of an SI employee:
Every manager in the game has the same chance of getting a newgen created that is basically his "son". These newgens are technically exactly like other newgens, so they have the same chances of being busts or wonderkids or just average youth products than any other newgen created at the club.
And this does refer to all managers in the game, not just you as the player - I've seen a report of Brede Hangeland going into management and having a son in his youth team.
Admittedly, I kinda hope the code has a lower limit on how old the manager can be to get a son. I'd be a little worried if I create a 25-year-old manager and a little over a year later when youth candidates come up, there's a 16-year-old who's my 'son'. If that were the case, I'd have been pregnant when I was 9 :afraid:
Dalimyr
:shakecane:

Thanks for the info, very interesting. :beard:
Just finished my first season in 7th and won Manager of the Year even though I didn't win any Manager of the Months (even during my 21 game unbeaten run).

I've got Sanogo coming in the summer and I've got to clear out some of the team.

Latest