The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6660
The Club World Championship is such a feel-good competition!

It's great how I can struggle at Craven Cottage and then go play in this over-hyped competition, beating Casablanca 9-0.

On the flipside: Fixture congestion while several of my players seem to have caught viruses (despite me sending them home so as not to spread it)
(edited 12 years ago)
What the hell am I doing, it's 4 am and I'm playing FM....
Reply 6662
Does anyone know if saying your player will win an award actually has an effect?

It's the only plausible reason why Ashley Young just grabbed World Player of the Year in 2013, surely?
I mean he has been incredible for me but I'm still surprised...
(edited 12 years ago)
Always nice when your next four EPL games are:

Arsenal (A)
Stoke (A)
Man United (A)
Man City (A)

:rolleyes: :erm:
Definitely regret playing FM til the early hours of the morning when I was so tired.

In my Tottenham game they built a new stadium called Tottenham Stadium, very creative.
Got off to a magnificent start with Newcastle too, I have no idea why but the tactics I used worked straight away and I ended up finishing second in the league by goal difference! Cant see it happening this season though, just got lucky I guess!
Original post by KingMessi
Always nice when your next four EPL games are:

Arsenal (A)
Stoke (A)
Man United (A)
Man City (A)

:rolleyes: :erm:

This game seems to throw all the hard teams at you at once tbh.
Reply 6666
Original post by Mo-Amin
Does anyone know if saying your player will win an award actually has an effect?

It's the only plausible reason why Ashley Young just grabbed World Player of the Year in 2013, surely?
I mean he has been incredible for me but I'm still surprised...
It doesn't impact the voting, but tipping your own player to win the award will give him a happy thought if that question is considered the big one from the press conference (which stupidly they tend to do even if you're in LLM - why a manager in the BSN/BSS would be asked who's going to win the Ballon D'Or in the first place is beyond me, but then that is almost always thought to be the biggest question asked - you just got beaten 5-0 by your local rivals because they bribed the ref before the match and he duly sent off two or three of your men for soft challenges, disallowed your valid goals and gave them penalties, offside goals and all that, but instead of making you dwell on the loss and the controversial decisions, the reporters seem to think it's much more important that you think Lionel Messi was the best player in the world for the year :rolleyes: It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever)

And for the hell of it, I've gone back to Championship Manager 2010 just for a laugh. It is so bloody awful :biggrin: Loaded up my old save from 2009 and saw that I was daft enough to spend £20m on a 19-year-old Mario Balotelli (though he doesn't seem to be the massively negative influence that he is in real life). I certainly wouldn't be considering that these days :lol: I'm also not sure what I was thinking back then as I've let Rafael go off on loan to Barcelona, and I brought in some Greek guy on a free as a replacement because I thought he was better than Gary Neville :erm:
Here's a scout report on John Fleck (Rangers midfielder): "We should not sign John Fleck, who is not as good as our current players. Relative to our current group of players he has a huge amount of potential and could become a established first team player in the future."...so he has the potential to be a regular first-team player for Man Utd, but they shouldn't sign him because he's not good enough? What?
(edited 12 years ago)
Got 2 more friendlies before my season starts against Man City in the Community Shield with my first league game 6 days later against...Man City :colonhash:

Just need to get rid of a few more players including Wilbraham and Guti who just won't leave - luckily Wilbraham's only got a year to run on his contract although I stupidly made Guti sign a 2 year extention so his expires next season :facepalm:. Also trying to get rid of Bradley Johnson for 3 million - got an offer from Birmingham, but they're going to pay over 48 months with nothing up front.
Reply 6668
I want my son to come through the academy :cry2:.

Does it always happen, or it a bit of a freak occurrence?

Also, given that I'm new to FM this year, is there a limit on the number of years that you can be in management? I mean, I started off as a 25 or 26 year old manager, and I'm now 35... do I have to retire at around 2060 or 2070?
Original post by Nut.
I want my son to come through the academy :cry2:.

Does it always happen, or it a bit of a freak occurrence?

Also, given that I'm new to FM this year, is there a limit on the number of years that you can be in management? I mean, I started off as a 25 or 26 year old manager, and I'm now 35... do I have to retire at around 2060 or 2070?

You just keep going. A few people on other forums have been to 2200+.
Reply 6670
Original post by CB91

Awesome.

Would the screen say "200 year old manager X" ? :tongue:
Reply 6671
Your age stops at 100 iirc.
Original post by CB91

How the hell have they had the time to play that far?

Unbeaten run still going, although only just. 1-1 at home to Burnley, last minute screamer from Aleksander Tunchev. Hit the woodwork 4 times in the second half :argh:
Reply 6673
Original post by Alofleicester
How the hell have they had the time to play that far?

Unbeaten run still going, although only just. 1-1 at home to Burnley, last minute screamer from Aleksander Tunchev. Hit the woodwork 4 times in the second half :argh:

I imagine they holiday-ed through a heck of a lot of it.

Must admit I've been tempted to just set my laptop aside for a couple of days and see what the world of virtual football looks like in 100 years. :moon:
Original post by Nut.
I imagine they holiday-ed through a heck of a lot of it.

Must admit I've been tempted to just set my laptop aside for a couple of days and see what the world of virtual football looks like in 100 years. :moon:

Possibly, but it took me about a days worth of holidaying just to get to 2040 (my laptops a bit rubbish mind - so much music, so little memory space.)
Reply 6675
Possibly, but it took me about a days worth of holidaying just to get to 2040 (my laptops a bit rubbish mind - so much music, so little memory space.)

Yeah, my problem is that I have too many leagues and players loaded at once. :sad:
Original post by Nut.
Yeah, my problem is that I have too many leagues and players loaded at once. :sad:

Checking at the moment I have:
Brazil (two)
Mexico (two)
Germany (two)
Italy (two)
Spain (two)
France (three)
Portugal (three)
England (four)
Scotland (four)

No wonder it runs so slowly.
Reply 6677
Checking at the moment I have:
Brazil (two)
Mexico (two)
Germany (two)
Italy (two)
Spain (two)
France (three)
Portugal (three)
England (four)
Scotland (four)

No wonder it runs so slowly.

Yeah that would be why :tongue:

I'm on a holiday-oriented save at the moment (slowly building up my local team from the bottom league) so I've only got the English leagues loaded.
I'm currently into my 5th season with Milan and recently ive noticed that my debt has gone up by £50m or so. I was also asked by the media what they thought of the chairman wanting to sell the club, I can't interact with the board and in my latest monthly update they said "They ask for your continued patience while they deal with the speculation regarding the clubs future". So is a consortium close to making an offer? I've never had a takeover in any FM, so this is unknown territory for me.
Reply 6679
No idea, but keep us updated, I'm intrigued :beard:

Latest