The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CB91
I'm currently into my 5th season with Milan and recently ive noticed that my debt has gone up by £50m or so. I was also asked by the media what they thought of the chairman wanting to sell the club, I can't interact with the board and in my latest monthly update they said "They ask for your continued patience while they deal with the speculation regarding the clubs future". So is a consortium close to making an offer? I've never had a takeover in any FM, so this is unknown territory for me.

Just pray that it doesn't continue into the summer, as if a deal is likely you'll be under a transfer embargo.
Reply 6681
Original post by CB91
I'm currently into my 5th season with Milan and recently ive noticed that my debt has gone up by £50m or so. I was also asked by the media what they thought of the chairman wanting to sell the club, I can't interact with the board and in my latest monthly update they said "They ask for your continued patience while they deal with the speculation regarding the clubs future". So is a consortium close to making an offer? I've never had a takeover in any FM, so this is unknown territory for me.

I've always had a message before any takeovers on mine. :confused:

Like a warning that a takeover was potentially going to happen, and I'm not allowed to do any transfers in the mean time.
The rest of it sounds right though (the 'continued patience' bit).

Maybe in your case it's your chairman trying to offload the club, rather than someone coming in a trying to wrestle it off him, so it's a bit different?
Yeah, it sounds like the chairman (Berlusconi?) is looking to sell. :rolleyes: Whilst looking for a buyer he's not allowing interaction with the board maybe? The news feed will let you know if an offer comes in/is likely to come in. Once an offer comes in, you'll be under a transfer embargo. Also, make sure you're in a healthy position in the league/doing well in your games or the new chairman may give you the chop. If you do stay.. pray they're mega-rich :wink:
Original post by Kevmeister
Just pray that it doesn't continue into the summer, as if a deal is likely you'll be under a transfer embargo.

If I was put under a transfer embargo in the summer would my already agreed signings go through?

Original post by Nut.
I've always had a message before any takeovers on mine. :confused:

Like a warning that a takeover was potentially going to happen, and I'm not allowed to do any transfers in the mean time.
The rest of it sounds right though (the 'continued patience' bit).

Maybe in your case it's your chairman trying to offload the club, rather than someone coming in a trying to wrestle it off him, so it's a bit different?

I think it is Berlusconi wanting to sell tbh. I just hope if there is a take over the new chairman doesn't want someone else for the job. My team is in its prime (3 Serie A titles in a row, 7 points clear after 13 games, only dropped 4 points) and it would be annoying to see my team managed by someone else. :colonhash:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Yeah, it sounds like the chairman (Berlusconi?) is looking to sell. :rolleyes: Whilst looking for a buyer he's not allowing interaction with the board maybe? The news feed will let you know if an offer comes in/is likely to come in. Once an offer comes in, you'll be under a transfer embargo. Also, make sure you're in a healthy position in the league/doing well in your games or the new chairman may give you the chop. If you do stay.. pray they're mega-rich :wink:

No doubt Berlusconi wanting more money for bunga bunga parties. :colonhash:
Original post by CB91
No doubt Berlusconi wanting more money for bunga bunga parties. :colonhash:

:rofl: Definitely. :colonhash:

And based on your above post, you should be keeping your job. I'm guessing you have a 'World Class' reputation?
If I want a new job, should I wait till I'm offered or resign then look for someone to snap me up?

Played as Man City to get into the game but now I feel like I should try a new club, along with a few regens coming through since it's now 2014. I've been signing 1 year contracts with City, hoping someone else would offer me. I've been winning trophies so I was just surprised I'm not offered any jobs..
:rofl: Definitely. :colonhash:

And based on your above post, you should be keeping your job. I'm guessing you have a 'World Class' reputation?

Not yet sadly, only Mourinho has a World Class reputation. In second place is Nigeria's coach Emmanuel Ekwueme, with me being in third place. :lolwut:
WTF.

"AC Milan will name Marcelinho their new manager - if the consortium's bid to take control led by businessman Diego Lombardi proves successful."

I would be so angry if I got sacked. Might have to try and sign Marcelinho as an Assistant Manager. :colone:
Ouch. :frown:
Ouch. :frown:

Do you think if I sign Marcelinho as my Assistant Manager, I won't get sacked?

Can I even do that under a transfer embargo? :lolwut:
Just because it suggests they want to replace the manager, doesn't mean it'll happen. My board takeover at Leicester in 2011 they supposedly wanted to replace me with some Italian bloke, but I kept my job just fine.
Original post by Alofleicester
Just because it suggests they want to replace the manager, doesn't mean it'll happen. My board takeover at Leicester in 2011 they supposedly wanted to replace me with some Italian bloke, but I kept my job just fine.

I just beat Sampdoria 3-1 and Marcelinho was spotted in the stands. What a douche. :colonhash:
Original post by Zerforax
If I want a new job, should I wait till I'm offered or resign then look for someone to snap me up?

Played as Man City to get into the game but now I feel like I should try a new club, along with a few regens coming through since it's now 2014. I've been signing 1 year contracts with City, hoping someone else would offer me. I've been winning trophies so I was just surprised I'm not offered any jobs..

Let your contract run out and then apply for jobs.

If you have done well at city and won cups, if you express interest in managing a team who's manager is on the ropes, you'll often be offered the job :biggrin:

You won't be long out of management :smile:
A part of me likes seeing Liverpool falter under their new manager (Mourinho). No one can achieve what I've achieved at that club. Irreplaceable. :sexface:

I can see myself going back one day to clear up the mess and take them to lofty places again. :h:
Just been robbed by Inter. They have 4 shots and score 3 (including a penalty that was complete BS), I have 20 shots and score 2, whilst hitting the woodwork 4 times.
Reply 6696
Original post by CB91
Just been robbed by Inter. They have 4 shots and score 3 (including a penalty that was complete BS), I have 20 shots and score 2, whilst hitting the woodwork 4 times.

I bet Marcelinho loved every minute.
Original post by CB91

You are Liverpool, no?
Original post by CB91

That loss could swing the new chairmans opinion and Marcelinho swoops in. :zomg:
Bloody hell, a bit of a busy few days. First of all, Lombardi took over and is immediately upgrading the training and youth facilities as well as having "£78m pumped into the AC Milan coffers" (their words, not mine).

Just after that I get a message from Lombardi saying that he still plans to appoint a new manager. Luckily though, a few days later I get another message from him (after saying in the press that I plan to have a long working relationship with him :sexface:) saying that I can stay on as manager due to the immense support for me from the fan base.

So in other words, I survived the takeover.

You can have all the bunga bunga parties you want now Silvio. :coma:

Latest