Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Football Manager Society II

Announcements Posted on
Cast your vote for the Game of the Year awards! 20-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Torino's a good shout. Nothing like re-building Ill Grande Torino.
    Weirdly in a network game with my friend who is running napoli, torino got immediate promotion for the second season and are top of the table at christmas on an unbeaten run :s
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackf1337)
    Am I right in saying you're talking about Taarabt?

I had him on a previous save at Villa. He's a bit hit and miss. First season he scored 10 goals from AM, which I was delighted with, but only managed a solitary assist.
    He's quite selfish and generally shoots from range. I had injury trouble with him and when he recovered he put in a transfer request because I hadn't played him for 3 matches due to poor fitness. He's a problem player. I'd suggest sticking with Ireland/N'Zogbia in AM, or ironing out his poor attributes.
    Speaking of N'Zogbia, how are you getting on with him?
    I found him to be extremely poor on the left, I had Albrighton/Shaqiri on the right. Ended up getting dropped, offered him a loan out, asked for a transfer, booted into the reserves (he was crap in the reserves as well). Warnock left the following summer so I gave him the #3 shirt and stuck him at left back, where he was still mediocre at best, Clark and even a reserve I bought from Chelsea still outperformed him. Had a couple of games in AM/LW/RW (due to easy cup ties and injury crisis) and started to get better (lost my save after that).

Yeah it was Taarabt I was talking about. He played pretty well for a couple of matches, but then his performances dropped. I'm playing him from the bench mostly now and may look to get rid of him.
    Although he did say recently that he's looking to make a name for himself at Villa after he was overlooked for the Morocco squad!

N'Zogbia's actually playing really well, he's one of my most dangerous players. He was injured for a month so he's only played about 8 games, but if I remember rightly he's got 6 assists and 3 goals, which isn't bad! That's from a left attacking midfield role.
    Albrighton is also awesome on the right side, he scores quite a lot of goals. He won September player of the month last month as well!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just went back on the game and found that I didn't save it before I quit last time I played, luckily it only meant I went 1 game back, and that was a 3-0 loss to Wolves.
    So I just played it again and lost 4-1! I genuinely don't know what i'm doing wrong, are some games made so that i'll just never win them no matter what I do?
    Wolves were 3-1 up after 16 minutes! and Ebanks-Blake had a hattrick before half time!

I really don't know. I don't understand how I can beat Arsenal, but concede 5 goals to Blackburn and 4 to Wolves! Nothing I try seems to work against these underdog teams. I wouldn't say it's any sort of complacency or anything, and i've tried a defensive-counter approach, and i've tried a fluid attacking approach. It's like i'm just not meant to win, and if that's the case then what's the point of playing?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's my birthday (IRL) tomorrow and I'm about 2-3 weeks behind it in the game calendar :P I won the title on my birthday (in game birthday) and I thought it would mention something like that - the game system is pretty intelligent - but nought
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I just check: the lowest English leagues in FM are Bet Square North and Bet Square South right?
    Because I can't see a league lower than that, yet I've led Boreham Wood from BSS to the PL in consecutive promotions and haven't had the FM achievement
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    My youngster. :coma:

Them physical stats. :coma:

9 goals in 19 games this season. :coma:
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tietz.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	144275  
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nut.)
    Can I just check: the lowest English leagues in FM are Bet Square North and Bet Square South right?
    Because I can't see a league lower than that, yet I've led Boreham Wood from BSS to the PL in consecutive promotions and haven't had the FM achievement
    They are, unless you add extra leagues on through the editor.

You said you'd just holidayed through the seasons though didn't you? - It might not acknowledge that as completing the challenge.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Through to the FA Cup 4th Round after some nice draws saw my Truro side overcome Hinckley and then Kidderminster (after a replay).

Hereford up next. :coma:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    They are, unless you add extra leagues on through the editor.

You said you'd just holidayed through the seasons though didn't you? - It might not acknowledge that as completing the challenge.
    Urgh. Yeah I bet that's it.
    :grumble:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Players' personalities play a bigger role now, wrt the team talk. Some players are self motivating and just need a 'vote of confidence' by saying you have faith in them - Messi is like that, as is Iniesta.

As well as the overall team talk I tend to talk to players who showed no reaction, depending on their position - if a GK doesn't react then I just leave him to it, but if a key player doesn't then I try to motivate them esp if it's either a derby or a tough away game.

If your team is playing below par then try holding a team meeting to bring them back in line. Are you fining under-performing players after matches? Sometimes that'll spur them into a good run of form.
    Ahh I see, fair enough.
    Different players do favour certain types of talk I've found so yeah.

I might try individual talks like that, I don't usually do.

My team's doing fine to be honest, unbeaten in almost 50 matches - I'm just concerned I could get more out of them :P

(Original post by Cll_ws)
    Yeah it was Taarabt I was talking about. He played pretty well for a couple of matches, but then his performances dropped. I'm playing him from the bench mostly now and may look to get rid of him.
    Although he did say recently that he's looking to make a name for himself at Villa after he was overlooked for the Morocco squad!
    I'll second what Jack's said about Taarabt - he has some talent but he's selfish and has an unpleasant personality. Could definitely find someone better.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hereford spanked me and then Chippenham piled on the misery to wallop me 5-1 the following game.

5 games to go and a point behind Oxford City who are currently top, with them still to come to me.

Signed another 17-year-old striker on a free from Lewes and he's been banging them in. Attempts to hire Marcus Stewart from Exeter as a Player/AssMan were fruitless, however. :sad:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've started a game Chelmsford City in the Blue Square South. I decided it'd be a bit more fun than my Aston Villa save. I chose them because they wear the same colour as Villa and were nicknamed 'The Clarets' :lol:

Pre-season was pretty good, only narrowly lost to Hearts 2-1, beat Grimsby 3-0, and just lost to West Ham reserves 3-2.

I've played 6 games so far in the league, won every one and got manager of the month award :ahee:

I signed a striker called Javlon Campbell after one of those England Trialist games, and he scores a load.
    And my 2 central midfielders (Corcoran and Rainford) are banging in goals from 25 yards every other game! They're my 2 joint top goalscorers!

So it's all going to plan so far!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Vrsaljko tripped Noone"

It took me a second to realise Noone was a Watford player's name, I'd initially thought the game was just being tarded...
    • 52 followers

I've started a game Chelmsford City in the Blue Square South. I decided it'd be a bit more fun than my Aston Villa save. I chose them because they wear the same colour as Villa and were nicknamed 'The Clarets' :lol:

Pre-season was pretty good, only narrowly lost to Hearts 2-1, beat Grimsby 3-0, and just lost to West Ham reserves 3-2.

I've played 6 games so far in the league, won every one and got manager of the month award :ahee:

I signed a striker called Javlon Campbell after one of those England Trialist games, and he scores a load.
    And my 2 central midfielders (Corcoran and Rainford) are banging in goals from 25 yards every other game! They're my 2 joint top goalscorers!

So it's all going to plan so far!
    My local team, do me proud :sly:

I had also planned to do a save taking them to the Prem in the summer (after exams ofc), so naturally I'll chart your progress :holmes: Good luck!

Rainford has better be your captain by the way, he's a beast :hmmm:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I checked, and I have an in-game son! :woo:

Although he's 15, and I'm 32 :lol:, and he's also **** .
    Wanna him keep him around for sentimental reasons obv though.

Has anybody ever had two or even three sons come through the academy? (It would be nice to have a world beater. :teeth:)
    • 52 followers

(Original post by Nut.)
    So I checked, and I have an in-game son! :woo:

Although he's 15, and I'm 32 :lol:, and he's also **** .
    Wanna him keep him around for sentimental reasons obv though.

Has anybody ever had two or even three sons come through the academy? (It would be nice to have a world beater. :teeth:)
    Same surname and in your favoured personnel? :zomg:

And ha, better get him on some intensive training :p:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    My local team, do me proud :sly:

I had also planned to do a save taking them to the Prem in the summer (after exams ofc), so naturally I'll chart your progress :holmes: Good luck!

Rainford has better be your captain by the way, he's a beast :hmmm:
    Yeah he's my captain! he's unreal!
    I just won my 8th league game, 8 wins out of 8! :cool:

It was a close one though. Losing 1-0 up until the 80th minute when we equalised. And then instead of settling for a draw, in an attempt to maintain my winning streak (Chelmsford's record for most in a row may I add!) I decided to switch to 'Overload', and in the 89th minute got the winner! It was a great moment, or as I stated in my press conference "what football's all about" :lol:

Also, Adam Tann and Kenny Clark at the back! They've both been awesome so far, 3 goals each so far in 8 games!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Same surname and in your favoured personnel? :zomg:

And ha, better get him on some intensive training :p:
    Yup :yep: he's called Billy.

He's aggressive, and fairly quick (16 for agg, 15 for pace and acc at age 15, and his tackling is okish... he's a DR, so there may yet be hope )
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nut.)
    Although he's 15, and I'm 32 :lol:
    Having a kid at 17 isn't all that strange nowadays!
    Got that out of the way early so that you could focus on your managerial career!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Having a kid at 17 isn't all that strange nowadays!
    Got that out of the way early so that you could focus on your managerial career!
    Haha true

Maybe if I play this save for long enough he'll go into management and I'll have grandkids playing under my manager-ship... :moon:
Updated: August 26, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.