Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Football Manager Society II

Announcements Posted on
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when I'm proved wrong. Kevmeister (if I spelt your username wrong I apologise) said that Hazard would miss a couple of months a season through injury.... he's out for 7 weeks

And Downing is out for 4 weeks meaning Suarez is my only left winger left!!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cll_ws)
    i mostly use a 4-1-4-1 formation. Well it's more of a 4-1-2-2-1, with a defensive midfielder, 2 centre midfielders, 2 attacking wingers and a lone striker up front.
    I was playing bent upfront on his own as well, i didn't have much of a choice though as agbonlahor got injured for 5 months and i sold heskey! but weimann wasn't bad either, he scored a few goals when he played (he was the lone striker for a few games after bent got injured for a few weeks!)
    You did what?!

• 52 followers

I haven't had injury problems with Hazard. :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Touch wood.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    I hate it when I'm proved wrong. Kevmeister (if I spelt your username wrong I apologise) said that Hazard would miss a couple of months a season through injury.... he's out for 7 weeks

And Downing is out for 4 weeks meaning Suarez is my only left winger left!!
    He's at Birmingham (the team I brought up to the EPL) in my game with Mourinhio in charge.

I know Mourinhio said that he wanted to come back to English football but come on
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    He's at Birmingham (the team I brought up to the EPL) in my game with Mourinhio in charge.

I know Mourinhio said that he wanted to come back to English football but come on
    :rofl: Overkill much :rofl:

:rofl: and at Birmingham :rofl:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Overkill much :rofl:

:rofl: and at Birmingham :rofl:
    He's currently on a goal drought

You think that's good, Stoke have Frank Lampard (who's now worth £300k) and Michael Owen in charge :lolwut:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You did what?!

I know, I know. My scout said that "despite his advancing age, he is still a good player" - So I got rid of him and the scout :lol:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    I know, I know. My scout said that "despite his advancing age, he is still a good player" - So I got rid of him and the scout :lol:
    I would have snapped him up in an instant
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    that's exactly what Martin O'Neill did (unsurprisingly!) for £1million.
    More than Villa are going to get for him in real life that's for sure!

To be fair to him, he was our best player against Bolton the other day :lol:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Crawley town, 3 successive promotions, now in the Champions league! My proudest FM achievement to date
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    that's exactly what Martin O'Neill did (unsurprisingly!) for £1million.
    More than Villa are going to get for him in real life that's for sure!

To be fair to him, he was our best player against Bolton the other day :lol:
    Haha

He's still got it
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    FML..

Stumbled in the league but I realised I had easy games for first 1/3 of season, all my hard games in next 1/3 and my final 8 games are all easier (Spurs are the hardest, the rest of mid-bottom table).

All the favourites knocked out of the FA cup, only Spurs could be difficult in the FA cup too.

Unfortunately, no such luck in the CL. I beat Real Madrid in the first knock out. Drawn Man Utd in the QF and if I do win the tie, I will then most likely go on to face Barcelona :facepalm:

Guess I'll be losing my CL run this season
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

You think that's good, Stoke have Frank Lampard (who's now worth £300k) and Michael Owen in charge :lolwut:
    I signed Michael Owen to my Arsenal side and then he stayed on as a coach. I don't think he'll ever leave!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Mammoth)
    I signed Michael Owen to my Arsenal side and then he stayed on as a coach. I don't think he'll ever leave!
    Is he a good coach?

Dirk Kuyt - an amazing coach!! Most of his coaching stats are 15< !!!
    (other than defending..... you can't expect a striker/winger to be a defence coach )
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    FML..

Stumbled in the league but I realised I had easy games for first 1/3 of season, all my hard games in next 1/3 and my final 8 games are all easier (Spurs are the hardest, the rest of mid-bottom table).

All the favourites knocked out of the FA cup, only Spurs could be difficult in the FA cup too.

Unfortunately, no such luck in the CL. I beat Real Madrid in the first knock out. Drawn Man Utd in the QF and if I do win the tie, I will then most likely go on to face Barcelona :facepalm:

Guess I'll be losing my CL run this season
    I knocked out Bayern (despite them staging a second half comeback in the second leg - finished 5-4 to me in the end ) only to have Barca waiting for me in the next round
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is he a good coach?

(other than defending..... you can't expect a striker/winger to be a defender )
    Nah he's not amazing. Mostly 12s and 13s although Man Management is 18 which is quite good. Martin Keown is a great coach if you're looking for some former legends too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Stoke have Antonio Valencia and Danny Welbeck on my save, and I'm only 4 seasons in, they signed them both for £2.5m each....
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just lost 7-6 to Barca on aggregate :rolleyes:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Playing as deportivo now. I keep thinking I've lowered the speed setting on my game, but no, my squad is just that slow.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is he a good coach?

(other than defending..... you can't expect a striker/winger to be a defence coach )
    A shame he didn't turn out like that for me . I brought home to Feyenoord about 7 seasons in to Coach the kids just for sentimental reasons, his coaching was average at best.
Updated: August 26, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.