Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Football Manager Society II

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when I'm proved wrong. Kevmeister (if I spelt your username wrong I apologise) said that Hazard would miss a couple of months a season through injury.... he's out for 7 weeks

And Downing is out for 4 weeks meaning Suarez is my only left winger left!!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cll_ws)
    i mostly use a 4-1-4-1 formation. Well it's more of a 4-1-2-2-1, with a defensive midfielder, 2 centre midfielders, 2 attacking wingers and a lone striker up front.
    I was playing bent upfront on his own as well, i didn't have much of a choice though as agbonlahor got injured for 5 months and i sold heskey! but weimann wasn't bad either, he scored a few goals when he played (he was the lone striker for a few games after bent got injured for a few weeks!)
    You did what?!

• 32 followers

I haven't had injury problems with Hazard. :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Touch wood.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    I hate it when I'm proved wrong. Kevmeister (if I spelt your username wrong I apologise) said that Hazard would miss a couple of months a season through injury.... he's out for 7 weeks

And Downing is out for 4 weeks meaning Suarez is my only left winger left!!
    He's at Birmingham (the team I brought up to the EPL) in my game with Mourinhio in charge.

I know Mourinhio said that he wanted to come back to English football but come on
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    He's at Birmingham (the team I brought up to the EPL) in my game with Mourinhio in charge.

I know Mourinhio said that he wanted to come back to English football but come on
    :rofl: Overkill much :rofl:

:rofl: and at Birmingham :rofl:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Overkill much :rofl:

:rofl: and at Birmingham :rofl:
    He's currently on a goal drought

You think that's good, Stoke have Frank Lampard (who's now worth £300k) and Michael Owen in charge :lolwut:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You did what?!

I know, I know. My scout said that "despite his advancing age, he is still a good player" - So I got rid of him and the scout :lol:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    I know, I know. My scout said that "despite his advancing age, he is still a good player" - So I got rid of him and the scout :lol:
    I would have snapped him up in an instant
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    that's exactly what Martin O'Neill did (unsurprisingly!) for £1million.
    More than Villa are going to get for him in real life that's for sure!

To be fair to him, he was our best player against Bolton the other day :lol:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Crawley town, 3 successive promotions, now in the Champions league! My proudest FM achievement to date
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    that's exactly what Martin O'Neill did (unsurprisingly!) for £1million.
    More than Villa are going to get for him in real life that's for sure!

To be fair to him, he was our best player against Bolton the other day :lol:
    Haha

He's still got it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    FML..

Stumbled in the league but I realised I had easy games for first 1/3 of season, all my hard games in next 1/3 and my final 8 games are all easier (Spurs are the hardest, the rest of mid-bottom table).

All the favourites knocked out of the FA cup, only Spurs could be difficult in the FA cup too.

Unfortunately, no such luck in the CL. I beat Real Madrid in the first knock out. Drawn Man Utd in the QF and if I do win the tie, I will then most likely go on to face Barcelona :facepalm:

Guess I'll be losing my CL run this season
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

You think that's good, Stoke have Frank Lampard (who's now worth £300k) and Michael Owen in charge :lolwut:
    I signed Michael Owen to my Arsenal side and then he stayed on as a coach. I don't think he'll ever leave!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Mammoth)
    I signed Michael Owen to my Arsenal side and then he stayed on as a coach. I don't think he'll ever leave!
    Is he a good coach?

Dirk Kuyt - an amazing coach!! Most of his coaching stats are 15< !!!
    (other than defending..... you can't expect a striker/winger to be a defence coach )
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    FML..

Stumbled in the league but I realised I had easy games for first 1/3 of season, all my hard games in next 1/3 and my final 8 games are all easier (Spurs are the hardest, the rest of mid-bottom table).

All the favourites knocked out of the FA cup, only Spurs could be difficult in the FA cup too.

Unfortunately, no such luck in the CL. I beat Real Madrid in the first knock out. Drawn Man Utd in the QF and if I do win the tie, I will then most likely go on to face Barcelona :facepalm:

Guess I'll be losing my CL run this season
    I knocked out Bayern (despite them staging a second half comeback in the second leg - finished 5-4 to me in the end ) only to have Barca waiting for me in the next round
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is he a good coach?

(other than defending..... you can't expect a striker/winger to be a defender )
    Nah he's not amazing. Mostly 12s and 13s although Man Management is 18 which is quite good. Martin Keown is a great coach if you're looking for some former legends too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Stoke have Antonio Valencia and Danny Welbeck on my save, and I'm only 4 seasons in, they signed them both for £2.5m each....
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just lost 7-6 to Barca on aggregate :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Playing as deportivo now. I keep thinking I've lowered the speed setting on my game, but no, my squad is just that slow.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is he a good coach?

(other than defending..... you can't expect a striker/winger to be a defence coach )
    A shame he didn't turn out like that for me . I brought home to Feyenoord about 7 seasons in to Coach the kids just for sentimental reasons, his coaching was average at best.
Updated: August 26, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.