The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6800
My Chelmsford Blue Square Premier side just beat Bolton's first team 3-0 :tongue:
If that wasn't a fluke and my team actually are that good then I should be in the football league in no time! I have made quite a few signings this summer that people seem excited about
I'm guessing the other goal was an OG? Unless the goalie (I'm guessing Hart..?) had a moment of madness? :awesome:
Reply 6802
My right winger just got sent off for a two footed tackle.......

After 12 seconds!!!!!! :O

Literally, the players in the middle kicked off, passed it to their MCL and he hacked him down! :eek:

EDIT: Hahahahaha after 20 mins, one of their guys got a straight red for the same thing!! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
La liga's promoted teams are so weak, they're just there for me to up my goal difference. Just beat alcoyano 6-0 away from home and was 3-0 up after 4 minutes loool, beat them 5-2 in the fixture at anoeta earlier in the season.

I'm on that stupid winning streak in the second half of the season, otherwise known as 'man united/everton form.'
Ah yeah, hadn't spotted the DR was missing :colondollar:

Nathan Redmond turns into a quality winger :yes:
Still on the stupid man united style unbeaten run, 7 points behind madrid with 9 games to go, I still have madrid to play but madrid got bumped with their run, they have barca, then us, then they have to face valencia and athletico madrid as well. Reckon they'll win two of those games and lose the other two, so it could go down to the absolute wire. I can win the champions league this season and retain it 2 years in a row, I no longer care about the spanish cup in all honesty as the board see it as a minor trophy.
Even though Adam Johnson isn't that highly rated (2 to 2.5 star ability) he always seems to perform for me :biggrin:

Winning the FA cup semi final with a 2nd string side :colondollar:
Reply 6807
In the domestic cups I don't even play a second string side I play my best youth players and a couple of senior players in poor form. It normally ends up with about 6 players under the age of 17 :mmm:
Reply 6808
In 2020, Got Mansfield to the prem. Finsihed 3rd last season, but got annhilated by Marseille in Champs league qualifiers (best them first leg too :frown: )

Having a dreadful start to this season though :frown:
Original post by Mess.
In the domestic cups I don't even play a second string side I play my best youth players and a couple of senior players in poor form. It normally ends up with about 6 players under the age of 17 :mmm:

Yea it's probably more third string/youth players but a lot of my 2nd string are injured at the moment.

FML. I beat Barca at the Camp Nou 2-0 but then manage to lose to Fulham 1-0 :facepalm:

What should've been an easy last 8 games is now a must win/match Utd in the final 3 games.

Utd played Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in a row, figured they would drop points? Nope, only conceded 1 and scored about 8.
Got the Daggers up to League One, and signed Jay Simpson pemanently for 300k. Also signed Bradley Orr on a free. :h:
Reply 6811
I'm in my 2nd season at Leeds (still in the Championship) and got Jonathan Dos Santos and Isaac Cuenca on frees. It's ridiculous how as I championship club I can pay Dos Santos 20k but I wasn't able to do that for my best player at Feyenoord until I was in the bloody Champions League.
Away from home and in fairness I changed the entire team to 2nd string to rest the first team for the 2nd leg.

Barca scored from 2 corners and a mistake by one of my defenders. Thankfully I scored from a corner and a penalty so it finished 4-3 on aggregate.
Reply 6813
Original post by MHRed
In 2020, Got Mansfield to the prem. Finsihed 3rd last season, but got annhilated by Marseille in Champs league qualifiers (best them first leg too :frown: )

Having a dreadful start to this season though :frown:

I keep meaning to start up a stags save but don't get round to it
Wasn't that bad in the end. Few players hit form at the right time (including my CBs scoring goals :colondollar:) which means I waltzed through to the final and won it.

I should really play a more challenging game on FM but I never feel like I have the time to commit.
Reply 6815
Probably such a bad idea for me to re-install Football Manager just before exams! I'm already amazing at procrastinating, don't need another thing to do!

Currently with Swansea in the third year and vying for Europe. Built a really good squad with the likes of Pogba, Phil Jones, Jelle Vossen and Demba Ba, Kyle Naughton. Hopefully keep my current form up and grab a top 6 finish!
Vossen seems to be a really good buy on FM - had him on my Worcester and Plymouth saves.
Almir now has scored 520 goals for me in 521 games. He's still thirty years of age. :coma:
Drew Senegal in the group stages of the World Cup finals, they're ranked 6th or 7th. Terrified by the prospect of defending against Ba and Cisse.. :afraid:
Reply 6819
If we're talking about modern times, then Belgium have a pretty good team!

IIRC, they have Mignolet, Fellaini, Witsel, Kompany, Vermaelen, Hazard and Lukaku.

Latest