ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamageddon)
    Scotland just won it on my game.
    Good god.

I'm surprised the world hasn't ended in your game

What year?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Really struggled to get into a game in England or Spain so thought I'd try Bayern in Germany and it's such a fun save. The first team is probably second only to Real and Barca but the bench is thin and several key players are prone to injuries so getting the first XI out is rare but the juggling is fun and can be a challenge especially in the BL where about 8 teams compete for the top 4.

Robben :coma: more goals than games atm. SI have made him perfectly- he plays identical to real life.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the Blue Square Premier play-offs, about to start the semi final first leg against Gateshead.
    I haven't beaten them all season Lost to them twice in the league and they knocked me out of the FA Trophy, so i'm not sure how this is going to go.
    Funny thing is, last season when I was in a lower division I beat Gateshead in the FA Cup!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Good god.

I'm surprised the world hasn't ended in your game

What year?
    2012 haha. They beat spain.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aramiss18)
    Really struggled to get into a game in England or Spain so thought I'd try Bayern in Germany and it's such a fun save. The first team is probably second only to Real and Barca but the bench is thin and several key players are prone to injuries so getting the first XI out is rare but the juggling is fun and can be a challenge especially in the BL where about 8 teams compete for the top 4.

Robben :coma: more goals than games atm. SI have made him perfectly- he plays identical to real life.
    I tried 1 season in spain. It's a very annoying league. Hard to keep squad depth, hard to keep subs match fit and a MASSIVE gap between the top and the bottom.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really want to do a league one save, but I don't have the patience.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aramiss18)
    Playing identical to real life except he's averaging less than a game per goal

I was actually going to take the piss out of you and say "Emile Heskey plays identical to real life" when he normally scores far more goals in the game than he does in real life. Hilariously, in this save Villa have retrained him to be a central defender, and from just 6 starts and 13 sub appearances he's still managed to score more goals this season than he's managed in real life for the past five years :rofl: (he got four goals, with one game of the season to go, and the last time he managed that was in 2007/08...his scoring record is absolutely horrendous for an alleged striker :p:)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Playing identical to real life except he's averaging less than a game per goal

I was actually going to take the piss out of you and say "Emile Heskey plays identical to real life" when he normally scores far more goals in the game than he does in real life. Hilariously, in this save Villa have retrained him to be a central defender, and from just 6 starts and 13 sub appearances he's still managed to score more goals this season than he's managed in real life for the past five years :rofl: (he got four goals, with one game of the season to go, and the last time he managed that was in 2007/08...his scoring record is absolutely horrendous for an alleged striker :p:)
    I meant in terms of cutting in and shooting when he really should pass :P Really is a credit to the game makers.

And I've been on the receiving end of a Heskey performance before it induced rage.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get free kick takers to pass in direct free kicks (Ribery keeps trying to shoot, and about 8/10 times he misses really awfully).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    Is it possible to get free kick takers to pass in direct free kicks (Ribery keeps trying to shoot, and about 8/10 times he misses really awfully).
    im confused did you mean can he pass indirect free kicks

or pass when taking a a direct free kick

if the former i do not know

the later well you really shouldnt be playing a managing game if you dont know the rules of football :rolleyes:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopite493)

the later well you really shouldnt be playing a managing game if you dont know the rules of football :rolleyes:
    He clearly isn't asking about a rule based question :lolwut:

He is asking is there any way to stop a player shooting nearly every single time they have a free kick and instead get them to just pass it to someone.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    He clearly isn't asking about a rule based question :lolwut:

He is asking is there any way to stop a player shooting nearly every single time they have a free kick and instead get them to just pass it to someone.
    no he isn't but if he is referring to direct free kicks he should know that you must shoot from a direct free kick
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    no he isn't but if he is referring to direct free kicks he should know that you must shoot from a direct free kick
    You have to be trolling :lolwut:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:

I meant the former.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    You have to be trolling :lolwut:
    my apologies i misread the rule in referee hand book it says 'may be score without touching another player' i thought it said must,

*hides head in shame as he goes to relearn all rules of football :/
    • 33 followers

:lol:

*hides head in shame as he goes to relearn all rules of football :/
    :console:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jason O'Reilly (Overview_ Profile).png 
Views:	50 
Size:	348.1 KB 
ID:	145323
    What do you guys think of this guy? What can I do to ensure he becomes a top player? I got him on a free from some non-league irish club. I know whis jumping is low, but would i be right in hoping that it will get better when he gets a bit older?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not too shabs at all for a freebie.

On my Dag & Red side (FM10), I've got Ande Ndoh (signed on a free) hammering in the goals - 22 in 17 so far, including 7 in the last 2. :coma:
    • 34 followers

(Original post by jackclarke1995)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jason O'Reilly (Overview_ Profile).png 
Views:	50 
Size:	348.1 KB 
ID:	145323
    What do you guys think of this guy? What can I do to ensure he becomes a top player? I got him on a free from some non-league irish club. I know whis jumping is low, but would i be right in hoping that it will get better when he gets a bit older?
    Looks like he's susceptible to injuries but otherwise a good bag for free, should be a great player technically. :holmes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had a week off because of Steam being silly, come back and draw 3 in a row in the league. :nothing: 0-0 away at a distant 20th placed Zaragoza, 1-1 at home to Hercules (I battered them all match) and then 0-0 away at Granada. In that last game I finished with 8 men due to 1 red card on 70 mins and 2 injuries in the last 10 minutes. Means I go to Old Trafford 3 days later without Iturrieta (my star CB), Sanogo (my star ST and player) and Hoillett (my best winger).

Does anyone else find they struggle after a bit of a break? I think it ****s up the rhythm of my team talks and squad selection/rotation.

Edit- came away with a 3-1 defeat from the Man Utd match. Disappointing but not dreadful given the circumstances. I just don't have the squad depth to deal with my best two players getting injured, especially in CB and ST which are crucial positions. Lost Fer as well after 20 minutes so my entire spine was depleted. Their 3rd goal was dodgy, a near post cross sailed into the arms of my keeper but a penalty was given for a 'shirt tug' at the far post. That put me 3-0 down but I snatched a penalty in the 89th minute. All the injuries are short term so I have them all back for the 2nd leg, hopefully giving me an outside shot of pulling it back, but my next 3 games are Athletic, Valencia and Real Madrid. Crumbling.
Updated: August 26, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.