The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6860
WTF.

I gave Stevenage £150 million because I had a takeover, didn't need the cash, and wanted to help out a RL local team.

This was 2 years ago. Now their finances are "insecure". Where has all the money gone?! Their player wages aren't high, and they've only bought £4million worth of players. :mad:
Original post by Nut.
WTF.

I gave Stevenage £150 million because I had a takeover, didn't need the cash, and wanted to help out a RL local team.

This was 2 years ago. Now their finances are "insecure". Where has all the money gone?! Their player wages aren't high, and they've only bought £4million worth of players. :mad:

Dodgy owners :yes:
Reply 6862
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
Dodgy owners :yes:

Ima recommend them for an affiliation with me so I can keep a closer eye and loan them some quality players :hmmm:
Original post by CB91
In my last 53 league matches (whole of last season and so far into this season) ive won 47, drew 3, lost 3. Only dropped 15 points in 16 months. :sexface: In those 53 games ive scored scored 185 goals and only conceded 35. :sexface: I haven't dropped any points at home in 12 months too. :sexface:

What team?
Original post by mevidek
What team?

AC Milan, in my 6th season.
Reply 6865
Promoted to Championship in the first season. :awesome:

Spoiler

Reply 6866
Haha indeed. I've given them another £50million investment (after adding a manager to City for a summer then resigning :colone:) so I'll see how it goes this season, then add them as a feeder club.
Wish me luck!
Ive just noticed that Lampard, Drogba and Stern John are now coaches at Man Utd on my Milan save. :lolwut:
Reply 6868
84 games unbeaten culminating in a scrappy 1-0 Champions League final win over City. Very happy!

Hertha BSC have a 14-year-old who agents believe could be available for around £10.25million. Is it just me who thinks thats ridiculous?
Reply 6869
Original post by CB91
Ive just noticed that Lampard, Drogba and Stern John are now coaches at Man Utd on my Milan save. :lolwut:

Drogba is the Assistant Manager of Everton on my save in 2021 :lolwut:
Reply 6870
England beat Spain 5-0 in the Second Round of the 2014 World Cup, which involved a hat-trick from Crouch :moon:
Original post by Nut.
Drogba is the Assistant Manager of Everton on my save in 2021 :lolwut:

Another strange one for me was Kaka. He retired at 33 and flat out refused to talk to me (Milan) about a Coaching Role, yet then went on to join Arsenal as a Youth Coach. :lolwut: You would have thought he'd at least talk to his old club.

I also love how it's now my 6th season and Sevilla have been relegated, and promoted again, two times now. :teehee:
Original post by Mo-Amin
84 games unbeaten culminating in a scrappy 1-0 Champions League final win over City. Very happy!

Hertha BSC have a 14-year-old who agents believe could be available for around £10.25million. Is it just me who thinks thats ridiculous?

Definitely. Sometimes they can be worth it but most of the time they aren't. I bought a 15 year old CB from Schalke for £17.5m, but luckily for me he's turned out brilliant. :awesome:

On another note, Ive just got my 200th win in my career in only 292 games. :awesome:
Reply 6873
Original post by CB91
Another strange one for me was Kaka. He retired at 33 and flat out refused to talk to me (Milan) about a Coaching Role, yet then went on to join Arsenal as a Youth Coach. :lolwut: You would have thought he'd at least talk to his old club.

I also love how it's now my 6th season and Sevilla have been relegated, and promoted again, two times now. :teehee:

haha brilliant.
My mouse slipped when I was offering Bernhard Peters a coaching role and I offered him £150,000 pw... needless to say he accepted, and I quickly retracted the offer, much to his disquiet.
Reply 6874
Right, 4th season at Betis finished, came 2nd so my pattern still carries on, i've come 5th, 4th, 3rd and now 2nd.

Lost out on head to head with Madrid but it wasn't really that close, they lost their last league game when they'd already won the league, i'm still annoyed though because I missed a great chance to win it. Barca had a shocking season, Guardiola left for the Spanish job and they appointed Conte, they were languishing down in the Europa League spots until Ancelloti took over and salvaged CL for them, came 3rd on 76 points. Madrid also had a pretty poor season, 81 points, so I feel like i've missed out. Their end of season form was great though, 8 wins and 3 draws up until that last game.

After not playing the game for a week I had a dreadful spell, in 10 matches I won 2 games, one in the Spanish Cup and a CL second leg (I lost the tie anyway). That run included 6 consecutive drawn league games followed by a loss. Didn't help that my defence capitulated. As of the 23rd of January I had conceded 3 league goals, helped by 12 consecutive clean sheets. By the end of the season i'd let in 24.

Lost in the last 16 of the CL on penalties, I was unlucky to get Man Utd after winning the group and even unluckier with injuries, especially in the 1st leg. Retained the Spanish Cup though.

£40mil in the bank now, doubt i'll spend too much though. Record signing still £11mil, biggest signing over the last 2 summers has been £5.75mil. My self imposed wage cap has eeked up to 43k a week, still pretty good though. Don't need major additions anyway, the squad is improving by itself because it's full of young players. Just need to pick up a LB to replace Drenthe, maybe a CB too, and i'll be happy. Expecting the title next season.
Original post by Louis.
Right, 4th season at Betis finished, came 2nd so my pattern still carries on, i've come 5th, 4th, 3rd and now 2nd.

Lost out on head to head with Madrid but it wasn't really that close, they lost their last league game when they'd already won the league, i'm still annoyed though because I missed a great chance to win it. Barca had a shocking season, Guardiola left for the Spanish job and they appointed Conte, they were languishing down in the Europa League spots until Ancelloti took over and salvaged CL for them, came 3rd on 76 points. Madrid also had a pretty poor season, 81 points, so I feel like i've missed out. Their end of season form was great though, 8 wins and 3 draws up until that last game.

After not playing the game for a week I had a dreadful spell, in 10 matches I won 2 games, one in the Spanish Cup and a CL second leg (I lost the tie anyway). That run included 6 consecutive drawn league games followed by a loss. Didn't help that my defence capitulated. As of the 23rd of January I had conceded 3 league goals, helped by 12 consecutive clean sheets. By the end of the season i'd let in 24.

Lost in the last 16 of the CL on penalties, I was unlucky to get Man Utd after winning the group and even unluckier with injuries, especially in the 1st leg. Retained the Spanish Cup though.

£40mil in the bank now, doubt i'll spend too much though. Record signing still £11mil, biggest signing over the last 2 summers has been £5.75mil. My self imposed wage cap has eeked up to 43k a week, still pretty good though. Don't need major additions anyway, the squad is improving by itself because it's full of young players. Just need to pick up a LB to replace Drenthe, maybe a CB too, and i'll be happy. Expecting the title next season.

Keeping the wage cap low is so hard at times. You're lucky you have a young squad, my players have peaked quite a bit, so now I'm paying 88k for two players, my captain and tiago illori while the rest are on under 40k, illori's a club legend and wants a coaching role in the future, got defending as 15 so it's good.
Reply 6876
Original post by jam277
Keeping the wage cap low is so hard at times. You're lucky you have a young squad, my players have peaked quite a bit, so now I'm paying 88k for two players, my captain and tiago illori while the rest are on under 40k, illori's a club legend and wants a coaching role in the future, got defending as 15 so it's good.

I've managed so far, but Fer (40k) and Eriksen (39k) only have 2 years left so I think they'll be asking for a lot more. Might end up losing Fer, he has done quite well but i'm not sure if i'll break my wage structure for him, not when i've got a couple of class regens ready to step in. Not sure I could bring myself to sell Eriksen but I did pick up Felipe Anderson on a free from Madrid so it's always an option.

The young squad was more design than accident though, it's how I manage most teams. Average age is 23 but that is dragged up by a couple of squad players who were there since I took over, Benat, Canas, Chica and Pereira are still about and in their late 20s. Signed Mikel Gonzalez (29 now) first season as well and he has been really dependable, relegated to 3rd choice CB now. Strange to have a first team younger than the backups, I swear most of the teams I manage end up like that though :lol:

You're Sociedad right? I treated myself to a £14mil splash out on Inigo Martinez...was he good for you? Seemed a bit pricy but my main target (Zouma) would want wanted 70k plus a week and would have cost at least £17mil, Martinez seemed a solid alternative. Happy with my transfer window, Anderson on a free looks a great buy, couple of free regens who look promising, Ljajic on loan for cover, and obviously Martinez, and i've sent 6 of my best regens out on loan. They're probably good enough to be getting games this season tbh but they'll get more elsewhere.
Original post by CB91
Definitely. Sometimes they can be worth it but most of the time they aren't. I bought a 15 year old CB from Schalke for £17.5m, but luckily for me he's turned out brilliant. :awesome:

On another note, Ive just got my 200th win in my career in only 292 games. :awesome:

See Moussa Sy. Cost me 15 million at age fifteen, but he's looking hugely promising...
Keep trying to seriously get into this without half-assing it through and its so much effort and so big lol >.<
Original post by Louis.
I've managed so far, but Fer (40k) and Eriksen (39k) only have 2 years left so I think they'll be asking for a lot more. Might end up losing Fer, he has done quite well but i'm not sure if i'll break my wage structure for him, not when i've got a couple of class regens ready to step in. Not sure I could bring myself to sell Eriksen but I did pick up Felipe Anderson on a free from Madrid so it's always an option.

The young squad was more design than accident though, it's how I manage most teams. Average age is 23 but that is dragged up by a couple of squad players who were there since I took over, Benat, Canas, Chica and Pereira are still about and in their late 20s. Signed Mikel Gonzalez (29 now) first season as well and he has been really dependable, relegated to 3rd choice CB now. Strange to have a first team younger than the backups, I swear most of the teams I manage end up like that though :lol:

You're Sociedad right? I treated myself to a £14mil splash out on Inigo Martinez...was he good for you? Seemed a bit pricy but my main target (Zouma) would want wanted 70k plus a week and would have cost at least £17mil, Martinez seemed a solid alternative. Happy with my transfer window, Anderson on a free looks a great buy, couple of free regens who look promising, Ljajic on loan for cover, and obviously Martinez, and i've sent 6 of my best regens out on loan. They're probably good enough to be getting games this season tbh but they'll get more elsewhere.

Wow, you've been doing the exact same thing I've been doing especially with the old squad players. Inigo martinez was quality, but he was relegated as 4th choice CB because of injury problems and the form of demidov and tiago illori plus I had to get someone in the youth squad. Inigo martinez needs a lot of games if you're using him. I also recommend ruben pardo for a cheap CM who can do a job too, got his passing to 19 and his creativity is pretty good too.

The CB guy from the youth squad was sold for 15 million to betis, he had 18 tackling, 14 heading and 16 marking and had 15 for pace and strength. Used him as a ball playing defender and got his passing up to 14.

Mikel gonzalez was quality, I only sold him because I needed to raise funds for tomas necid. I've sent like 7 of my regens on loan this season, 2 are promising but haven't made the cut so I'm hoping they spring into form. Felipe anderson becomes quality for valencia in my game and probably becomes better than eriksen. I missed out on eriksen, he wanted 36k in wages and at the time I was trying to get my players under 25k.

I like this save. Think I'll only do another save/resume my boston united save when I win la liga. Been scraping wins mourinho style with 1-0's and I'm 1 point off madrid with 22 points from 9 games.

Sold a hell of a lot of good players this summer and last summer with the aim of rebuilding my team/wage bill. Raised 70million in the space of 2 seasons.

Latest