The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

After guiding real sociedad 2nd, because I somehow bottled a 2 goal lead vs barcelona which would have got me the title, real madrid assert their dominance by winning their 6th la liga in a row. I decided to have enough and rage quit to a less stressful job. Now southend united manager and I'm planning to keep them in the prem(predicted to come 20th) Decided to play 5-3-2 with rigid football and defensive. So basically I'm parking the bus every match.

Lost 3-0 to stoke, drew 0-0 to charlton, beat MK dons in the league cup 2-1 and drew 2-2 to reading. I'll see if I can get into the top 10 this season.
Reply 6961
Original post by jam277
After guiding real sociedad 2nd, because I somehow bottled a 2 goal lead vs barcelona which would have got me the title, real madrid assert their dominance by winning their 6th la liga in a row. I decided to have enough and rage quit to a less stressful job. Now southend united manager and I'm planning to keep them in the prem(predicted to come 20th) Decided to play 5-3-2 with rigid football and defensive. So basically I'm parking the bus every match.

Lost 3-0 to stoke, drew 0-0 to charlton, beat MK dons in the league cup 2-1 and drew 2-2 to reading. I'll see if I can get into the top 10 this season.

FFS man, we were doing the same save just with different teams :nopity:

I know what you mean though, i'm scared it's about to happen on my game. 42 points from 17 games and i'm only joint top with them, you have to maintain such a high standard throughout the season to have a chance.

I do love playing with terrible teams though, it's really fun :lol:
Original post by Louis.
FFS man, we were doing the same save just with different teams :nopity:

I know what you mean though, i'm scared it's about to happen on my game. 42 points from 17 games and i'm only joint top with them, you have to maintain such a high standard throughout the season to have a chance.

I do love playing with terrible teams though, it's really fun :lol:

When Barcelona scored in the 90th minute to pretty much deny me the title again I was going to throw a bottle on the floor but I think my team threw their bottles already, anyway this southend save is going nice and terrible. Haven't won a game in the league and it's mid september, I'm just going to do a wigan until I finish my contract next season and hop to another team in serie A.
:coma: In Serie A this season so far: played 33, won 30, drew 1, lost 2, scored 103, conceded 11.

I've only conceded 22 all season in 48 games. :coma:

My Under 20's have also been dominant, scoring 148 goals and conceded only 11 aswell in 33 games. My wonder kid striker has scored 56 of those too. :teehee:
(edited 11 years ago)
I'll finish my exams at the end of the month, then I can engross in hours after hours of FM :biggrin:
Reply 6965
Managed to get an 18 year old Japanese striker for £2m and due to the windfall from people in Japan loving him his value went up to £4.4m within a couple of months. He is also great! Already rated 2.5* to my 3.5* Llorente and my Japanese guy has a 4* potential :coma:
In his first season he played 4 games and scored 8 goals as well, although the 8 goals were scored in two games :mmm:
Just shaved £1.6m off my monthly wage bill, albeit temporarily. Lost 5-0 to Atletico Madrid, so I fined the 12 players that played 1 weeks wages - each rated at 6.1 or less, and only two bitched about it, and they backed down. Then Lucas got sent off for a horrendous challenge in the next match, so I fined him two weeks wages.

Le Masia seems to produce defenders and attackers in abundance, but no decent midfielders, so I have to scour the globe for them.

Young goalkeeper rate at 2.5*, but with potential for 4, so I sold Courtois and promoted him. Oh, and a RB and LB both rated at potentially 4.5*, both in the first team squad.
Won the championship at a canter (101 points come the end of the season, 21 ahead of second place) and the league cup.

Signed Cheik Tiote, Hatem Ben Arfa, Chris Eagles, Niko Kranjcar, Gary Hooper & Raul in the summer, season going well so far - won 1-0 at Chelsea through a Kranjcar goal before two games against Arsenal in 10 days:
Leicester v Arsenal (Information_ Overview).png
Leicester v Arsenal (Information_ Overview)-2.png

:coma: Kranjcar with 2 in the first match, and two assists in 2 minutes in the second. The boy's a beast.
When I view a players stats under international matches does it include non competitive internationals?
Original post by marcusmerehay
I've done it with Gramenet (Spain), Real Massama (Portugal), ES Troyes (France) and Hellas Verona (Italy), with varying degrees of success.

Massama was the most successful save, going on to win the CL, while I was sacked by Troyes for not winning their league in my first season. :lol:
I did it with Perugia in Italy getting them from serie c2b to serie a and almost got fired in the first season for coming...

2nd. I pleaded for more time, they accepted. It's a team that really shouldn't be in that division though and I had more money to spend than pretty much the rest of the division put together.
Reply 6970
Original post by JaggySnake95
When I view a players stats under international matches does it include non competitive internationals?
Yes. In season/career stats, it'll display ALL international games the player has taken part in regardless of level or competitive status. Where it lists their caps near the player face, it lists appearances/goals (for all games) at senior level and appearances/goals (for all games) at U21/U20 level dependant on nationality, but does not list appearances for U23 or U19 games.
Reply 6971
Managed to get Anfield expanded to 55,000 :woohoo:
Original post by Dalimyr
Yes. In season/career stats, it'll display ALL international games the player has taken part in regardless of level or competitive status. Where it lists their caps near the player face, it lists appearances/goals (for all games) at senior level and appearances/goals (for all games) at U21/U20 level dependant on nationality, but does not list appearances for U23 or U19 games.

Thank you. Also, I don't know if you got my PM but what is the difference between offering a player to a club and setting price etc. and just transfer listing a player? What is the bet way to getting a player to get noticed in the transfer market and offers made for him?
Reply 6973
Original post by JaggySnake95
Thank you. Also, I don't know if you got my PM but what is the difference between offering a player to a club and setting price etc. and just transfer listing a player? What is the bet way to getting a player to get noticed in the transfer market and offers made for him?

Offering to clubs. The best way is to set a fee (obviously a realistic one :P), set his squad status to "not needed", transfer list and offer to clubs for the fee you've set (or maybe even a bit lower). :smile:

EDIT: Offering to clubs means you send a message to the manager of every club saying "xxxx is for sale at £yyyy", you'll sometimes get them in your inbox especially if you've shortlisted that player :smile:
Just won the treble after scoring a 118th minute winner against Barca in the CL Final ( I had to beat Bayern, PSG and Real along the way too). :coma:

Ive played 57 this season, won 50, drew 4, lost 3. :coma:
Original post by Mess.
Managed to get Anfield expanded to 55,000 :woohoo:

10/15 years on? :awesome:

Decided that Mascherano is leaving in the summer, I have signed a fellow Argentine to replace him, one rated at potentially 4*. Masch is 34 anyway.

A problem I'm going to have next season is the fact I'll have 30 players but only 25 spaces. Stupid rules.
Carlos Domingos (Overview_ Attributes).png

Unsure how to proceed. Do I mould him into a winger or an advanced playmaker? He doesn't have great pace but he could be a Beckham type winger? On the other hand I feel he would make a cracking advanced playmaker, though that would waste his great crossing ability. Thoughts?
Original post by The Baron

Unsure how to proceed. Do I mould him into a winger or an advanced playmaker? He doesn't have great pace but he could be a Beckham type winger? On the other hand I feel he would make a cracking advanced playmaker, though that would waste his great crossing ability. Thoughts?

Winger and stick him on conditioning training to get his physicals up? With enough pace, his ability on the wing would be ridiculously good.
Reply 6978
Original post by The Baron

He's definitely best suited on the wing, but whatever type you want him to be, there's one stat that's a little low. For a speedy winger, he's obviously lacking pace. For a Beckham-esque winger, his Off the Ball is a bit on the low side so he can't (as easily) move into a bit of free space to pick up the ball and belt it into the box - he'd perhaps move into an attacking position but in an area where he'll have a defender breathing down his neck and putting pressure on him very quickly. Either way, focusing on one stat ought to turn him into a monster on the right wing :smile:
Well this is a bit strange. At the end of last season Leandro Damiao was a club legend, but now he's been demoted to a club icon whilst Christien Eriksen is now a club legend instead (he was only a favoured personnel before). :s-smilie: I have no idea tbh.

Latest