The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8300
Original post by TrulyEpicLawls
I saw the Celtic job available and looked at it. I knew that Rangers had fallen from grace, so it was mainly a one-team league now (good prediction?).

However, I didn't know it was this bad - I checked their history and they won last season with 88 points and +50 GD.

The 2nd placed team had 57 points and +2 GD, all the other teams had 0 or minus GD.

If I had applied it would either be the easiest or hardest job in the world.
Easiest to the point where if you were unable to win the league by a similar sort of margin you are just really crap at the game :p: I've loaded up one of my saves that's a little over a season in - excluding Rangers (who've actually been taken over by someone with some money so they're not weak at all), Celtic have a £4.6m transfer budget and the next three highest are Motherwell (£900k), Dundee Utd (£425k) and St Mirren (£125k). With wage budgets, Celtic have £400k a week, and the next three highest are Hearts (£55k), Dundee Utd (£40k) and Aberdeen (£35k). If Rangers haven't been taken over by someone who can invest properly into the club (which seems to be the case in your game), then avoid the Celtic job like the plague because it'll bore you ****less, they're just that damn dominant over everyone else in the league.

Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Liverpool got relegated! :rofl:

Never seen that before.
They weren't technically relegated then; they were in the relegation zone but had six games left and only four points behind the team in 17th.

That is a pic of Liverpool getting relegated (which I mentioned in my above post...though I accidentally said they had 10 points deducted rather than 9 - got my league rules mixed up :o:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dalimyr
Easiest to the point where if you were unable to win the league by a similar sort of margin you are just really crap at the game :p: I've loaded up one of my saves that's a little over a season in - excluding Rangers (who've actually been taken over by someone with some money so they're not weak at all), Celtic have a £4.6m transfer budget and the next three highest are Motherwell (£900k), Dundee Utd (£425k) and St Mirren (£125k). With wage budgets, Celtic have £400k a week, and the next three highest are Hearts (£55k), Dundee Utd (£40k) and Aberdeen (£35k). If Rangers haven't been taken over by someone who can invest properly into the club (which seems to be the case in your game), then avoid the Celtic job like the plague because it'll bore you ****less, they're just that damn dominant over everyone else in the league.

I didn't mention that Celtic were 'rich' so would've have a good transfer budget.

The thing is, it doesn't matter how good you are, sometimes you can hit inexplicably ****ty form. Plus there are one or two other teams like Hibs who have a punt and do well every few seasons. So it'd be a hard job because you could be sacked just for losing some games, or once not winning the league maybe.
My Tottenham save's going fairly well, approaching the end of the second season, and currently 5th in the Premier League. Finished 6th last season, so it'd certainly be an improvement. The difference is, we made a much better start to this season and haven't had a real 'blip, as such, so we've been a lot more consistent.
I'm nearing the end of my first season at AFC Wimbledon, brought in a few decent players (including a real coup through getting Ben Amos) and sold a few crap ones. Currently 5th in the table, but I really want to avoid the play offs, so does anyone have some good coaches to hire in Leagues 1 or 2?
if you convert a player on football manager does it make them worse in their old position.
And is it best to do so when young.
I've converted djourou to cdm
Oh and I'm coming to the end of my first season with arsenal but their all tired and we have to face the 4 of the top 6 teams and chelsea , I'm third at the moment.
Also what should we be doing pre season ?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5360
Original post by Dr.Kweks waszabi
if you convert a player on football manager does it make them worse in their old position.
Oh and I'm coming to the end of my first season with arsenal but their all tired and we have to face the 4 of the top 6 teams and chelsea , I'm third at the moment.

in order

nope
yes
okay...
nothing really to be done about this though you probably could have rotated better to avoid it
i personally have very high, with team work but its to each their own i imagine
Original post by rawrsomesauce
I'm nearing the end of my first season at AFC Wimbledon, brought in a few decent players (including a real coup through getting Ben Amos) and sold a few crap ones. Currently 5th in the table, but I really want to avoid the play offs, so does anyone have some good coaches to hire in Leagues 1 or 2?

A good coach I've experienced is Kit Carson.

If they're tired trying giving them a day or two off from training.

Anyone here know of a good loan player for Aston Villa in the first season? I need a couple more players but I have no money to spend. I know of Welbeck already but I also need a goalkeeper and a full-back.
(edited 11 years ago)
Now into 2031, the football world has changed a lot.
Does the board give you a transfer budget every summer transfer window.

Something weird has happened to my save, for some reason even though when you start a new season the table resets but mine has stayed the same from last season and it hasn't changed. Also, even though it a new season my fixture list haven't been updated, I have not even played a budesliga game and I've done all the friendlies, I only play DFB Pokalball and Champions League matches. This is all happened I accepted an England job offer.
Reply 8311
Does the board give you a transfer budget every summer transfer window.

Your transfer budget is updated at least twice a year (I forget the exact months, but June and December, maybe? It's not too long before the transfer windows open), and on rare occasions the owner may decide to invest more money in the club.
Original post by Kruz
Something weird has happened to my save, for some reason even though when you start a new season the table resets but mine has stayed the same from last season and it hasn't changed. Also, even though it a new season my fixture list haven't been updated, I have not even played a budesliga game and I've done all the friendlies, I only play DFB Pokalball and Champions League matches. This is all happened I accepted an England job offer.

Sounds like what happens when certain antiviruses and such delete FM temp files, something like that.
Reply 8313
4th season over with Liverpool. Our first trophiless season :frown:

Another 2nd place finish on an exciting last day of the season where just 3 points separated 2nd from 5th but a 2-1 win at the Reebok secured us Champions League football for another season and relegated Bolton.

Champions League this season was reasonable. We met the Board Expectation of getting past the group stages but we got hammered by the current holders of the cup, Porto, in the last 16.

United won a domestic treble which was tough to watch to say the least :biggrin:

Priority for the transfer window is a centre mid as Henderson really hasn't developed as well as I'd have liked.
Original post by Leelad

Priority for the transfer window is a centre mid as Henderson really hasn't developed as well as I'd have liked.

Really?

I have him in my second season... he's my first choice CM :confused:

He has 20+ assists and a few goals to boot..... play him advanced playmaker, support; he's terrific!
A season or two since leaving my epic Premier League and Euro-beating team, I've finally joined my club Brighton in League Two. Now I have to get used to what constitutes crap and good attributes and stats at this level.

Plus I have to remember the transfer and loan lists because, as the best team in the world with a £300m transfer budget, the 'Player Of The XXXX' awards were my transfer lists...
Just beaten Real 2-1 :sexface: They went 1-0 after 20 mins, a goal from Carroll canceled it out and then a last minute penalty from Dirk Kuyt cealed the victory :biggrin:

It's so stressful seeing Ronaldo running at G.Johnson.... :afraid: However stop Ronaldo; stop Real!! :ahee:
Reply 8317
Original post by Angry cucumber
Just beaten Real 2-1 :sexface: They went 1-0 after 20 mins, a goal from Carroll canceled it out and then a last minute penalty from Dirk Kuyt cealed the victory :biggrin:

It's so stressful seeing Ronaldo running at G.Johnson.... :afraid: However stop Ronaldo; stop Real!! :ahee:

Haha, you know it has to be a video game when Glen Johnson manages to stop Cristiano Ronaldo :biggrin:
Gonna carry on with my barca save, lets see if I can win the title. :smile: 6 points behind winner after 10 games.
Minimum release clauses are a bitch, look what I just lost :frown:

Latest