The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8461
Original post by biggie
Has anyone seen any ridiculous stadium names?

Liverpool's new stadium is called the Lucas Leiva stadium on my game :laugh:

Original post by Zerforax
What year are you in and what did he do to get the stadium named after him?!

I, too, am interested in this. It takes ages at Liverpool to get a new stadium. For them to get one and then still have it named after Lucas, it must have been pretty quickly done. He must be an absolute legend there as well...

A friend of mine had their stadium named after Marc-André ter Stegen once. He broke every goalkeeper/appearance record there was at the club or something.
Original post by Dalimyr
Depending on how many of your players are missing, you could find yourself just having to replace one or two guys, or be forced to field a team of reserves and youths because all your senior squad members on international duty are ineligible to play :p: (and, for that matter, they can't play for a day or two either side of the fixture either because they have to take time to travel to/from the international match)

You misunderstood my post.
Reply 8463
Original post by Zerforax
What year are you in and what did he do to get the stadium named after him?!

I'm in 2028, but it was named in 2024. Apparently, according to Liverpool's information screen, he's a club legend! He made 418 appearances for them, and since Liverpool have won a lot of trophies on my game, he must have been pretty instrumental or something.

Instead of accepting that he is a good player, I like to imagine that it was named after him for charitable work :colondollar:
I want Milan to name a stadium after me. :frown:

I'm only in 2019 though, still plenty of time yet. :colone:
Reply 8466
^ *StadIA named after you
Original post by TrulyEpicLawls
I'm a match or two away from finding out what happens when I have an unmoved club match and an international match at the exact same time and day.

And what happens is: both matches are player, one immediately after the other. My international match came first.

Original post by KingMessi
This doesn't end well for you.

It ended with 2 wins.
Reply 8468
Anyone else have Seydou Doumbia in their squad? This is my fifth season working with him now, first three seasons he only ever missed games because of Internationals, picking up the odd minor injury here and there maybe. But last season and so far this season he's having a complete nightmare with injuries. It's not like the really bad 2-3 month ones, but he's picking up little 3-4 week ones all the time. Can't build up a good run of games at all.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Seydou?
Reply 8469
Sold my star striker for 70m£ I bought him for 5, 3 seasons previous. Also in the last year of his contract. His current wage was 39k a week, he wanted an increase to 120k, not gna happen. Fans aren't happy but **** em.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8470
Original post by Peachz
Sold my star striker for 70m£ I bought him for 5, 3 seasons previous. Also in the last year of his contract. His current wage was 39k a week, he wanted an increase to 120k, not gna happen. Fans aren't happy but **** em.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I hate when things like that happen, fair enough they wouldn't be happy if you sold for £20m but at £70m!
Bristol Somethingorother bid about £80,000 for my star centre back, which I rejected. On the last day they bid £225,000, which was only £25,000 lower than his minimum fee release clause. Duh. I rejected it and luckily didn't get another bid before the window closed.
Just signed a new right back. 3 days after joining up with the squad he breaks my star centre backs leg in training. Oh the rage.
Do I sign a 36 year old van Nistelrooy? So tempting...
Original post by jackf1337
Do I sign a 36 year old van Nistelrooy? So tempting...

Probably. In the Premiership, 36 year old Figo on loan got 10 assists in 15 games or something, 35 year old Anelka scored goals, and 39 year old Piqué is still in Man Utd's first team.
Original post by Leelad
Anyone else have Seydou Doumbia in their squad? This is my fifth season working with him now, first three seasons he only ever missed games because of Internationals, picking up the odd minor injury here and there maybe. But last season and so far this season he's having a complete nightmare with injuries. It's not like the really bad 2-3 month ones, but he's picking up little 3-4 week ones all the time. Can't build up a good run of games at all.

I have him in Dortmund squad, I play a traditional 442 he's a beast I've had him for 6 seasons, and he's always averaged more than 15 goals every season.
Reply 8476
Original post by Leelad

He was like this in my second season with him but have had no issues in the following 2 seasons. Even in the season he was injured he still scored 30 goals from 25 appearances. I play him as a poacher in a 4-2-3-1

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by TrulyEpicLawls
Probably. In the Premiership, 36 year old Figo on loan got 10 assists in 15 games or something, 35 year old Anelka scored goals, and 39 year old Piqué is still in Man Utd's first team.

My only problem is I tend to play a one striker system, and I've got Bent, Delfouneso, Weimann, Sanogo, Fierro and also Agbonlahor who has a broken leg. I'm trying to loan out a couple of my younger strikers but no one wants them at the moment.

The good thing about RvN is that he isn't a poacher. All of my strikers, except Fierro, are poachers and it's making my attack line seem slightly one dimensional. I guess I could play my 4-4-2 with pushed up wingers more often (although it may be a bit too attacking). He only wants a year long contract anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8478
Original post by Stirlo
He was like this in my second season with him but have had no issues in the following 2 seasons. Even in the season he was injured he still scored 30 goals from 25 appearances. I play him as a poacher in a 4-2-3-1

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Ahh, good to know I'm not alone then. Yeah he's still a goal machine despite the injury problems.

Playing Barca in 10 days time in the Champions League, first leg at home. Should I try and surprise them by playing attacking or try and contain and hold on for dear life for penalties? My team is pretty poor at the latter as I just tried it against Arsenal and we got hammered 3-0. I'm in 2016 and Barca's current team is:

---------------Valdes---------
Alves---Henrique---Douglas---Puyol
--------Busquets--Thiago----------
-------Villa---Sanchez---Iniesta-----
---------------Dyabala--------------

Messi and Fabregas are injured and will certainly miss the first leg :smile: I think their defence could be got at, especially Puyol. Oh and my usual team & formation:

-----------------Reina-----------------
Brabec*---Coates---Wilson---Schennikov
-----Lucas(BWM)----Henderson(AP)---------
Gokhan Tore-------------------Muniain
------------Suarez---Doumbia---------

*Brabec is a regen wonderkid

Normally play Control, Fluid. With big emphasis on getting the wingers involved as much as possible. Sometimes it works wonders to play this against the big teams in the League, other times we get ripped apart.
Original post by Leelad
Ahh, good to know I'm not alone then. Yeah he's still a goal machine despite the injury problems.

Playing Barca in 10 days time in the Champions League, first leg at home. Should I try and surprise them by playing attacking or try and contain and hold on for dear life for penalties? My team is pretty poor at the latter as I just tried it against Arsenal and we got hammered 3-0. I'm in 2016 and Barca's current team is:

---------------Valdes---------
Alves---Henrique---Douglas---Puyol
--------Busquets--Thiago----------
-------Villa---Sanchez---Iniesta-----
---------------Dyabala--------------

Messi and Fabregas are injured and will certainly miss the first leg :smile: I think their defence could be got at, especially Puyol. Oh and my usual team & formation:

-----------------Reina-----------------
Brabec*---Coates---Wilson---Schennikov
-----Lucas(BWM)----Henderson(AP)---------
Gokhan Tore-------------------Muniain
------------Suarez---Doumbia---------

*Brabec is a regen wonderkid

Normally play Control, Fluid. With big emphasis on getting the wingers involved as much as possible. Sometimes it works wonders to play this against the big teams in the League, other times we get ripped apart.

When I play Barca, I play 4-1-2-2-1 and play with a very deep defensive line, counter attack, fluid philosophy, very very high tempo, very wide, very direct passing (up to a the giant geordie upfrint... yes I kept him) and play through the wings..... it works, I beat them 2-1 at home, then drew 1-1 at the Nou Camp :sexface:

Latest