The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
:rofl2:
Hahahaha. God bless ragequits. The screams of 'NO. THIS CAN NOT HAPPEN.' and the guilty satisfaction of watching it disappear
Reply 962
Original post by Dorito
yeah, basically players are just 'released' by their clubs and you get to pick up these players the same way you would with any other free agents... I only picked one player though as my wage budget was already quite high and close to the limit of £29,750 a week.

My results so far

Seattle Sounders 2 - 0 Philadelphia Union
Seattle Sounders 2 - 0 New York Red Bulls
Real Salt Lake 4 - 1 Seattle Sounders
Seattle Sounders 4 - 0 Kansas City

Very good start at home... can see myself struggling away due to my small squad though.

Wait so is there an actual interface where do you do the draft etc, or just more free players than normal? I'd be interested in doing an actual 'draft' but not in just having more free players...
Reply 963
Hey guys, never saw this thread before :smile:

Just interested as to how you guys go about developing your promising youngsters. I'm currently playing as Barcelona in my 5th season (got the job after my first season at spurs in which I won the Champions league) and am not really sure how to get the most out of the promising youth besides training schedules and sending them out on loan. I spend about 40 - 60 mil a year on youth alone (as i don't need any players for the senior squad) but i swear only very few become worthy of the first team squad.
Original post by Gubey

Just interested as to how you guys go about developing your promising youngsters. I'm currently playing as Barcelona in my 5th season (got the job after my first season at spurs in which I won the Champions league) and am not really sure how to get the most out of the promising youth besides training schedules and sending them out on loan. I spend about 40 - 60 mil a year on youth alone (as i don't need any players for the senior squad) but i swear only very few become worthy of the first team squad.

Tutoring is also very important. Imo if you spend that much then you have too many to bring through properly. Having about 15 youth who will realistically be good enough for you at a team like that is as many as I would try to bring through. More and they won't get the game time I like to give them.
Reply 965
Original post by Psychotic546
Tutoring is also very important. Imo if you spend that much then you have too many to bring through properly. Having about 15 youth who will realistically be good enough for you at a team like that is as many as I would try to bring through. More and they won't get the game time I like to give them.

ahh i forgot to mention tutoring I do that too. But i dont actually buy that many youth players, they are all just very expensive, like 5-10 mil each for scout recommended 16 - 18 year olds. Its more just as my teams in a bit of a transitional mode, for the last four seasons at barca I have brought in a few top players (Rooney, Fabregas, Pastore, Henrique, Chiellini) due to the enormous budget they give you and have won the league and Champions league every year (though the invincibles accolade continues to elude me :frown: ), but now most of those players are getting on and i want to bring a few more of my youth / regens into the starting team. That said I dont want to use FMRTE or other scouts to get PAs etc so its tough to know which ones to invest in. Who do you manage and how are you getting on?
Two games in a row I've thrown away a 2-0 lead at half time away from home :facepalm2:
Original post by Gubey

Original post by Gubey

I keep on with tutoring/loaning and that, hopefully to a promotion chasing lower league team, so they can be a key player in a successful team. This seems to boost them more than anything. I wait until they're about 19 or 20 and start sticking them on my bench, bringing them on for the last half hour or starting them in cup games. I suppose as you're Barca it's difficult to get them up to standard, but it shouldn't be impossible.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 968
Original post by Seanisonfire
I keep on with tutoring/loaning and that, hopefully to a promotion chasing lower league team, so they can be a key player in a successful team. This seems to boost them more than anything. I wait until they're about 19 or 20 and start sticking them on my bench, bringing them on for the last half hour or starting them in cup games. I suppose as you're Barca it's difficult to get them up to standard, but it shouldn't be impossible.

oh really? that sounds like a good idea, I have a very promising striker who Man Utd wanted on loan, but he's only played 10 times this season (I'm at the end of March) which is frustrating. Yeah putting youngsters on the bench is hard because I rotate my squad alot to keep them fresh etc and to keep everyone happy, 2nd legs of Copa del Reys are a realistic option. On a side note, has anyone unlocked 'the Professor' 'Immovable Object' or 'Invincible' accolades on steam, I just cant seem to get any of them :frown: very annoying, I'm hoping to get 'the greatest' soon but going a whole season without losing without losing is so hard, closes i came was in 2014 when I played 38 won 37 lost 1 - dam Madrid!
Original post by Gubey
ahh i forgot to mention tutoring I do that too. But i dont actually buy that many youth players, they are all just very expensive, like 5-10 mil each for scout recommended 16 - 18 year olds. Its more just as my teams in a bit of a transitional mode, for the last four seasons at barca I have brought in a few top players (Rooney, Fabregas, Pastore, Henrique, Chiellini) due to the enormous budget they give you and have won the league and Champions league every year (though the invincibles accolade continues to elude me :frown: ), but now most of those players are getting on and i want to bring a few more of my youth / regens into the starting team. That said I dont want to use FMRTE or other scouts to get PAs etc so its tough to know which ones to invest in. Who do you manage and how are you getting on?

Started a new save of Fiorentina. Average age of 20, sold a lot of my high earners brought in youngsters. In 2nd atm (March) hopefully can finish there or 3rd. Was only aiming for 7th to get Europa spot so I'm sure next seasons ECC will be a complete bloodbath :smile:
Reply 970
I never thought I'd say this, but Bébé isn't actually that bad :p: So far he's come on as a second-half sub in three games. In the first game he got an assist, in the second he got a goal and in the third he got an assist. He's like a little super-sub for me :biggrin:
Reply 971
I got Notts County promoted to the Championship and am now on a 7 game unbeaten run and lie at the top of the Championship on goal difference :biggrin:. Jay Emmanuel Thomas (on loan from Arsenal) is single handedly winning me nearly every game. I also loaned another guy from Arsenal called Bacuna whose awesome :coma:

My main problem is though that pretty much all my teams rely on loan players. I only got promoted in the first place thanks to Pacheco :colondollar:
Reply 972
I love JET does turn out to be pretty decent in the premiership as well.
Reply 973
No-one can tackle him tbh, he just runs through players, if I get promoted it'll be because of him.

Has anyone bought Lukaku in Fm11 and is he any good? He plays for Racing in my game :lolwut: and his goal stats are pretty poor for someone whose as highly regarded as him!
I got him in my 2nd season at Newcastle, and he's been pretty ****. 2 goals in 19 appearances, albeit 9 off the bench. Play him as an advanced forward, and all he does is just get the ball and take pot shots from 30 yards out...
Speaking of him, how do people get the best out of him? I don't think he'd be suited to being a poacher/complete forward, that just leaves a target man...
Last gasp winners are always the best, especially against teams like Man Utd
Reply 977
Original post by Psychotic546
Started a new save of Fiorentina. Average age of 20, sold a lot of my high earners brought in youngsters. In 2nd atm (March) hopefully can finish there or 3rd. Was only aiming for 7th to get Europa spot so I'm sure next seasons ECC will be a complete bloodbath :smile:

ahh good effort. I played in a similar situation at the start of my game as I was Spurs before I moved to Barca, so much tougher when your not one of the dominant teams. In my save Palermo and Napoli become the dominant teams in Italy so I would watch out for them, and if you can snap up Babacar before he gets too expensive :smile: good luck!
Reply 978
I can't take any screenshots at all!!! I've set up a 'screenshot' folder in the FM11 section of Program Files but it just won't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've got the game from the disk and not from Steam.

Here is a screen shot..

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v3ir1c.png

Anyone have any suggestions at all?
Original post by Gubey

Original post by Gubey
oh really? that sounds like a good idea, I have a very promising striker who Man Utd wanted on loan, but he's only played 10 times this season (I'm at the end of March) which is frustrating.

Yah, I always refuse to send youngsters out on loan unless they specifically say they'll be a valuable first team player. Cover for the first team can ruin a player. My best one was sending Mario Gotze at Man City on loan to Fulham after they'd been relegated, they did exceptionally and he got a bag of goals and assists and came back good enough for my first team.

Original post by Deshi
Has anyone bought Lukaku in Fm11 and is he any good? He plays for Racing in my game :lolwut: and his goal stats are pretty poor for someone whose as highly regarded as him!

I had him on my Barca game, he can be very frustrating. For one season he was absolutely incredible, popped up everywhere and was slamming them in from 30 yards. But then he completely lost all form and I had to loan him out.

Latest