The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

First time I've played in ages, still on my Man City save.
Tevez is currently on 19 goals in 10 games without him I don't know where I'd be as no-one else is consistently scoring. Neymar's on form now though, scored two in the last two games as well as setting up another three.

Still unbeaten and it honestly looks like it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable future.
I'm thinking of offloading Dzeko in January, he doesn't fit in with my game plan (I play 4-2-3-1) and even when he does come on he plays terrible. His wages just eat up stuff, and considering I've got Balotelli, Neymar, Funes Mori (January) all as back-ups for Tevez I really don't need him. I might also buy Sanogo after seeing that ridiculous screenshot of him a few pages back - just to make sure. So yeah Dzeko's going, I might even loan him out if no-one wants him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Out of ac milan barcelona CSKA moscow Spurs Lyon and Bayern I got milan in the CL quarters :rant:
Went out of the CL in the group stage due to the head to heads (thought it was on GD!) so even though I beat Barca :frown:
7 points off top in Serie A in 5th with 4 teams 1 point apart. Just got a £30million bid from Arsenal for Hazard and was considering it till I realised
1. No one amazing wants to join my team
2. £30million won't buy a replacement for him
Lost to freaking Liverpool in the FA Cup final and then 3 days [yeah, 3 days, thanks for nothing FA] I lost to A. Madrid in the CL final despite dominating them. It's getting quite difficult to decide which youngsters to loan out and not, need to weigh up how much they're likely to play and that.
Gonna try a 3-4-1-2 with Bari tomorrow. Anyone here tried 3 man defences with wingbacks?
Original post by dnumberwang
Gonna try a 3-4-1-2 with Bari tomorrow. Anyone here tried 3 man defences with wingbacks?

i once tried a 0-6-4

it had 2 wingbacks

a dm

2 centre mids

and an attacking midfielder centre

an attacking mid on the right and left

and 2 strikers

i won 6-0 against villareal XD

unfortunately that is the closest
Newcastle 3 AC Milan 0
Shots on goal
4 to 8
Clear cut chances
2 to 2
:teehee:

Yeah but I get dominated, I did do a season with man city with 3 centre backs, this was in fm 09, so I used richard dunne, onouha and micah richards.
Original post by Psychotic546

Original post by Psychotic546
Went out of the CL in the group stage due to the head to heads (thought it was on GD!) so even though I beat Barca :frown:
7 points off top in Serie A in 5th with 4 teams 1 point apart. Just got a £30million bid from Arsenal for Hazard and was considering it till I realised
1. No one amazing wants to join my team
2. £30million won't buy a replacement for him

Buy a young player, do a scouting assignment in brazil/argentina, you'll find a good guy whos young. What about Nani/ Diego Buonannote(don't know how to spell him)?
Reply 1029
Avoid using 3-man defence - SI have admitted that it's bugged in the match engine and doesn't perform anywhere near as well as it should.
Wait, so in my first 2 seasons at Newcastle I won the league and league cup and I'm in the CL semis, and now the club will be taken over, and they want to replace me?!
Original post by jam277
Buy a young player, do a scouting assignment in brazil/argentina, you'll find a good guy whos young. What about Nani/ Diego Buonannote(don't know how to spell him)?

Plenty who are good but Hazard has been immense for me. Low(ish) wages for his quality and he can play across the field. Also he's the centre of my team so selling him will only ruin it.
Although if someone does bid £20m for Montolivo he'll be off :colonhash:
Original post by Dalimyr
Avoid using 3-man defence - SI have admitted that it's bugged in the match engine and doesn't perform anywhere near as well as it should.

Thanks for telling me, well that's a shame but oh well, I still have Matias Fernandez on a free transfer to play in the hole
If I have an attacking strategy should I leave my fullbacks to defend? I want to do a 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards
Also utd and Chelsea have just crumbled completely, both losing 3 games on the spin, so now I'm top again :lolwut:
Original post by Karma Charger

If I have an attacking strategy should I leave my fullbacks to defend? I want to do a 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards

I've done similar, I just always leave my fullbacks to automatic. Seemed to work fine.

I play the exact same formation, with my inside forwards being Neymar and Balotelli and the full backs as Kolorov/Zabaleta and Richards. I set the IF's to "Attack," and "Cut Inside" then keep the full backs on "Automatic" and "Hug Touchline" - I've had no problems so far so it seems to work.
I see. So I'm thinking of having a Deep lying playmaker (defend) and a ball winning midfielder (support) along with an advanced forward, attacking inside forwards and an attacking midfielder (attacking) Too attacking away from home?
Reply 1038
I always play my full backs as 'attacking wing backs'. Gives my team a nice out ball when pushing forward and as long as you play a DM they get covered nicely.

I canno believe I had to spend over £150m on first team players after I took over Liverpool in June 2012. The original team was so bad they had finished the season in 14th :lolwut:

I bought:
Sissoko - £15m
M'Villa - £17m
Neymar - £23m
Sanchez - £23.5m
Enrique - £15m
Hamsik - £31m
Henderson - £14m
Phil Jones - £11m

And then spent millions bringing youth players in as I had practically no youth players :sigh:
I have been blooding them in the League Cup and they managed to beat a full strength City :coma: Who my first team then managed to get beaten by, 3-1 :sigh:

I did manage to bring in £53m though and get a fair few players off of the wage budget.

I can't wait until Carragher becomes a coach though, his wages are obscene. He does have a '20' for fitness coaching for me though :biggrin:
Reply 1039
Just make sure the deep lying playmaker actually stays deep. As I find they tend to push quite a bit if you play them in the 'CM' area rather than then 'DM'. And the ball winning midfielder will press all over the pitch leaving him isolated in midfield.

I would try playing a central midfielder next to the DLP. Have the CM set on automatic so he reacts to the needs of your team.

Latest