The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Brrrr Pastore is bloody frustrating. When I first got to Man City he was incredible, so fast, scoring goals and assisting for fun. But for the past season and a bit he's been so mediocre. Every time he does one of his special runs into the box he just fires it straight at the keeper. Hamsik has also been poor, even worse than Pastore. He just doesn't seem to do anything any more.

And just as Pastore was getting some form and managed to score 2 games in a row, my laptop turns itself off :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1081
This has been buggering me for a while (regards FM 09 and earlier!): In the editor (cheating I know!) each player has a stat for each position - 1-20, 20 meaning natural. Say a winger had a MR stat of 1 and an AMR stat of 20, would he perform well if I stuck him in MR with forward run instructions?
Currently playing a 4-2-3-1 (L'pool, FM09) and want the option to change to 4-4-2 but I can hardly find any players who are natural in both the mid and attacking wing positions... :s
The wheels are coming off for me, already 8 points behind 1st and it's only October :colonhash:
Original post by Psychotic546
He's sort of improved to about a 7.11 now. 10 assists 5 goals in 28 I switched him to trequista but I'll try Playmaker now. He's very inconsistent atm. He'll be a liability for ages then suddenly 3 assists and a goal o.O

Oh he cost me £34 million :colondollar: They didn't want to sell and I needed him :rolleyes:

He seems a very hard player to get right but when you do he's a monster. On my Chelsea save I had him and he had the most assists in the EPL it something ridiculous, however on my Man City save he's not playing as well but he's being consistently alright I suppose :frown:
Reply 1084
I had lots of problems with Pastore as well. Tbh I have a lot of problems with the AMC position. They are very inconsistent. One game scoring and assisting, the next game getting a 6 :sigh:
Also, Hamsik seems to be a very streaky player. He will have a run of 10 amazing games and then his form just shatters and he is a shadow of his former self.
Original post by Seanisonfire

I usually wheel and deal for good youngsters. I do top level wheeling and dealing too, though with Man City it becomes a bit pointless when you can splash 30m+ on a player anyway and it barely matters.

That's why I use blackpool.
My goalies are joe lewis, and a regen called sergio herrera.
My defence consists of two regens, slavko marasovic, and baiano, they're both leading defenders in the prem, I also have jeffrey bruma who I got off a free and siobadon rajkovic.
My midfield has one regen named cho seoung yong, who is the best player in the game by far(but i didn't register him in time so he can't play till january) and jonjo shelvey, morgan schneiderlin and jucilei.
My strikers are completely pants, I have juan manuel vargas as left winger who for a 34 year old in my game is quite sick, danny welbeck/josip tadic as right winger/striker, who can save you in one game and be a burden in the next and two regens, ruffini (18 year old who I got on free but is up and coming) and antonio (22 year old who is sick on paper but cannot score unless it's a chip or something fabulous).
Overall my team are probably as good as tottenham's/liverpools in real life.
Original post by Kevmeister

Original post by Kevmeister
In the second season of a Utd game - I've sold a lot of reserves/squad players, inc. O'Shea, Cleverly, Gibson, Obertan, De Laet, Kuszcak [the fans didn't like this one, even though I have Neuer]. Owen was released and is still without a club, lol. Giggs and Scholes are in their final seasons, I think. VDS moved onto the coaching staff.....

I signed Santon for £7.75m, Defour for £12m, Thiago on a free and a few hot prospects from around Europe.

Squad: Lindegaard, Neuer, Brown, Santon, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Smalling, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Hargreaves [who has been injury free since returning last season], Carrick, Fletcher, Defour, Scholes, Valbuena, Eriksen, Morrison, Anderson, Thiago, Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Park, Lucas [a wonderkid signed from Sao Paulo to take Giggs' place], Macheda, Rooney, Berba, Hernandez, Welbeck.

Could do with another left sided winger but still: :sexface:

Juan manuel vargas or zhirkov.
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?

Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
This is a common problem. Try loaning them out first or play them in some games. Some players are just unsellable even if you offered them out for £0.

Anyone know a cheap backup GK that I can buy? Good enough to get into the first team if my first-choice was to get injured.

Kasper schmeichel.
Won the League and cup double. League won on the last game with a 4-1 win over Juventus :biggrin:

Board just scrapped training + youth facility upgrades AGAIN even though they have money this time...
For whoever it was before who was talking about youth, making sure your youth facilities are tip top is something I've recently noticed is important.
Reply 1091
The sudden change of form could be due to their consistency rating
Currently in my 5th season, had my first 3 seasons at Torquay and then moved onto Derby in the 4th season. Saved them from relegation from the Championship last season and started this season really well, but have struggled for form in the last 5 games.

I'm one of the people that like to move around quite a bit, which means that if I see a new job come up soon, then I'll probably be quite likely to take it!
Original post by randomer1122

Currently in my 5th season, had my first 3 seasons at Torquay and then moved onto Derby in the 4th season. Saved them from relegation from the Championship last season and started this season really well, but have struggled for form in the last 5 games.

I'm one of the people that like to move around quite a bit, which means that if I see a new job come up soon, then I'll probably be quite likely to take it!

I like to stay with my team and battle it out.

In this game I've decided to be realistic :tongue:
Stoke offer me a higher wage than Crystal Palace - go to Stoke
Bari then offer me an even higher wage - go to Bari (better weather too...)
I just tend to get bored of the club so easily! Especially in the lower leagues, as I find when I'm in a higher league and have developing youngsters etc I find it alot more fun, but you can't get that in the lower leagues.

I was enjoying playing as Torquay but we had an awful second season and we just couldn't pick ourselves up, but the position I got them in was good for the side and budget we had, and when Derby got rid of their manager I resigned and applied and luckily got given the job.

There is two jobs I'm looking at as my next move now, both Leeds and West Brom (both in Championship) have their managers jobs as insecure. If these become available I'll be applying for both I think.
The only job I'll leave Man City for is Man Utd. Dunno how I'll go about it though, if I express interest my club will go mental, if I just apply I'll have to be sure of getting it or I'm screwed. They also only seem to hire ex-Utd players.
The only job I'll leave Man City for is Man Utd. Dunno how I'll go about it though, if I express interest my club will go mental, if I just apply I'll have to be sure of getting it or I'm screwed. They also only seem to hire ex-Utd players.

Would of thought you'd have to be without a club to go from City to United.

I thought I'd leave Derby pretty soon and I did, I was approached by Wigan after they sacked Roberto Martinez, even though they were 4th in the Championship. I took up their offer, and started to take a look at the side. I have a £2 million transfer budget so not a lot of money to play with but enough, but I doubt whether I'll make any signings before the summer to be honest.

I also went about deciding on my staff, a lot of the staff that were employed under Martinez left when he did, but I had some replacements in mind. I've brought in Paul Mortimer, who I had with me at Torquay and Derby (he followed me out of the club both times), I'm in discussions with Chris Hargreaves (former Torquay, Oxford, Northampton etc midfielder) about becoming my assistant manager for the third time, and also Kevin Hill (former Torquay midfielder, legend!).

Unsure on the formation that I want to use, I'm thinking of going for this:

GK

RB CB CB LB

DM DM

CM

RW LW

ST

Undecided at the moment though. How's everyone elses games going?
In two minds whether to sign Akinfeev/Lloris (board transfer) and sell Enyeama or just keep him.
Have you guys ever offered a player a contract who's 'very interested' and his agent says 'this deal works for us etc...'. Then his agent says he's not happy with the contract offer and doesn't want to continue negotiations?

Latest