The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
playing online in a 7 man game is epic been a really tight title race i didn't manage to get on until after the first premier league game so all the top sides were taken and ended up with Everton to find Fellaini and Jageilka had both been sold for 10m each to Arsenal for deals over a period of 48 months and Moyes had spent my small budget plus money from sales totaling 10m on some players so i couldn't make any transfers

Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham etc all spent huge sums of money (Man city spent 500m)

so my little side stood very little chance of success against the giants but i find myself with 31 league games played i am top of the league the league has been extremely tight and i have often found myself anywhere between 1st and 4th. A number of sides have lead the league and different points including Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and Everton. Arsenal were on 5 pts in 10 games to srart with but now find themselves in 4th spot.

Tottenham are in a pathetic 10th place but their manager took them to league cup victory guaranteeing them Europa league football next season.
Meh, it never feels right when 3 of your goals in a 5-0 win (over Napoli) were from corners
Original post by Karma Charger
Have you guys ever offered a player a contract who's 'very interested' and his agent says 'this deal works for us etc...'. Then his agent says he's not happy with the contract offer and doesn't want to continue negotiations?

Yeah the agents can be ridiculous!

The other wierd thing I find, is that you place an advert for say a youth coach, you get applicants, and offer them a job of youth coach and the wage they want etc and it says they're very interested, yet every time you suggest the terms they refuse and change it to just a normal coach! Why apply for a youth coach job if you don't want to be a youth coach?!
I'm sure young players are more susceptible to injury. I sent my top rated young mid out on loan to Osasuna, within a month he's out for 4-5 months. I sent my top rated young striker out on loan to Napoli and he's also out for 4-5 months! Both hip injuries, too.
Ended up signing Cristiano Ronaldo :mmm:
Rooney isn't happy at United....:teeth:
Original post by dnumberwang

Original post by dnumberwang
Meh, it never feels right when 3 of your goals in a 5-0 win (over Napoli) were from corners

I think nearly all my goals are from set pieces, I should be managing chelsea.
Think I'm going to have to get rid of Kjaer, he's so unreliable it's unreal. He's been like it for a while but I've ignored it, until he got 8.7 and motm in one match and then 5.7 in the next one. Ffs.
I'm on a game at the moment well I've only holidayed up to 2058 at the moment trying to get to 2100 would anyone be interested in me uploading it when I get there just to see how much its changed? Blackburn are probably the biggest falls from grace at the moment in league 2. No real surprises concerning the Prem title race although Sunderland have won it once and Tottenham a few times.
Original post by Lucy :)
I'm on a game at the moment well I've only holidayed up to 2058 at the moment trying to get to 2100 would anyone be interested in me uploading it when I get there just to see how much its changed? Blackburn are probably the biggest falls from grace at the moment in league 2. No real surprises concerning the Prem title race although Sunderland have won it once and Tottenham a few times.

Not as crazy as on my FM2010 game where strongest teams in the title race with me (Spurs, in the 2020s) were Everton... and Leeds :tongue:
You'd hope there'd be a bit more fluctuation tbh. Though I suppose it can't factor in historic changes, so the fortunes of big and little clubs rarely changes dramatically.
Original post by Lucy :)

ill take a look
Reply 1112
Last month on SI's forums, someone posted some screenshots from FM11 after they'd gone on holiday until December 2330.
One of the screenshots was of the European Championships from 2192 to 2328, showing who the top three were plus the hosts of each tournament, and I just noticed something in the pic. In real life, there have been 13 Euros so far and 11 different hosts (Italy ('68 and '80) and France ('60 and '84) are the only countries to have hosted twice...I'm counting the Holland/Belgium and Austria/Switzerland things as one host each rather than two hosts for each tournament)
In this screenshot, there have been 35 tournaments and only 6 different hosts - every single tournament has been held by one of: Spain (8 tournaments), Germany (8), England (7), France (4), Italy (4) or Portugal (4)...and the 2332 tournament is scheduled to be held in England as well.
World cups were largely similar, though with a little more variety...Australia, Brazil, China, France, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Portugal, South Africa, South Korea, USA...the host nation was always one of those eleven. Again, 35/36 tournaments, and all 11 mentioned nations hosting between two and four tournaments each over a ~140 year period (2194 - 2330/34)

Bit of a shame that there's so little variety in the nations there. Also surprising that Iceland (the league this guy had running) never featured. Five stadia in the country could hold at least 85,000 and there were a few more than could hold 50,000+ but the guy said that Iceland had only hosted a few Champions League / Europa League finals and nowt more.
Reply 1113
:cry:

Returned to my old Billericay game.
First match, my top scorer gets injured and is out for 5-6 weeks.
Second match, his replacement gets injured and is out for 4 weeks, and my best (essentially only) left winger gets injured for 2 months.

I'm currently second in the league but with those injuries plus my best central defender (who was already injured) still out for another couple of weeks, I'm screwed :frown:
Wondering if there's a connection between my poor home form and my low attendance
Reply 1115
2 questions
1) I think i have FM 07 should i bother getting the new one or is it pretty similar
2) Whats a good team to start with (preferably English)
Arsene Wenger is managing Barcelona on my game in 2014 :zomg:
Reply 1117
Original post by Joshc93
2 questions
1) I think i have FM 07 should i bother getting the new one or is it pretty similar
It uses the same engine, but there have obviously been a lot of changes over the past four years, most notably the 3D match engine which was added in FM09.

2) Whats a good team to start with (preferably English)
Depends on what you'd consider 'good'. Also depends on whether you're wanting recommendations for 07 or 11, as that could have big implications on where a team stands (two of the more obvious examples being Man City, who would be a far more challenging start in 07 because the new owners only joined in 2008...and Luton Town were in the Championship in FM07 whereas they're in the Conference in FM11 after three consecutive relegations primarily due to huge points deductions like -30 points in 2008/09)
Really annoyed with my board. Have won Serie A 4 times in a row but I've had to keep selling any high earners to keep profitable every month (just b'cos I don't like making a loss). Means I haven't been able to do much in Europe so far and they refuse to expand my stadium.

Had 97% average attendance last year, 95% before and they say they don't think there isn't enough potential fanbase.
I've concluded that I have **** plastic fans. Attendance is rubbish percentage of capacity (average 33K, 58K capacity), home form is crap, away form is actually better than home form. I'm the only club in the city as well >.<
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest