The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louis.

Original post by Louis.
See I know this should be the case for me but it just isn't. I look at the screen that lists every trophy, often including the Community Shield/Super Cup/World Club Cup and the other ones i've won absolutely everything, and I just think 'meh'. It's always the point in the game when I lose motivation, when I can't be bothered to do anymore because it has all been done.

I think my favourite ever achievement was winning the Prem with Preston about 4 seasons in, I loved that side :flutter:

Well I've been thinking of quitting and taking the Man Utd job [Steve Bruce took them to a glorious 7th :mmm:] but idk, I wouldn't be guaranteed. Also thinking of the youngsters I've got coming through I get excited by them and want to see how they do.
Reply 1141
Original post by Seanisonfire
Well I've been thinking of quitting and taking the Man Utd job [Steve Bruce took them to a glorious 7th :mmm:] but idk, I wouldn't be guaranteed. Also thinking of the youngsters I've got coming through I get excited by them and want to see how they do.

City to Utd? U mad? :pierre:

Actually watching my youngsters, especially regens, develop can keep an otherwise mundane game going for a while I suppose.
i love watching my youth come through i feel dead proud when a regen has come through my youth system all the way and then watching him score that winner in the champions league final....

on a other note is it possibly to prove a scout wrong
say he says a player is a 2.5 potential im not saying can he break the records but can he get to say 3/3.5 star if at a good enough club
Original post by Louis.

Original post by Louis.
City to Utd? U mad? :pierre:

Actually watching my youngsters, especially regens, develop can keep an otherwise mundane game going for a while I suppose.

yeah i know. according to the game i was one of the touted names, but they'd never ask me while i'm there. i'd have to quit first. Think I'd leave if Munich wanted me too tbh
yeah i know. according to the game i was one of the touted names, but they'd never ask me while i'm there. i'd have to quit first. Think I'd leave if Munich wanted me too tbh

why have you got to quit first

im pretty sure ive applied to jobs while currently managing
Original post by kopite493

say he says a player is a 2.5 potential im not saying can he break the records but can he get to say 3/3.5 star if at a good enough club

If you really develop him well, he will get an extra half a star or so on his potential.

why have you got to quit first

im pretty sure ive applied to jobs while currently managing

I have too, but I'm managing Man City and would be applying for the Man Utd job.
If you really develop him well, he will get an extra half a star or so on his potential.

I have too, but I'm managing Man City and would be applying for the Man Utd job.

oh that's cool got a couple two and a half 18 year olds like jake fowler who im hoping to improve slightly

so you cant apply for your rivals thats interesting didn't know that although saying that i dont usually play as liverpools rivals XD so dont have to worry aba it

oh that's cool got a couple two and a half 18 year olds like jake fowler who im hoping to improve slightly

so you cant apply for your rivals thats interesting didn't know that although saying that i dont usually play as liverpools rivals XD so dont have to worry aba it

Oh I could apply for it if I wanted to, but I'd have to be very sure I won't get sacked. I'm secure enough to not get sacked for showing an interest in most jobs, but Man Utd might be a step too far.
well i ssigned van persie
and i was just curious at what people think his best role is im leaning towards tresquista or deep lying forward?
My form as Wigan has improved fantastically in the last five games after I changed from a 4-2-3-1 variation, to a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers. We've been killing teams off and are looking so dangerous every time we attack.

Although the most dissapointing thing is that due to our poor start, the title after just 13 games is already looking out of reach! Newcastle are killing it, and although I'm in 4th place, they are top of the league and clear of me by an impressive 13 points. They're undefeated so far and I just can't see them losing 4 times this season, I think it is going to be hard but, if we carry on our form, we'll definately be pushing them close.
Reply 1150
I need some transfer advice.

As Aston Villa in FM 2010, first season, I have bought Badelj, Lukaku, Neymar and Otamendi, while loaning Heskey and selling Carew. I need some form of experienced striker and central midfielder (preferably defensive) to make an immediate impact and as cover for the wonderkids while they train or if they're injured. Due to the expensive signings (had to pay in installments), I have around 3mil left.

Cheers.

Original post by JTM

As Aston Villa in FM 2010, first season, I have bought Badelj, Lukaku, Neymar and Otamendi, while loaning Heskey and selling Carew. I need some form of experienced striker and central midfielder (preferably defensive) to make an immediate impact and as cover for the wonderkids while they train or if they're injured. Due to the expensive signings (had to pay in installments), I have around 3mil left.

Cheers.

kleber would be a good pick. You can change the transfer budget by talking to the board/using the adjustment thing so if you do then you might get him for that price.
so demoralising getting spanked in your first season promoted the the premier league by Arsenal Chelsea etc.. :frown:

Beat Arsenal in the League cup semi which I was happy with. Signed Rosicky on free at the start of my first season in the prem with Norwich and he is actually ****. Can't do anything, much like in real life..
Played a few more games as Wigan and still unbeaten, it has now stretched to 8 games, which considering our poor start is not bad at all. My next game is at home to my previous club, Derby. Hope I can get one over on them.

I've made some moves in the transfer market as well, bringing in some younger players to develop in an aging squad. Two youngsters from the BSN and BSS respectively will be joining in January, along with a Goalkeeper from Rotheram. All have first team experience which is good, with a 19 year old winger who started his career at Man City, the Goalkeeper from Rotheram also 19 who started his career at Man Utd, and the biggest prospect, a 17 year old striker who will be joining from AFC Telford who came up through their youth side! He scored 19 goals in his first season as a 16 year old, and then so far this season he has scored 9 in 15, and will be joining in just under two months.

I've also taken my first step into Internation Management, after Owen Coyle offered me the job of Ireland Under 19s. I accepted but I'm not sure how long I'll be in the job, the standard of players is quite poor but I think it will be interesting.
i love watching my youth come through i feel dead proud when a regen has come through my youth system all the way and then watching him score that winner in the champions league final....

Yeah in my current team I have a AM who was meant to be 3 but now touted as 4.
Another went from 3.5 to 4.5. Can't wait to see what "better than Neymar" is like :eek:
well i ssigned van persie
and i was just curious at what people think his best role is im leaning towards tresquista or deep lying forward?

Advanced Forward - I hope you have a replacement or back-up for him though, as much like real life he's amazing but gets injured way to often. I'm pretty sure he picked up two-three month long injuries and then many more knocks that kept him out for a few weeks.

Original post by JTM

Cheers.

I'd go for trying to loan some old but good players - maybe someone like Raul/Owen/Nistlerooy? then for CM maybe Rivaldo or someone.
Reply 1156
Started a game as Watford and was doing reasonably well, keeping them in the top half of the table, when Valladolid offered me the job after their manager got sacked due to a poor start to the season. So I took over 13 games into the season, with the club in 16th.

7 games later, we're up to 2nd place and into one of the automatic promtion places due to a 7 game winning streak :smug:
Original post by Troubled_Student
Advanced Forward - I hope you have a replacement or back-up for him though, as much like real life he's amazing but gets injured way to often. I'm pretty sure he picked up two-three month long injuries and then many more knocks that kept him out for a few weeks.

I'd go for trying to loan some old but good players - maybe someone like Raul/Owen/Nistlerooy? then for CM maybe Rivaldo or someone.

oh okay then shall try him as that

an yeah ive got podolski aswell an also myself lol (although im not great im still young but a fairly decent back up as target man if needed)
Reply 1158
So I just realised 3 of my main strikers [and my 2 best ones] are all African. And it's African Nations Cup time.

****. :colondollar:

On the plus side, we're 7th in the Premiership after an amazing run of form where we even thrashed Spurs 4-1 at WHL. Europa League here we come!!! [hopefully :P]
I hate the Italian rule only letting you sign 1 non- EU player a season. Half my team is Brazilian/ Argentinian.
I've signed a good Argentinian GK (good GK's are so rare) and then managed to get a 4 star CB for £8million after I had a £35million bid rejected at the start of the season. The transfer was cancelled cos he was American.

Now I have a £22 million transfer of a 4.5 star striker going to go through end of season. Now it's going to be cancelled. If I don't get him >.<

Latest