The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eru Iluvatar
Following my reserve keepers pleas for first team football, poll taken to see if the fans agree... 92% say no, 8% undecided (First choice keeper has conceded a dozen goals in 37 league games, 60% of appearances in all competitions resulted in a clean sheet).

First time i think i've come across that one!

In other news, managed a 60 match unbeaten streak in all contests (stretching across a year or so), before losing 1-0 to Everton (in between FA Cup and Champions League matches, after having secured the premiership)

you can do this???
Reply 1181
It does it for you. It's just a news item.
You lot sicken me! I managed Spurs from from 2012 to 2025 on FM2010 and never spent more than £27m on a single player :tongue:

Only joking
Reply 1183
Spurs just won the Premiership and the media are claiming Stuart Pearce is the "greatest English manager ever" :biggrin:

And they just got taken over by some rich Dutch dude and now have a transfer kitty of "£120M" :redface:
Wolves have spent 60m+ on transfers in the summer :s-smilie: though tbf they've been in the European spots for the past few seasons.
Bought this regen player a few seasons ago, he's just astonishing. The even more ridiculous thing about it is I got relegated last season to the CHampionship and he's stuck with me instead of demanding a transfer to another club, and believe me he could go to any of the top clubs in the world and be a star.

Stats:

History/What I Paid For Him:

Original post by OceanInTheSky

That is one of the best regens stats I have ever seen! His goalscoring record for you is awesome aswell 21 in 14 starts :eek:
Hey,
Has anyone got any good tactics that work instantly for a strugiling Liverpool FC side??
In my many different saves my transfers were in the top ten;

Neymar - 35m
Ganso - 30m
Cavani - 38m
M'Vila - 30m
Sanchez - 27m
Llorente (**** as well) - 32m
Reply 1189
As mentioned earlier, using the level 11 database, so I've started the lowest of the low and modded some team in the Midland Combination D1 into The Boro'. 5 games in;

You can sign proper quality players for this level on amateur contracts, hence the perfect record so far!
Reply 1190
Ok I've just signed M'Vila for my Barca team in 2018, I've registered him and all but the game wont allow me to give him a squad number no matter what I do, is this the game screwing up or is there something I'm missing??
Original post by Gubey
Ok I've just signed M'Vila for my Barca team in 2018, I've registered him and all but the game wont allow me to give him a squad number no matter what I do, is this the game screwing up or is there something I'm missing??

Has he played for 2 clubs already that year?
Original post by hogso
As mentioned earlier, using the level 11 database, so I've started the lowest of the low and modded some team in the Midland Combination D1 into The Boro'. 5 games in;

You can sign proper quality players for this level on amateur contracts, hence the perfect record so far!

i downloaded this and it crashed when it was loading database

is it not compatible with 11.3?
Reply 1193
Original post by Psychotic546
Has he played for 2 clubs already that year?

ahh that may be it as I did sign him in January, I'll check. Thanks though
Dropped almost 50mil on this guy worth it?

50 million is excessive for any player, tbf.

There are always cheaper alternatives.
Original post by AstroZombie1
Dropped almost 50mil on this guy worth it?

He looks like a worse version of Sissoko who costs about £15mil at the start.
I never spend that much on a player unless I get more from the sale of the player he's replacing so £50mil is never worth it.
Original post by marcusmerehay
50 million is excessive for any player, tbf.

There are always cheaper alternatives.

I reckon I can cover it. :colondollar:

Ah, addict. :p:

Can't wait to get back to my Cardiff save on FM09 when I return to Uni on Tuesday. :h:

Think I'm in 2017 on that one tbf, though I was with Real Massama in Portugal until 2014. :ahee:
50M with Celtic? :wtf:

Latest